What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 194 Member
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 1,788 Member
    That looks good @acpgee ... you have the best restaurants
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 6,611 Member
    Took some liberties with the Cambodian national dish of beef lok lak due to ingredients we had lying around. Used lamb leg steak instead of beef, added avocado and replaced raw red onion with mexican red onion pickle. Roasted mini cauliflower instead of rice.
    mv3zjiukdhwc.jpeg

• janicemlove
    ekga4kprq3qc.jpeg
    Breakfast before my PT session, grapes didn’t make it into the picture.
  • janicemlove
    77ev2fb8xk5o.jpeg
    Homemade broccoli soup. Much better than my first attempt but still missing something. Probably more butter haha.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Gluten free version of avocado toast with capers and tomatoes using an Against the Grain roll. This is the first time I've ever bought gluten free bread product. I don't own a toaster as I rarely eat bread or even baked goods in general so I broiled it. The product burned rather quickly. The flavor was bland but overall it worked ok for this purpose. The ingredients in the roll included tapioca starch, milk, mozzarella, eggs, non-GMO canola oil and salt. Pretty basic. I also used purchased Wholly guacamole rather than sliced avocado because they didn't look so good in the store.

I sometimes order avocado toast in restaurants and wanted to try it out at home but once this bread is gone I'll probably not bother. I would just as soon have it on a nice sourdough bread once in a while. Still if you're going gluten free then this could be a reasonable substitute.

znazm1v6odhn.jpeg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 413 Member
    edited December 2021
    anlhawh3irwd.jpeg

9dn9ry944k0w.jpeg

cjx3v3y4mbup.jpeg

9ow4k90rubxb.jpeg

(In MFP ordained order)

My sister came to visit and taught me how to make gyoza

Thanksgiving dinner. My husband’s Irish father is the cause of there being 4 different potato dishes lol

A chicken pot pie with phylo crust. Utterly delicious and looks SO fancy with very little effort!

Homemade poke bowls. Super DUPER tasty and way more plentiful than most from a stand!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    @o0Firekeeper0o Poke bowl looks delicious as do the gyoza.
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 54 Member
    @o0Firekeeper0o that turkey in your Thanksgiving dinner looks delicious, so moist I'm drooling!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 6,611 Member
    https://www.cirilofilipinokainan.co.uk/static/menu-43386f996dfd686c19d15bb3c6d11378.pdf
    We didn't order well. The two mains and the spinach side all tasted quite similar.
    csp4szuskxye.jpeg
    qi9lo3ahj6f5.jpeg
    z7wgdzrfbtka.jpeg
    w7ikpc2q0j7x.jpeg
    tbubu24hvl9o.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    edited December 2021
    Romaine "taco" with seasoned pork, guac, tomatoes and feta. I should have added some olives and lime juice but I was in a hurry.

tymu35amkyl9.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Leftover pork from yesterday made into taco salad of romaine, ground pork, guac, tomatoes, olives, feta with freshly squeezed lime juice. I didn't use enough of the spice mix last night so added more to the meat today. It was Mexican seasoning of coriander, cumin, Mexican oregano, salt and three different kinds of chili powder. Much more flavorful this time around.

aes2e1gihjug.jpeg