Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    10352 total steps, snoring soon after dinner, dinner is frozen pizza with broccoli on top.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Nice cool temps so windows are open. Coworker who is taking chemo for bone cancer has been at work most of the week, but didnt see her until yesterday, so the shawl I am knitting for her is back on -luckily temps are helping.

I am hoping to be inspired as I shop this weekend for groceries for meals this week.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today is a busy day, but popping in to say "hi"!

Farmer's Market opens today. I have a brand new basket that I wove for this year's purchases.
    An outdoor wedding to attend this evening.
    Laundry and other essential tasks to accomplish in between.

However, today I reached (drumroll, please) SEVENTY POUNDS gone forever!

No way on earth I could have done it without all of you in my corner. Thank you for your support!

SW 222
    CW 152
    GW 145 by July 1
    UGW 100
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Tracy!
    ahois1y76zij.jpg
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Ladies,
    I have been very much behind in all the posts, and I just got caught up, as best I could.

Tracey in Edmonton The door looks fabulous. Enjoy it! You had a job interview lately, but I missed how it worked out.

Kathryn - Have fun on the Jeep trip! Stay safe!

Tracy - have fun at the wedding this weekend, and again congrats on that 70 Pound huge milestone!

Lynn and Dawn - thank you for the dog-walking idea!

Meghan - take that motivation and run with it!

Saltine - So good to see you! So very sorry to hear about your friend passing away and your not knowing. I can’t find good words right now, but know I am sending healing vibes to you.

You are fighting depression right now. Be very kind to yourself. Try to start your day with three things that you are grateful for. Please don’t berate yourself for what you are not doing, and give yourself love for any little positive thing that you can manage to do.
    PS - good luck with the house hunting!

Waving to Sara and Suzu and Missy and Laura and Kate and Eryn and Birdie and Runa and anyone who pops by later on~~

Lana

246.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7409 total steps

Cool enough to work on shawl for coworker, then back to smaller projects.

Where are those foam bats from the 1970's? Like to take it to someone who is full of degrading comments and suggestions but not much on the support side.

House work - doing dishes took priority over dinner choice, so I had a piece of leftover pizza and a banana for dinner.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Woke up cold took a couple of attempts to get warm and then my body woke me up w/o an alarm clock. Dog was happy.....

No 100's in forecast which is appreciated. Groceries this morning.

I may just try the yarn trick as the scale is not friendly but my body shape is not as it was.....

Found the name of the furniture item that will work for me and my space "sleeper chair" now to find one to try out......

Wave to all who follow. Bbl.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon and Happy Fater's day all - suzu
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7390 total steps

Bought a sofa bed that will be a full size mattress, so Miss T and I can fit on it - twin size sofa beds chairs are too narrow - will be delivered maybe Thursday - so I had to move the furniture, my yarn and framed pictures will be an easy move and I will make sure to vacuum well. So now if my neighbor is being loud or I want to binge watch on computer - problem solved. Also a smaller room to heat and cool.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday/ Father's day.

• suzu_2
    Options
    Morning all! Stressing a little and woke at 3:30... can't sleep, so thought I would write.
    Right now it feels like I am having issues keeping all of the balls in the air. Work, home, new business, wife, mother, friend, self... fitness and health and weight and image... something goes up and something else slides. I want to make sure that I'm concentrating on the right things for the long haul.
    4:30 now and looks like I am up for the day.
    Happy Monday!

Where's Birdie???
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, all my weight loss gone but not new weight - those 2 muffins probably did not help!!

Suzu - glad you could stop by in the middle of the night. I often wonder if when things go haywire if maybe its a good time to stop and give back to ourselves for a change. So time to nurture yourself??

Shawl done for friend who is going through Chemo again. I am taking it to work for her.

I think a lot of people who post occasionally also lurk, so I figure they will drop in eventually.

It is Monday so lets make the best of it.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Suzu and Sara,

I have not been sleeping enough hours because DH has been very sick with sinus problems, earache, and cough for a whole week now. So I'm with you on the "middle of the night" business.

This visit with him has been a non-event, a huge disappointment for me. He is in his own little world, as usual, and it feels as if he is still in Las Vegas, even though he is in the house. I'm just as lonely as if he were not here. I had such high hopes for this time together with him, and it's not going as I had dreamed.

He brought on the ear problems with the stupid jumping and diving he was doing in the pool--he has ear problems and gets sick every time he is here. I think it's his way of escaping and avoiding me and the responsibilities here.
    I am an attached idiot.

Thank you for letting me put that writing on the Cabana Club wall.....

Now to clean off the table so that there's no excuse why not to start his work on our 2017 income tax returns. No that's not a typo.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto lounge chair for later*

Lana

246.0 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 new goal (to get good BMI)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Getting back to my eating routine again today. Slid a bit the last week or so. The self sabatoge I talked about. This AM back to my oatmeal with syrup and nuts. Love it actually. I make a weeks worth and eat each day :smile: Got lots of veggies last night, so i will try and keep them fresh stocked.
    Sending hugs and thoughts to those having a rough patch right now:
    Lana, not sure what to say on your post...sending you hugs. Lonely is a bad feeling.
    Sara - you mentioned your weight...I don't know if you are "beating yourself up" but don't - you have been through alot of stress these weeks. Take care of yourself!
    Suzu - same advice for you - too many balls in air - YOU should be one of the first!
    I saw Lana's advice about finding three things each morning you are grateful for. There are studies for everything, I know. But I did see one that grateful feelings re-wire your brain as do complaining feelings. We have to decide for ourselves how we wish to be wired.
    have a great Monday! Take care!
    Lynn
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Saltine - do you know how to addfriends on fitbit? I am always up for step challenges. Normally I am over 10000. somewhere inthe 10-14000 range, if I get my walk in. I am under Lynn Brenner - I think- that is what I see when I click on my account. Anyone interested? We can maybe challenge each other?

I am not sure how to add...I tried entering your name but nothing came up...Feel free to add me, my name is Saltine24 on Fitbit.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. No workout for me this weekend but did get up early this morning and my cousin & I did a workout video & about 15 min on the treadmill, plus I just completed my lunch walk. It looks like rain so possibly no walk tonight, but we will see.

Have a great Monday!

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lana - your honesty does you credit and keeps you grounded, even if it is hard to know.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    little baby babka at farmer's market, will have to walk more steps for my next one.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    7944 total steps

rumor of a HOT day tomorrow is no longer a rumor..... just is.

Dog walk was longer than usual for her but it is hot so she found out she couldnt go as far as she wanted to, unless I carried her - not starting that habit.

• suzu_2
    Options
    On the road today - Up at 4 and on the road by 5:30. Co-worker and I have 2 stops to start cardiology projects at 2 of our hospitals. Expect to be back by 6:30 tonight, and hitting the road for another site tomorrow morning. Going to be a Looooooong week.!! Food choices may just be what we can find.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Suzu!! Up early today. Your work is well needed and the patients will be the better off. See if you can get extra steps in and do your best or if you find a food item that is too tempting - ENJOY!!

Quiet at work, immediate Sup had her hip surgery yesterday and she was a real chatterbox. Coworker behind me - bull in china shop - had questions or had to keep her up to date on his progress. He also does not have an inside voice as they now call it. So a loud bull in a china shop.

Lady loved her shawl and a neighbor confirmed that infusion therapy is often in a cold room, so she got her shawl a the right time.

Yearly evals available, must be done. Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.