Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lynn- Adam Sandler was the best! Was such an awesome night! Rob Schneider opened for him... he was really good, too!

Will your Dad be able to do Dialysis at home? My Dad was on Dialysis for a couple years, before a transplant. Had to go to hospital, maybe 3 times a week (I was only 6-8yrs old) when his body rejected that kidney, about 5-6 yrs later, he and my mom did classes and she was certified to do it in home. Had the machine and everything. Kinda crazy. But, was much better than having to go to hospital all the time.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    8689 total steps and not eating stress from work.

I sent an email to the chain of command my Sup asked me what I need to improve and I sent an email asking that in the future I am kept in the loop of information. I did it quite professionally, wowie did I get an essay on "you said this" and "you already got that" and I could only think - "thou dost protest too much". I will be asking my contacts in other departments about possible openings and spend the weekend looking at a half dozen job positions with the state. Lady who takes over Monday after next for immediate sup has agreed to help "train" me so with any luck this will help me for now keep my job.

English Muffin for dinner, not really hungry- nice shower then curl up with Miss T and watch more dvd.

There is a yarn that changes colors when you go into the sun $23.00 a skein nice idea but right now not in my budget. Google abracadabra yarn.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning, cool air this morning, will be able to open windows so the website says until Tuesday - but that can change as we go.

Making list of people I feel I can ask about job opportunities or who knows anyone who works for the state? Messaged one this morning, I hope it didnt wake her if she keeps her phone on...... :s

Making another batch of baked oatmeal to share with a couple of people who have been good to me this week. Blueberries on list as is apricots.

Chicken snap peas, carrots, onion (fruit/veg box items) for dinners with any luck.

My piece of good news, Miss T is doing so much better with her allergies and is acting her normal self.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning all - Raining in Memphis for last 3 days - I think we may get a break mid-morning and will try to hit the Greenline with nephew and his girlfriend. Poor Mr. Mick in the ER last night with kidney stone. He just suffers with those pesky things.

Tracy - Awesome news on reaching another goal - You are inspiring!!

I have been working on another project in the shop and this one is going to be a doozie. Posting the "before" pics... and we will keep our fingers crossed on the "after". Ha! I may need prayers (and cash!) to get this one done. This is an old Hoosier cabinet that I picked up for under a $90. (There is a reason for that price), but it had the enamel worktable and THAT at least was in good shape, so I thought "what the heck". ...yikes! I may live to regret that decision. I have it "deconstructed" ... kind of... more like it is deconstructing itself before my very eyes...

What was I THINKING??? Lol!

gbxgo7l99q85.jpg
    2cvab3fkau3n.jpg
    1gisv8d5wck2.jpg

• suzu_2
    Options
    Dawn - Meant to ask this - Which of the Scentsy "scents" is the brightest citrus? I can't stand a sweet, candy smelling citrus, but I love a really bright lemon or orange scent. Will look at picking up something on the fundraiser if you have a recommendation. Suzu
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

Sara - So, on Monday the 17th, your new immediate supervisor will be working with you in some fashion to make adjustments and do what it takes to get things running better? I'm sending you good vibes that this makes things better for you at current job.
    Keep doing what your doing to pursue a new position elsewhere. Hugs~

Tracey - what needs to be done with the door? Is it hanging and it needs to come off the hinges? Is it off the hinges and needs to go back on? Is it a two-hinge or three-hinge door? I'm just nosy 😁

Suzu - That is a cabinet with a face only a mother could love. What are your plans for the funky lefthand door face? I'm curious because I have one panel (below a window) on the outside of my Money Pit that looks just like that.

Suzu, I think that we are going to have some gloomy weather for a number of days! Dang~

Waves to all you other ladies.

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Suzu I have sunkissed citrus scentsy which smells like orange jello to the nose in the container but more like orange juice when burned, but they also have more lemony ones -

Your furniture looks solid enough to handle a do over so keep going.
  • arniedog74
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Suzu- I agree with Sara on "Sunkissed Citrus." Also, "Squeeze the Day" "Lemon Sorbet" and "Lemon Verbena" my step Dad doesn't like really sweet, but likes Lemon Verbena. Thank you for your support. I love the Hoosier. I always wanted one. I'm sure you will make it look amazing!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/10714120
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- good vibes to you with your job/ hunting. Hope something positive happens, soon.

Lana- have you made it to walking groups, lately? I have been trying to stick with my plan... this week was a little hit and miss... extra day off... but, I still feel ok about it...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - I have not been walking as much as I should because DH landed here on Wednesday for a month, and the weather has been bad yesterday and today. I have been in the pool for some exercise though, so all is not lost. Maybe I'll get out there tomorrow...

I don't yet care for the path the Ladies use on Mondays and Fridays because it it too hilly and unshaded for me - I tried it once on my own, I couldn't get all the way out before I had to turn to go back, and I was cooked by the time I finished. Wednesdays they walk a different trail that I can do because it is shorter and more flat. The sad part is that usually no one shows up to these things!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6740 total steps.

Lana - any exercise is good so walk that pool swim those laps. Can you ask the Mon/Fri ladies if they can join you on Wednesday?

• arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- that's disappointing that no one shows up. A girl at work said she'd start walking on Friday's, with me. But, she hasn't mentioned again and i'm not asking. Just don't like asking people. If they want to walk with me, they'll remember. Sara had a good thought about asking ladies about joining Wed. Maybe, one or 2 will.... hope DH being there isn't too stressful or upsetting...

I'm eating my disappointment, tonight. I have been wanting to get a memorial tattoo for my Gpa. Finally made an appointment with a friend of ours. He's new and slow, but he is good. The client before me took longer than expected. So, mine didn't get done. They were closing. Hoping to reschedule, soon. Its hard for me. I get so nervous, I just want to get it done. And, not getting it done... such a huge let down. Unfortunately, the shop is right next to a frozen custard shop. DH insisted on having one. I only had a few (several) bites of his... but, we just got home and made a fire to make s'mores... like, the concrete just left my brain, it never happened... until halfway through my 1st (of 2) s'mores.. somehow, managed to stay under calories... but, definitely more than I like to eat... what is wrong with me? Ugh.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    May results

⬇️4.3 lbs
    ⬇️4”
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Between not being able to sleep and having "work dreams", I look forward to a little more sleep before dog walk. One thing that did come out of it was to ask HR on Monday about their employee counseling sessions they offer. Never used them before but with stress coming at so many angles, I think its time.

Baked oatmeal recipe this morning - chicken snap pea /onion/carrot with rice something for lunch/dinner?? High 90's today over 100 tomorrow. Power outages in rural forest area planned by electric company - so would not be surprised if we had trouble as well.

Drea- welcome good job on May! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

So hope to stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Welcome Drea - Great job!
    Waves to all - Suzu
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi All~~

Still waking up.
    Everyone enjoy their Sunday. It's dreary and raining here, but the birds are chirping, so I should take their lead and make the best of it.

The walking ladies I refer to are a Meetup Group, so the group has a leader and we all are members of the group; everyone knows when the walks are. The walk location/trail is carved in stone.
    Some ladies check off the Yes box and indicate that they are coming, but often don't show up.
    It's summer time, so people have vacations going on and grandchildren visiting, etc.

*tossing hat and towel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

244.0 today
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Lana - I’m nosy too, so I get it. We live in a 1970’s mobile home. When we put a washer and dryer in the door hits the dryer and it’s just uncomfortable going in and out. So last year we decided to do a track barn style door. The door has sat in my hallway since last September. In order to install this though we needed to remove the 70’s trailer paneling and put drywall up.
    Hubby came through for me yesterday and we have it all ready now to install the door as soon as I finish painting. We just are praying it all fits properly.

6nfilvcl6ld7.jpeg
    aiukmzqmcnjp.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Suzu - that will be beautiful when you get it refinished I bet.

Sarah - I hope you find some relief soon with your employment, work affects us so much emotionally and physically.

Raining again today, I hope we get summer soon. Our furnace has not been off for more than a couple of days since last September. So miserable.

I had a surprise call on Friday for a job interview on Wednesday. I had applied for an office coordinator position and this is for an office assistant. It is local and within walking distance so I’m going to at least go meet them.

I have the two coats of paint on the wall and have touched up the bathroom side walls. Now just need to touch up my kitchen side and so the trim.

I will get it all done today so that it’s good and dry tomorrow for Rodger to hand the door. It will be nice to have a bathroom door again though. 😂

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    5092 total steps

very hot and was lucky to get any steps in.

Tracey!! Will send good thoughts for interview- let us know how it goes with the job interview. Also keep up posted on the new door, those barn doors are great for narrow hallways and I am hoping it makes the bathroom bigger to not have an internal swinging door especially as you are limited in space already.

Keeping my chocolate until tomorrow after weigh in.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down again 0.2 but first time in a long time 2 losses in a row.

To do list for work is in lunch bag. 2 days of over 100 for today/tomorrow.

Hope to not be shadowed today but what I am told to do by my Sup is changed by my immed Sup (cant tell if they are not on the same page or not), so lurking from work at some point.

Wave to all who follow.