Replies

• ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    @MissMay that is a very pretty tree!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,814 Member
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Friday December 03 - Drinks, Beef Karahi (from the restaurant that I work at) and salty snacks.
    Saturday December 04 - AF - I got out to a trail today, I have been too busy to fit it in, but need to get out there every day, even if just for a bit. It was snowing a bit : - ) Yes, I did feel like having drinks, but didn't - working a split tomorrow was a good enough reason not to.
    Sunday December 05 - AF - No plans for drinks before Friday.

Rolling Total: 4AF days out of 5 days.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited December 2021
    You guys all ROCK!

Keeping our heads above water this time of year can be so challenging.
    But hey ...what is life without a goal or purpose?

I always tell people everyday I wake up with at least one purpose on my list. Even if it is oh so slight a purpose.

We all need something to look forward to:

•So go bake some holidays cookies you have always wanted to make.
    •Send some holiday greeting cards to people you know are alone and need their spirits picked up.
    •Put up a few lights to brighten your yard, because they ways bring joy to those passing by, as well as to yourself.
    •Visit with a person who is alone during this time of year.

AF lastnight

This photo is of the collection of snowmen and Santa's (above my office cabinets) that I have received from family and friends over the years. All because once I commented on a soft sculptured snowman at a friend's house. ❣⛄

v1ippnck2swx.jpg

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,682 Member
    @Lilylady3k YOU are amazing! That is such a useful gift. Im sure the new parents will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Hi : - )

Going for my usual goal of 16-20 AF days, Diary style

Friday December 03 - Drinks, Beef Karahi (from the restaurant that I work at) and salty snacks.
    Saturday December 04 - AF - I got out to a trail today, I have been too busy to fit it in, but need to get out there every day, even if just for a bit. It was snowing a bit : - ) Yes, I did feel like having drinks, but didn't - working a split tomorrow was a good enough reason not to.
    Sunday December 05 - AF - No plans for drinks before Friday.
    Monday December 06 - AF - Busy couple of days ahead including work out of town, so pretty easy to stay AF

Rolling Total: 5AF days out of 6 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Thinking of those of you in Houston, because I just found out that Beyoncé is from there : - )
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    @MissMay - Love your soft sculptured snowman and Santas! Though I don't want to say it out loud cause I understand how collected get started too LOL

ahoy_m8 - Are you in San Antonio? I just read an article that it is one of the up and coming recommendations for people to move to for retirement ... hospitals, cost of living and activities.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 788 Member
    I absolutely love the photos everyone is posting, it is really helping me get in the Christmas spirit! This weekend I will put up my decorations. Nothing fancy just some window decorations. @MissMay the snowman are great, just Sunday my DD messaged me asking if I still had the one she made when she was a young teen.....Of course I do!
    AF 4 A 4 baby steps
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    @MissMay - Love your soft sculptured snowman and Santas! Though I don't want to say it out loud cause I understand how collected get started too LOL

ahoy_m8 - Are you in San Antonio? I just read an article that it is one of the up and coming recommendations for people to move to for retirement ... hospitals, cost of living and activities.

@Lilylady3k We're in Dallas. San Antonio has had amazing growth for sure. Dallas will be in the 80's F for the rest of the week. Warmer than SoCal :D
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited December 2021
    @ahoy_m8 - I knew you were somewhere in Texas. Yes this is a warm December!

@dawnbgethealthy - I didn't know that Beyoncé was from Houston. Small world. Just finished listening to audio book "Kicking & Dreaming: A Story of Heart, Soul, and Rock and Roll" memoir told by Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart). Lots of stories about their time in Canada. Being in a band in your youth ... I think you might really enjoy the book. It was fun to discover the background story on many of the songs they wrote and the various bands they were in.
    For some of you ... the book was also interesting going into the drug and alcohol abuse, recovery, and weight perception.

So I've been racking up a few AF days this week. It helped that Monday and Tuesday I was around my pregnant DIL so I felt supportive of her and stayed away from the wine that DH drank on Monday night for dinner and that my sister drank on Tuesday night when we were at dinner and a play (TUTS Little Mermaid).
    Tonight DH joined me in an alcohol free Steak Night. I know ... punch me! Couldn't believe that we were having steak without a nice bottle of red wine either! Surprises around every corner.

4 AF and 4 A this month so far.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,607 Member
    Happy Birthday @ahoy_m8 ! SoCal could be fun this time of year. Where are you going? My favorite area is really Los Olivos/Solvang/Santa Barbara area. I'll bet Santa Barbara and Solvang are pretty now with all the gorgeous architecture decorated for Xmas. Camarillo Outlets is pretty good for holiday shopping! And the best mexican food I've had in my life is in that area. Enjoy!

December to-date: 6 out of 8 days: AF

Going to force myself outside for a run. I don't want to, it's cold and I feel so comfy in my chair but I will just go do it.

• dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k

Yes, we claimed Heart as our own in Canada B)
    I think that they are from Seattle.

That book sounds great.
    Honestly, I used to read so much, but the last years I have only found time for it while away on vacation.
    I should reroute my life to try to make some time for books, I have so many that haven't been cracked yet, and close to 300 on my Kindle.