WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Flea- yes and no...he sleeps under the covers next to me and thats fine but I dont have much room in the bed lol
    My bed is much softer than hotel beds I have stayed in..
    But its very comforting to have my little guy snuggled up next to me.. will see if I can figure out some other way to work out the pillows so maybe i sleep in the middle of the bed and not on the edge
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Heather--Glad you had a nice visit. Very nice picture of DB and SIL. Love the pictures of Johnny and the grandchildren. They are lucky to have you as grand parents.

Evelyn--I agree it is different having the grandchildren when the parents are not there. I find they mind so much better because they know we mean business. I admit most the time I prefer that.

DH's appointment went well for the most part. They are saying with all this Covid being new they are trying different things for different people to see what works. Told us this could last for a year or longer. They did more blood tests and having him do cardiac rehab to see if that will build him back up. They do that at the hospital where I work and there is a gym for employees and spouse, so this morning I signed us up for that as can use that anytime. Maybe this will be good for both of us. Meanwhile Saturday evening we got a call that a friend had passed from Covid. She had not been sick only a couple days, her husband is in the hospital not doing well with Covid. I am so tried of this and all the bad news lately.

Katla--The Christmas ships sounds like a great event to watch. Glad you got to enjoy them this year.

Beth--Glad you found a place for your parents and that they can be together and get the care they need. Now comes the hard part of dealing with years of memories and what they cared about. Not an easy job.

KJ--I agree the lake does not look happy. Thanks for sharing

Meg--Great to see you post. How are things in Omaha? I know that little snow we got Friday night with the wind made driving really hard, could not see the road in front of us. We went to our Church Christmas party. Next day it was pretty much gone and not this week to be in 50-60's. Crazy weather all over.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND,NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Peach – I’ve missed everyone like crazy. Travel and spending time with our son, DDIL, grandson & new baby was wonderful.

Rebecca - The Wrought Iron Christmas tree is lovely. Wow!

(((Heather))) – Life does move along swiftly. Sorry for the loss of your long-ago lover.

Margaret - On our trip to see our son and his family in Virginia, we were routed through Minneapolis twice. There was snow on the ground in the countryside on our way home and many lakes to see. It was lovely.

Allie – I am delighted you were able to go out with your friends. :star:

Pip - Santa Yogi is a cutie!

Machka - Your new glasses are wonderful. Your look great in them.

Lisa – You have managed to create a wonderful life for yourself and Corey. WTG!!!

Flea - Welcome home! I am happy for your trip.

Meg - Good to see you! :smile:

Allie – We bought a dog bed for our sweet dog and I set in next to my side of the bed. He liked it, and so did I. I still miss him like crazy. We will be looking for a pup in the coming year. You are a lucky pet owner to have such a sweet dog as Alfie to keep you company. :heart:

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Katla - The death of my ex lover prompted me to get started on my next book. I wrote a paragraph of the intro this morning. All the people I want to write about are now dead. I think the title will be NOW I AM - out of the shadow. Or maybe - leaving the shadow. I will be feeling my way forward, very slowly. An adventure.

Picking up Bea tomorrow. :D Then back to their house for a spot of child minding until their mother emerges from her work shed. :p

Had a HUGE cauliflower, pea and leek frittata for dinner. Might be sleeping upstairs tonight. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Katla- yes its pretty, but way too much money! Next year I'm going to buy a pre-strung lit tree. Putting lights on our tree every year is tiresome, and I have places still void of light. During the day though, it looks nice! Lol!
    Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Our daughter in law is a brilliant scavenger. She owned one amazing artificial tree that went from the main floor to the second floor ceiling. The staircase wrapped it just right. She found two additional trees that people were throwing or giving away. All three were beautifully decorated by her. I have a 1950’s aluminum tree that was my parents. I set it up once. Not planning to do it again. Last year I brought in a living Alberta Spruce. It was beautiful. I haven’t brought it in so far this year. I hope to avoid becoming a Grinch this year.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    ptbgv2kpdrbb.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Flea- yes and no...he sleeps under the covers next to me and thats fine but I dont have much room in the bed lol
    My bed is much softer than hotel beds I have stayed in..
    But its very comforting to have my little guy snuggled up next to me.. will see if I can figure out some other way to work out the pillows so maybe i sleep in the middle of the bed and not on the edge

Maybe you need a firmer bed.

My back aches if I sleep in a soft bed.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Dont think I can afford that right now.. maybe get a piece of plywood to go under it lol
  • Machka9
    Options
    Dont think I can afford that right now.. maybe get a piece of plywood to go under it lol

My parents did that with theirs many years ago when I was growing up. :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Went to Walmart this morning and finished shopping for a gift bag for a 10 year old boy. I took an ornament off the the tree at the YM to provide some presents for a needy child. The Y supplies age, clothing sizes and a small wish list. This boy wanted Legos and action figures. I have filled a Christmas bag with a t-shirt, a hoodie, a Minecraft Lego set, a Bigfoot action figure, some crayons and a colorbook of action figures. My DFIL always gave my kids M&Ms for Christmas so I continued the tradition with a cane filled with M&Ms. I hope this helps to provide this child with a Merry Christmas. It was fun to do as my only DGC is now 17 and wants gift cards.

I can't believe how early it gets dark in the afternoon now. It is only 2:30 here now and I am already turning on lights.

KJ - those are awesome pictures and I think those surfers are crazy.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    We are back from Fiji! We had a fabulous time. I have pictures on my phone that I will try to post later. I am tired, but not overly so. The warm weather was good for me, and the pool was soothing. Only 41 adults at the resort when we arrived, so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. By the end of the week, while I don't know the exact number, there were more people and felt more normal. Everyone did a great job abiding by the Covid precautions, so it felt very safe. Lots of people from Australia there. They said they aren't allowed to travel within Australia from state (province?) to state, but the government was fine with them going to Fiji. Didn't make a lot of sense to any of us talking about it, Fijian, Australian, or US. But it is what it is.

Katla -- we saw the Christmas boats as we flew into Portland last night, from the air. Even from above, the lights were spectacular.

I will try to get caught up. I am also officially off medical leave beginning today, so I need to start getting some work done. Working from home this month, so it will still be in a relaxed manner.

Everyone take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Welcome back!

Yes, States.

Australia's a big place and COVID hit two large states pretty hard. The other states closed their borders to those states (and each other in some cases) to prevent the spread until a large majority of people were vaccinated. However, travel bubbles with other countries were formed, disbanded, formed again, and so on as COVID ebbed and flowed.

The people you met may have been from a slightly more open state like South Australia or Queensland.

South Australia's borders opened a couple weeks ago. Queensland has opened and closed so many times I've lost track of what they are doing.

As of tomorrow Tasmania's borders open because Tasmania is really close to 95% vaccinated. There are very mixed feelings among Tasmanians about that. I think most of us kind of liked being just ourselves on our island. :neutral:

And in preparation for tourists arriving over Christmas, I've booked our boosters for Dec 22 (earliest we could get them).

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Got home in time to pick daycare girl up at school today.
    The weekend was fun- made LOTS of treats for mom and me to give away. mom was too tired,hurting, busy most of the time. She helped stir a few batches of caramel corn but that is it- I did the rest- 8 batches of that(6qts of popcorn in each batch), 13 batches of fudge, 6, I think, batches of cracker toffee, some praline crunch and some nut clusters all made in the past three days- still a few more batches of fudge to make(forgot the instant coffee so couldn't make the mocha almond fudge and want to do some choc. covered dried cherries.

Have five pages, at least to read to catch up on what all of you did the past weekend.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Just dropped into keep up to date. Nothing strange or startling in my life 😂 Up to my eyes in sparkle and glitz as I make my Christmas cards. It's one of my favourite activities.

Vicki: 👿 This dratted Covid. So sorry about your friend passing.
    Flea: glad you had a good time.
    Lisa: I understand toxic in that context, but it was mama not papa who was poison.
    Machka: classy glasses. You look wonderful.
    Beth: glad you found a good place for your parents. 🙏🏻 for a smooth and easy transition.
    Sue: rest those weary eyes, my dear.
    Allie: I saw the cyclone devastation on the TV. My heart weeps for all those people.
    Heather: We didn't get the sun breaking through until way after lunchtime. And yes I can see the heart. Great collage. Good news on the payment date for the cruise.
    Kate: Have a great time on your trip.

Love to all
    ☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 2hrs 23min 4sec, 123elev, 95ahr, 111mhr, 3.45ap, 8.25mi= 817c
    Strava app = 995c
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Someone was asking about YA books. I got these from Here and Now.
    6n9anodxy7lb.png

Tina in soon to be masked again CA