Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Tilliesmommy1 - Your supervisor is not a very helpful person at all from what I've seen. Hopefully you find a State job soon and it's better than anything else you've been doing.

Lynn - I can't believe how fast the days are ticking off now. I was texting with Kaitlyn last night, she was a little anxious about all that's left to do. I told her to buckle up and hold on, because it's going to be a fast ride now. 1 month today!

Twiley - That is so true, this is such a positive group.

Today I am working on some more tags for the wedding, I made 104 yesterday that were very easy, I just had to keep loading paper into the machine. Today I need to design some wording and figure out how to get it to print and cut properly. It will be a challenge, but I'll get it. I then have my swimming lesson tonight which is good because it's raining again, so no chance for a walk. I am so thankful for the rain though, it will help with the wildfires.

I am struggling getting my weight back down from the weekend. Too much alcohol and chips. I hope it drops soon.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It was such a great night. Been stressed again at work. So, it was much needed! I didn't think about laughing being "cardio" My heart should be good for awhile :D

Sara- Great news on tests... hope you have great news on a job, soon..

Lana- hope you were able to get in a good walk

Lynn- you are right... this month will fly... but, the day will be perfect and, it will all be worth it...

Tracey- sounds like a fun day crafting...

Kathryn- I saw that pic with yarn on FB... maybe, I should try that...as the scale is definitely not my friend..

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I still have my fundraiser going to benefit ALSF for Childhood Cancer. I have a Scentsy fundraiser and a link to my ALSF fundraiser, if you don't want to order... no pressure... just wanted to share... Thank you

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10714120

https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1732881
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    disappointing news my immed Sup is not on medical leave until next Friday, one more week..... my last audit was pretty bad and we need a game plan. I couldnt figure out why we were having the discussion my Sup thought my Auditor told me of my latest score - too much miscommunication going on...... Sup is asking coworker if she will take on some of the Immed Sup jobs including helping me. Dont know answer yet.

Good day to blow all my points for the week, or take a walk!! Wont let work win.

bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9551 total steps

I am allowing myself to dream about my next job.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY - TGIF

I will have to email all people involved at work that these gaps in communication and resources needs to stop. Also include the Manager and Director. I document at home and leave there. So far it is nothing official on paper etc. but I need to state my demands as well.

Did not run to food last night which was a nice change. Had such a large lunch that I actually did not have dinner.

qbg7xn0fhiaz.png

Wave to all who follow. Have Immed Sup at desk in morning, but will lurk later.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! It's Friday! Even though there's a busy weekend ahead, Friday is a good thing.

Please let me know if you get tired of me posting my results.

I have a wedding to go to next weekend. (We seem to have a lot of weddings in this group. :) ) My goal was to be at 155 by next Friday. Well, I got there today--a week ahead of schedule. Now, I am adjusting next week's goal to 150. It may be attainable since I have another Kickstart challenge starting Monday. Usually, a 3-day Kickstart will net a 3 lb fat loss for me. Add a couple more and voila! five lbs.

We can all do this! Find a lifestyle and a way of eating that works for you. I found mine.

Have a great Friday, everyone, and enjoy your weekend!

SW 222
    CW 155.6
    GW 150 by June 14th
    UGW 100 (adjusted down 5 lbs from previous. I found out I am an inch shorter than I claim to be.)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey, I post my steps you post your results. It helps keep us accountable. Great Job!!

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY - TGIF

I will have to email all people involved at work that these gaps in communication and resources needs to stop. Also include the Manager and Director. I document at home and leave there. So far it is nothing official on paper etc. but I need to state my demands as well.

Did not run to food last night which was a nice change. Had such a large lunch that I actually did not have dinner.

qbg7xn0fhiaz.png

Wave to all who follow. Have Immed Sup at desk in morning, but will lurk later.

Sara - It sounds like a good idea to write email to everyone summing up what is going on and what can make things better. Find the perfect words and get it out there. 🤗

Tracy in TN - Please continue to post away! The whole purpose of this place is to do and say whatever necessary to help our own journeys go better and to help each other. 💪🏻🙏🏻

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tracey in Edmonton and Lynn and Meghan and Suzu and Laura and anyone I missed and all who stop by later on.

TGIF Happy Hour is this afternoon!

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Was out yesterday - dermatologist for me got a biopsy done on a funky looking mole. She didn't seem too concerned. We will see in 10 days (medical field at its best) then meeting for my Dad. He is on dialysis now permanently, they have given up on his kidneys recovering. So a new thing to adjust to, but doable. PT and OT are happy with his progress so that is a plus. Then I spent some time soaking in the sun. Great day in WI yesteday, also today and expected tomorrow. Finally summer!
    Sara - 95% is awesome! Congrats. I think your dreaming about your next job will come true. And yes...document document document - you should counter their arguments.
    Kathryn - I too like the yarn idea. I think I will look for different colors, maybe at a thrift store or something!
    Dawn - Adam Sandler?!?! I am jealous. I am glad it was as good as you expected.
    Tracy in TN - congrats again on the weigh coming off and I am sorry about the inch. :wink:
    Waves to all! I will see you at Happy hour Lana! Lurking until then.
    Lynn
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Sarah - it sounds like you are in a precarious position at work. I know how that feels, I hope things turn around soon.

Tracy - I gained an inch when I had my first bone scan in the fall. I don’t know how I would have handled losing an inch. What is the Kickstarter program you spoke of?

Lynn - sorry to read about your Dad that will be a big lifestyle adjustment I imagine.

Hubby is home from work today due to rain and it’s messing up my routine. I’m trying to convince him to use this free time to do my bathroom door, but he doesn’t seem to budging. I need to get the door and drywall out of my hallway and hung before company arrives. I hate not being able to do this myself, I despise waiting on people and usually figure out how to do it myself. This is something I physically can’t do myself though so I’m stuck. Hopefully he comes through for me so I can stop nagging.

Last night I had my swim lesson and I was taught how to dive. I did it twice and then he told me to step off the diving box, I did that too and didn’t panic when I touched the bottom of the pool. I was quite proud of myself.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lurking and on phone hold

rt12fvohbvl6.png
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    On the advice of my doctor, I eat low carb/high fat (keto). The group I follow on Facebook called Push for Your Better is run by a certified Ketogenic meal planner, Amy Smith-Hightower. She developed a Kickstart program to put you deeper into ketosis or reset your body to begin losing again after a stall. Stall is defined as 3 weeks or more with no scale or inch loss. She also says you can do it once a month, just to give your body a break.

I have done the Kickstart 3 times in the past 3 months and lost 3-5 lbs of fat each time. It does stay off for me.

It is rather restrictive and very minimal calories (less than 1000 per day). However, I do not feel hungry or deprived in any way during this program.

Sorry if that was more information than you were expecting. I am quite passionate regarding this new way of eating. It has literally saved my life.

The three-day program is below. Hopefully, MFP won't eat the image.

xw4bzkbdkat1.png
  • thisiscaraj
    thisiscaraj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me I’ve lost gained so many times now c
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Thank you Tracey I passed on the keto info to coworker.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tracy in TN - yikes that is a kickstart! Good for you to be able to follow that - even for three days, that is not much food. I am very glad though it works for you!
    Tracey - I hear you about waiting on others to get something done. Nothing more frustrating! although I cannot hang drywall and doors, my need to get things done has "forced" me to learn some tools that I never would've otherwise :smile:
    Welcome thisiscaraj Cara? I am guessing that might be your name based on your signon! Pretty good group here!
    I have found a new "love" Bubly sparkling water. I do have a sodastream and make my own, but this canned yumminess is better than mine! or maybe just more convenient. I do find sparkling water fills my belly up. I am sure with some air, but it works!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn where is your father staying? Is he still in the hospital?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Tracy - Thanks for the info.

Lynn - I have learned a lot too, maybe soon I'll learn how to drywall. LOL

Tracey