What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Skipped the indoor ride in favor of a long outdoor walk with my dog and a shotgun.;) Put in several miles walking through brush and corn fields on a friend's farm. No pheasants today, but plenty of exercise and quality time spent with my dog. :) Spin class tomorrow.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    3 long days working.
    137 minutes on my Elliptical for 9.1 miles today and going to head out Christmas shopping.
  • Djproulx
    Spin class today. A fun 75 minute workout set up as a race format, designed to simulate parts of the Lake Placid bike course. 15 minute core routine followed.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My Elliptical 140 minutes for 9.15 miles.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,108 Member
    I've been working out, just been too lazy to post here 😁
    Anyway, this afternoon I went for a walk in the woods after buying a second hand Garmin Vivoactive 4 (my current one is on the fritz and I'll need a backup while it's being fixed, might take up to a month). It was already nearly 3PM when we started the walk, so we did 12.5km in 2hr25, quite a good pace and by the time we arrived back at the car it was dark.

My run yesterday wasn't great, so I did a run tonight, 6km in 42min50.

29000 steps today, not bad!
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    5 minutes on 7.5 incline speed 3 on a treadmill. Get the heart moving.

Arms.
    Cable Century set of tricep pull downs, then curls same machine. Did this twice no break in between other than having to stop in between reps to suck air.

French press ez bar, skull crushers, slow close grip presses. Three sets 20/20/ failure.
    sitting half curls (half way up) with DB, 45 degree incline curl, standing modified curls lean front and back slightly. Three sets 20/20/20
    Cable machine, reverse curl, close grip curl, wide arm curl, drag curl alternating with rope pull down, halfway to full ROM with focus on pronating the wrists, regula full ROM, close hand push up.
    All 3 sets 20 reps, except the last exercise which was to failure.

This was at 7 am.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Shopping with lots of walking the last two days... my wife is Mexican and its tamale season so we are also in the middle of prep for that... the next couple of days will be rather hectic around here.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    I lifted on Friday, doing:
    3 sets of 5, bench, 55 kgs
    Deadlift, 1 set of 5, 120 kgs
    Hangboard.

Yesterday, I did a 21 mile walk. My step count average has been over 21,000 a day for to the last few weeks.

Today, I played on my home climbing wall for an hour. I hadn't used it for a while, I was out of practice at it. My dynos were good, though.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    90 minutes super easy row -- 16500 meters. On my "long slow" day, I try to keep HR under 65% max. It averaged 65% but got up as high as 72%, but nearly all was under 70%. All unstrapped again on the rower (you sacrifice a bit of speed for working on form).
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    50 Jumping Jaxs
    50 Skier
    50 Fwd Jump Rope
    45 Sec sprint (4 Inc / SEND IT for all)
    25 Squat Press
    50 Crunches
    25 Renegade Row
    45 Sec sprint
    25 Box Jumps
    Stair Circuit (Every/Other/Rt/Lt/Hop)
    25 Frog Burps
    45 Sec Sprint
    25 4 Corner Lunges
    50 Supine Bike
    25 KBell Press
    45 Sec Sprint
    50 Flutter Kicks
    25 Hand Release Push-ups
    25 KBell Swing
    45 Sec Sprint
    Stair Circuit
    50 Sit-ups
    25 Devil Press
    45 Sec Sprint
    50 Half Jacks
    25 Dbell Snatch
    50 Fwd Jump Rope

700 Reps / 6 Sprint Sessions
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Ran a 5K during lunch break. Will play badminton in the evening
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    12562 meters rowing (an hour and five minutes). Did a better job today of not exceeding 70% of max HR. All unstrapped work again, working on form.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,108 Member
    I go to the office less than once a week lately, but my commute seems to have issues half of the time. Today it took me 2hrs to get home instead of 45 minutes, so no strength training before dinner as intended.

Instead, a short but intense run after having given myself enough time to digest my dinner: 4km in 26min29, starting at 8kph and increasing by 0.5kph every 5 minutes. Z1 for 1%, Z2 for 16%, Z3 for 38%, Z4 for 40% and Z5 for 2%.
    I don't often do cardio that intense, but a good way to let off some steam.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Yesterday was my standard: 40 min. Elliptical, 35 min at zone 3, the rest below. No intervals this time, just keeping it steady to prevent injury.

• makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Shoulders.
    side laterals, partial at the bottom, full, partial at the top. 4 sets 20/20/20
    Incline around the world front focus SS with rear focus. 4 sets 20/20
    Eye level bus drivers. 2 century sets
    Cable giant set
    Sede lateral, bent over rear delt, rear delt shoulder level, rear arching delt. 3 sets 20/20/20/20
    Reverse grip barbell press. 4 sets 20 reps
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    Rowing machine, 8,214 meters, 18spm, 2:35.0 pace, 77% Z3, the balance below.

This is the last few days of the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge, and I'm at 180,637 of the 200,000 meters I told myself I'd complete between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. That's about a day's worth of meters ahead of schedule, no more rest days prescheduled.

After the Challenge, my usual annual routine is to be out of patience with this unnatural consistency, then take a rebel few days to week or so and completely slack off. Soon enough, I'll start feeling so tense and grumpy that I realize I really must get into an active routine again in order to stay happy and even remotely semi-sane.

Oh, wait, I mean: After the Challenge, I have scheduled a vital annual formal full recovery week, before I recommit to training in preparation for Spring.

Heh.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,031 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I go to the office less than once a week lately, but my commute seems to have issues half of the time. Today it took me 2hrs to get home instead of 45 minutes, so no strength training before dinner as intended.

Instead, a short but intense run after having given myself enough time to digest my dinner: 4km in 26min29, starting at 8kph and increasing by 0.5kph every 5 minutes. Z1 for 1%, Z2 for 16%, Z3 for 38%, Z4 for 40% and Z5 for 2%.
    I don't often do cardio that intense, but a good way to let off some steam.

So true! For quite a while, my PR fasted 500m rower piece was one that happened when I was really, really mad at my oncologist. 🤣 It did help.
  • GymBunnyPaige
    GymBunnyPaige Posts: 18 Member
    My routine today was simple and a little random. I was more tired than usual but I feel it was an effective workout nonetheless.

Warmed up with a mile on the elliptical with some resistance, only takes a few minutes.
    After that I stretched for about 10-15 minutes as usual.
    The strength routine is as follows:
    Seated Row 3x20
    Assisted pull-ups 4x10
    Assisted dips 3x8
    Seated bicep curls 4x15
    Weighted abdominal crunches 3x15
    Push ups 4x10

Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
  • Djproulx
    Gym workout today. Two trainers combined groups and set up 3 different circuits with one minute high intensity cardio intervals between each 12 minute round. Bunch of different movements: TRX rows, med ball crunches, mountain climbers on sliding pads, chest press while lying on BOSU, split squats, etc. Cardio options included treadmill, assault bike, elliptical, rower, sled, etc. First time I've pushed the sled in a while. It hasn't gotten any easier. :)