<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    My lunch walk. Gorgeous day ... a hint of summer.

6ntjrtwdybdy.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Today is the deadline for paying the balance on our March cruise. I will try to get through on the phone at 9 am. The Omicron variant has thrown everything up in the air and who knows what will be happening by March. I did sleep last night, but the previous night I was awake a lot.
    I am almost 100% sure the money is safe, but if the company went bust, it would take a while to get it back.

Beth - I'm glad something is getting resolved. Once they are settled it will be less worry for you, But what a lot of work! (((HUGS)))

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,488 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 19 mins wii, BP, livestream church, endowment committee mtg FaceTime.
    Bonus: emailed hymns, Crissey field with Joe and the dogs, veg prep.
    Just one thing:
    Do good December
    12: Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today. Fed Joe with thanks ;)
    13: See how many people you can smile at today. Joe, T and C=3.

Joe took the dogs and me to Crissey field this morning. Way better than down to the powerline and mostly during a break in the rain. Win win win!

Just skimmin’ as it’s late and I’m sleepy, but Oh Margaret, thankful that little girl spoke up and her father LISTENED.
    And ((hugs)) to Beth. As enormous as the task is facing you all, what a relief your mom will be safe and your dad get the care he needs.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
    afal7nbbtv6n.gif

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Beth - So glad y'all found the right place for your parents, hope the transition is smooth and relatively easy.

Barbara AHMOD - Good for Joe! Glad it was a lovely walk.

Pip - Baby Yogi! What a sweetheart.

Machka - Love seeing the green trees on your walk - we're at the end of fall, not quite winter stage where all the trees are already bare. I always miss them, but spring's just around the corner. Thank you for letting us see your life in pictures.

Katiebug
    - Who pulls wallpaper off bathroom walls when Christmas is less than two weeks off? Your week sounds busy-busy.

Katla - So glad you are able now to find the group of us again. You were missed when you were traveling. The ship's parade sounds absolutely wonderful, glad you're home safe and sound.

Allie - So glad you had a good time with your friends! I tend to dread any event like that, but once I'm there I end up enjoying myself.

More in a minute.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Machka - LOVE the new glasses! Gosh your office is bright! Not sure I could cope with that. At home I'm always turning the lights down and DH likes it brighter. :#

I got through to Saga quite easily. I rang on the dot of 9 when it opened. Long discussion. We have agreed to postpone the payment of the balance until the 3rd January. That gives everyone, including the cruise companies, time to assess the situation. Then we will decide what to do, or they will have decided they can't go ahead on the same conditions. One condition is being able to go ashore as individuals, not only on guided tours.
    I feel we have gained a breather and will keep an eye on the news.
    Phew! I hate having those conversations, but I'm quite good at them. I had a list, agreed with DH before hand, on what questions to ask and in what our order of priority our actions would be. :)

Cleaner today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - LOVE the new glasses! Gosh your office is bright! Not sure I could cope with that. At home I'm always turning the lights down and DH likes it brighter. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It actually doesn't seem that bright in there ... the area in front of me is darker.

I don't mind it being bright during the day, but I like the lights dimmed at night.

It's good that Saga is delaying the final payment. The world is still in uncertainty.

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Making Corey's lunch and getting him out the door to work as smoothly as possible brings up echoes of my mother's morning routine, which I just realized. TMI in the spoiler.
    My mother would deliver four or five cups of coffee to my father when he bellowed from the bathroom. It was actually how she got him to kick her out. It's TMI, I know, but she told me once that she would wait until he was in the middle of pooping and when he shouted for more coffee, she'd tell him to get up and get it himself. Combined with other annoyances, it was risky but effective, all-in-all. He made her get out of the truck on the way to work, five miles from anything. That was mid-August of 1977, and she had her first heart attack the next day but pulled through it. We had her for another 22 years, and she's been gone for 22 years now. Losing her was what told me I could survive--I will always be grateful for having her in my life.

Don't actually know why those memories are surfacing this morning. Possibly because Christmas is looming. For most of those years when I was moving from place to place, first as a sergeant in the US Air Force, and then as the dependent wife of a sergeant, I tried my best to never be home at Christmas.

Why? Because the word "toxic" doesn't even begin to describe the few Christmases I was semi-forced to attend. My mother had a six-inch tall trophy of half a horse, specifically the north end of a south-bound horse, which was awarded to the family member that was a complete horse's a$s that particular year. There was always one. Indeed with her seven grown children, 17 grandchildren, and innumerable, ever-changing crowds of in-laws, there were plenty of candidates. :smiley:

Now that I've left you with that lovely thought, I'll go do something that could be construed as productive if you tilt your head to the right and squint.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Oh Lisa that doesnt sound like such a happy childhood..
    I have been looking at my sleep schedule on my new watch..even with my Cpap I still sleep lousy.. an hour and 15 mins rem sleep awake for an hour and a half and light sleep for four and a half hrs 19 minutes of deep sleep.. sheesh..
    No wonder im tired and thats with supposedly 8 hrs sleep.
    Well I have no Drs appointments until aftet Christmas.. yeahhh..so will enjoy that..
    Going with the girls i used to work with to a local old opera house for a show and dinner Saterday.. its a young lady reprising Karen Carpenter so should be nice ..and then Trudy having appetizers at her house Sunday ..have to be home before 7:30 that night they are showing Charlie Browns Christmas on PBS and thats one of my favorites.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Tomorrow ... I've got 5 meetings. They start at 10:30 am with a double-booked one (I'll go to one at 10:30 - it's short, and then when it's done, I'll join the other in progress) and they end at 10 pm. There is actually a 6th in there I could attend if I've got the energy.

While a day of meetings doesn't really excite me, one thing it does do is to allow me to check off a whole bunch of things from my To Do list!

Meanwhile today I finally caught up on laundry ... first time in almost a month!

M in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :):):)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Rita I have story for your students how important it is to pay attention to your enviroment and to speak up if you see something is wrong. On Wednesday this week the church I go to caught fire. It was a six year old girl coming out of the school next door who noticed flames coming from the roof. Due to her observation and her father's quick action the fire did far less damage because it was caught quickly and no one was hurt in the fire. It had started in the roof by the library. We were able to have church today because it did not get to the sanctuary. They interviewed our pastor, and he was more concerned the effect this will have on the preschool that runs out of our building. Again because it was caught so quickly the impact will be far less. Even a child can save a life.

I will definitely tell the children this story today. Thank you for providing it!

RvRita 👽🌵🛸☃️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,543 Member
    Options
    1nosuwi3j5t9.jpeg