Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew.

Rough night in NW TN. A [possible] tornado hit half a mile from my house. Won't know until offical assessment happens in daylight. My favorite convenience store was destroyed.

Reports that our Sonic, grocery store, and Dollar store were also destroyed have been circulating.

Best I can tell in the dark, we don't have any damage other than being without power for 7 hours. The substation is across the street from the c-store that was destroyed.

How are things in Memphis, @SherryRueter ?

Yes, Lana, I leave tomorrow for Virginia. Will be back on Thursday. I'll check in as I can.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Good Morning! I am feeling better each day. Not sure if it’s the shot or if I slept wrong but my neck is achy and got a headache.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,832 Member
    Tracy - things seem okay here. The warning came and then the tornadoes moved north, so lucky! Hope your town isn't too bad.

Holiday party yesterday threw me into a sugar fest. Back at better habits today, sure felt the inflammation of the sugar all night last night.

Glad your feeling better Gemwolf110

Total body workout this morning. Sure felt great.
    Now onto house work ...blech...but I love the results it gives.
    Now if only I could remember how wonderful the results of good eating is!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good afternoon,

Missed all the tornado news, Tracy I am glad you are safe.

Went and did a little grocery shopping and watched soccer. Will put my feet up and watch things online.

May even put Christmas Stuff in the house??

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    wa0dffalj9uz.jpeg
    *** December 12th ***

Good morning all~~

Tracy - I am glad that you posted and that you are OK. Have a good, safe trip to Virginia ✈️

Sherry - glad that the tornados missed you.
    I hear you on the cleaning; I need to declutter in 2022, so that cleaning isn't so daunting. It's hard to clean when there is too much stuff everywhere!

Sara - I hope that you are feeling better and better each day. Enjoy your soccer!

Missy - how is your neck and head today?

Well, the sun is out and the skies are blue today here in NC, and I am SO grateful. The sunshine lifts the spirits ☀️

Lana

262.0 today
    271.2 highest
    246.0 1st day of Spring 🌷 goal
  • SherryRueter
    Sunday - Agility workout 25mins. BI/Tri workout 25min.

Hopig the wind is 2mph so we feel like taking a couple walks. Skipped early church and are going to 11am church instead. Hoping that will help us get in a noon walk after church because it will be just a touch warmer.

Some of the house got cleaned yesterday, I still have a few things to do of course. I need to assign the kids to do some of it (which I find hard to do!) They are adults, why should i have to say anything?!?!? But, that's how it goes...I tell them what to do and it will get done. THat's the goal.

Also, I think we are hoping to make some sort of cookies or decorate a pre-made gingerbread house today. Looking forward to that.

Lastly, I do want to track my food intake today so that I am more accountable to NOT eating unhealthy stuff (insert poop emoji here). Hope you have a great sunday. Only a few more days left to work this year.

SR
  • gemwolf110
    Good Morning! Neck is still achy but little to no headache but my back went out at work yesterday. I almost called out bc of the neck ache but I didn’t and should have. Oh well. I’m home resting more today. I’m hoping it’s just a coincidence and not related to shot. Probably just coincidence.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Rain we were expecting was very punctual (isnt that nice?) it is a cold storm and we hope it brings wonderful snow to mountains.

I mentioned to someone at church that I have small fake trees and she let me look at the wooden trees someone made and donated and mine is red/silver garland to offset the onslaught of dark green.

Yes, my eating is more calories than my walking but that my be the case for a little while. Yummy holiday items have a green light at the moment as my " I deserve it" 4 year old child voice is having way too much fun. That will change soon enough.

Staying inside and knitting and who knows what else. People who know me at church are saying prayers for my first day back at work tomorrow. I may have to as well.

Wishing all a sane and safe day.
  • LanaCabana537

Oh jeez Sara - where did the time go? I thought that you had way more time before returning to work! Yikes!
  • LanaCabana537
    y5dx4xvk2ocf.jpeg
    *** December 13 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I seem to be in a fog, even though the sun is shining.

*waving to Jean Pierre for another cup of coffee*

Lana

263.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    y5dx4xvk2ocf.jpeg
    *** December 13 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I seem to be in a fog, even though the sun is shining.

*waving to Jean Pierre for another cup of coffee*

Lana

263.2 today

I was waving for more coffee earlier now just want to snuggle up with the pups with some hot chocolate.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Long cold wet day. Strong wind and rain made it even harder to go to work ...... My socks are well and I have to run the heater as it is too cold. Hard to dislike rain when we need it so badly but cold/wet socks may just do it

Will snuggle up with blanket and hope to keep warm. Melatonin is working well except the dreams I am having. Last night I dreamt I was crammed in the back seat of a convertible to wake up and find myself in a ball in my recliner.

Can I have whipped cream with my coffee?

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    59cysydisvjj.jpeg
    *** December 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Now, Sara, look what you started: Alejandro is coming with coffee and a bowl of whipped cream, and Daniel is asking everyone if they need dry socks! It is a little chilly out here by the pool...... 😁🌴

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Lana

avoided the scale this morning, due to bad behavior yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Decided it would be cheaper to go shopping tomorrow instead of having it delivered.

I am borrowing a sit/stand desk at work and I am grateful as this morning did not start well with my mid section - it was not painful but just letting me know.

Scales are only numbers Lana how can you change your bad behavior? I need to ask myself the same question....

• LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    vqxf1466pwyb.jpeg
    *** December 15th ***

Good morning! ☀️

Oh Sara - emotional eating has always been a struggle for me. I can be going along just fine for a couple of days and then *Bam!* Out of nowhere an attitude of "I don't care, I want this" will take over my thinking, and I am off the rails eating and drinking unhealthy things. It really is a temper tantrum.
    Then the next day I regret it--it's like waking from a bad dream. Positive self-talk and other tools just don't work (yet) in that moment of powerful feelings of "I deserve this" or "it doesn't matter".

Today is a new day.....

I hope that the sit/stand desk is a help to you. Hugs 🤗

Lana

263.8 today
  • SherryRueter
    Working out continues. Booty on Tuesday, Chest today. Back tomorrow.

I enjoy asking myself Questions - something I've acquired while listening to the Primal Potential podcast, Elizabeth benton.

I'll try to leave you all with a question from a list I purchased from her.

What do you already know that, when applied, it would dramatically change your results.

++++
    I already know that if I eat 1800-2000 calories and eat healthy foods (veggies most, less sugar/desserts) that I will automatically be happier and feel healthier and be right at the weight I want to be at.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Grocery shopping early. Will go see if I can knit and watch a soccer game.

Grocery cart was filled with some good /some bad - most bad were going to "christmas pot lucks" except for the Cheetos.

Answer to good question what do I already know? I stink at drinking water that alone would make a big difference.

My sit stand desk is working much better I was so stiff yesterday morning it was noticeable, so glad my desk has improved

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    35t8hud0o33m.jpeg
    *** December 16 ***

"What do you already know that, when applied, would dramatically change your results."
    I have stared at this for a while now, and I am coming up blank and am frustrated by it. It's not a good day today. Brain chems are way, way off.
    I do know this: if I didn't have mental health problems, I likely wouldn't have a food/weight problem.

Crabby Lana

263.8 today

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Day is done and tomorrow is Friday - yay!!!!

Lana state the fact and dont kick yourself - glad you came up with an answer.

Cold here and will dive under the blankets soon, but I need to work on some knitting. Soup for dinner really hit the spot.

• LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    tla7mqttoujh.jpeg
    *** December 17 ***

Good grief am I sick. 😰 I don't know what I have, but it is odd. All stuffed up, sneezing, but no sore throat. Major cough, but no aches or fever or chills. I'm vaxxed and boosted and masked, but ya never know...I was indeed traveling a week ago, so I'm going for a Covid test today.

Sara - thank you for what you said. Hugs 🤗

Waves to Missy and Tracy and Sherry and Britt and everyone else who stops by today~~

Lana

264.4 today