Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Good solution on the door! I like the look of a barn slider and they are such a great idea when you have the length but can't give up the depth of a traditional. One warning - one of my girlfriends skinned the top of her finger badly when she caught hers between the wall and the door. I had just finished warning my husband about that when I banged my finger on the one on our hotel room bath. The weight of the door makes it hard to stop the closing momentum until you get used to controlling it. Good Luck on the job interview!!!

Lana - How goes it with DH on site?
    Sara - It's Monday again. Hope all goes well.
    Morning Lynn and Tracy from Tenn, Dawn, Missy...
    Best wishes for a great week
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Got caught up from weekend.
    Suzu - love the cabinet. Can't wait to see it done!
    Tracey - also love barn doors and very good solution to your door. glad you got it so far! Good luck on the interview!
    Sara- sigh....your workplace sucks! That is it plain and simple. Take care of yourself through this all. Something will suddenly work and all this will be behind you!
    Dawn - my dad is going to a local dialysis place 3x per week. It is about 5 minutes from the hospital now and his home as well. I think that is the route they will go being so close, but maybe they will change their mind. Although would be easier at home, the concern over keeping things sterile and clean made them a little worried.
    Lana - what about dog walking? My dog is very motivating - too much so sometimes. You could ask around people you know and maybe even make some side cash?
    I chose this weekend to eat...not sure why - I swear sabotoging my success is a real thing. But today is another day. We will see what scale says and get back at my eating for fuel concept :smile:
    Hello and Happy Monday to all who stop by. Lurking.
    Lynn
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Feel absolutely drained today. Back was starting to feel better, then helped DH work on my Jeep. Using pry bar and wrenches just inflamed the muscles again. Was difficult to find comfortable position to sleep so I am very tired. Unfortunately, when I am really tired, my body craves carbs to try and get awake and, more often than not, I end up overeating. :(

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Sara - I hope you have a better week at work this week. You really need a break, I wonder if they know by all of the added pressure they are putting on you it is making it worse for you to be a productive staff member. Sometimes management just doesn't get it.

Suzu - Thanks for the tip on the door. I am a bit concerned with the Grandchildren and the door. If this one works as well as we are hoping we are going to buy another one and put it on our bedroom door. We want to free up some space in there as well. That will be next year maybe, after I get a job. After the wedding we need to replace the steps coming into the house. That is a priority before winter again.

Lynn - I swear I self sabotage as well. I don't know why, but it sure is annoying.

Kathryn - I crave carbs when I'm tired too. Hope you get some rest tonight and your back starts to feel better.

I am just drinking my tea and then I need to get at some painting and cleaning again. I have a bunch that needs to be done today to be ready for Rodger to hang the door when he gets home from work. I want to have it all ready for him to do so he has time to rest this evening too.

I have a busy week ahead of me with something planned almost daily. Tomorrow is crafting day with the Bride, Wednesday is the interview and the Grands come for supper. Thursday is crafting on my own and swim lessons, it's also our 32nd anniversary so I should acknowledge that somehow, and Friday is another crafting day with the bride and others. I am booked next week for two crafting days, two babysitting days and I am going with Kaitlyn for her final dress fitting. The week after is when my MIL arrives so that week will be spent getting the room ready and crafting for the shower.

Off to "git 'er done".
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Hey Y'all~~

I missed today! Very busy here today.

Tomorrow is WW, and the scale will be up up up, but I am not going to wimp out and not go because of that.

Tomorrow I will catch up with today's posts, as it is late here already.....

Hugs to all~~

Lana

245.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lynn- that's not too bad of a drive. Unfortunately, it was about a 45 minute drive, one way for my Dad. So, doing it at home was much easier. Plus, they did it at night. That way, mom didn't have to miss any work or time with me. As far as keeping things sterile, I don't really remember. They had everything in one room. But, I don't remember having to close it off or anything. They had like a stand or cart, that kept everything in before using. I say, do whatever is comfortable. I know, it's a lot to have in your house. Especially if you don't really have the space.

Lana- dog walking! YES! Go to animal shelter... they would LOVE to have dog walkers... I used to do that every week when I was on WW. It was so rewarding!

Sara- how was the day? I agree with Lynn, your job just sux... sending good vibes your way..

Kathryn- hope you feel better, soon... and are able to rest..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    7788 total steps

I was watching and knitting at the same time a podcast on Youtube about a knitter - 90 minutes so not sure I will binge watch these as that is a long time.... but I will watch more.

Today was "easy" I got to work the easier denials and got good production. Need to work on resume and there are some job posting deadlines coming up this week, so we shall see.

Brain is a little too "kitteny" to do such complex things- it got over 100 and so I will go read instead. Maybe tomorrow??

Good luck Lana at WW tomorrow. Let us know how the classes are going.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    We got the door installed today, I love how it turned out so much so that I’ve already decided that we’re going to do the same to our bedroom door when I get back to work.
    mxm6t0rpsw6j.jpeg
    ftbqyono3af1.jpeg
  • suzu_2
    Options
    I just had a chocolate doughnut for breakfast. Arggggh! (it was really good though)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

HOT here between 104 and 106 - not typical June weather, but this whole year has not been typical weather wise, so just moving on. Coworker offered to drive me home last night 101 but I may have to take her up on it today.

Suzu - so long as you savored your chocolate doughnut that is what counts.

Did not sleep too well, so hoping for more before work.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Sarah - Where are you located, here in Alberta we are having below normal temps. Very rainy and cool this year. I am hoping it clears up for July.

• marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and other peeps. I fell off the wagon rather spectacularly, ate a ton of crap and feel terrible but it also motivated me to ramp up how I’m going about this weight loss journey. Went to the gym today and did weights.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    2kvroml9vs9j.png
    Not my Tuesday!!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Saltine - your post is not dumping so dont think that.

My suggestion start small with your walking, you were doing so much at one point.

At work low flying vultures. bbl
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Saltine! So sorry you are struggling right now. This is a great dump place. Virtual hugs!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8169 total steps

Audit review Thursday - reviewed notes she made, she told me to make sure I am using all of my resources, so one of my questions to her is she one of my resources??

Temps topped out at 105 had coworker drive me home. One more day of over 100 until next week.

Wilting in the heat, wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog out middle of night, we both drink so much water when it gets this hot.

Cafe for lunch today and tomorrow, both good salads and with the heat dinners are small.

Wave to all who follow, hope to lurk from work. Need to work on the stuff I put aside. 3 more days of immed Sup.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Saltine! first of all love your profile pic :smile: and I agree with Sara one step at a time. I suggest for your friend(as I have been there) Find a way to remember her in your own way. Visit grave/memorial to say your good bye. Forgive yourself for not going. Your health is important. One step at a time to achieve better health. Celebrate the small victories - always! Glad to hear from you again.
    Tracey - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the door. I think it works perfectly in your space and looks great with your floor!
    Marsel - glad you stopped in again as well. Keep on keeping on! I had a stupid ice cream drumstick last night, which was worth the calories in taste and I enjoyed it. But my stomach did not. So next time I will try and remind myself to make a better choice and try and remember the feeling like crap part :smile:
    Went wedding dress shopping for my 2nd daughter who is getting married now 3/14/20! So I will apologize ahead you have heard me drone on about my 1 daughter getting married on 8/3 - it won't end there - You may have to put up with it until march!
    Suzu - chocolate donut does sound very yummy. one is ok...it is when we do not stop at one that gets us in trouble!
    Waves to Lana, Dawn, Kathryn, Tracy and all others who stop by. Lurking from work.
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    85itxydc3m1k.png

okay it is obnoxious but it is so hot here I could not help myself.