Lose 5 Pounds a Month September 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did not loose this week but at least it was not a hge gain. Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did not loose this week but at least it was not a hge gain. Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    9/01 - 176
    9/08 - 175
    9/16 - 175
    9/22 -
    9/30 -

I'm not very focused this month. I have to try harder.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    9/2/2011: 215.2
    9/9/2011: 215.2
    9/16/2011: 212.8

Halfway there despite the weddings and birthdays and a visit by my mother which made a lot of alcohol necessary.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    9/1 161 lbs
    9/7 158.4 lbs
    9/15 156

I didnt realize until I logged in and looked at my topics that I guess I did it! I had forgotten about the challenge! So now I am aiming for another 5!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sept 4- 175.8
    Sept 9 - 170.8 (yes it looks like I already lost 5, but I was up 8.... lol)
    Sept 16 - 176.4
    Sept 23 -
    Sept 30 -

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was afraid of this. I've been going back to those terrible Old habits. Bad eating, eating out, not working out.

I went food shopping last night so I'm not going to eat any "take out" or quick pick up food this week. Im so mad at myself .
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to weigh in friday but forgot to log in ...

My weight has gone down 1 pound since the beginning of the month

• poseidon9447
    Options
    I lost about 10 lbs so far this month, now I am going to try for another 5.
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Today was my checkpoint on 5lbs. working to lose 3 more by the end of the month.
  • aabbcc3
    Options
    I will join you and others
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    9/3: 158 lbs

9/10: 156 lbs

9/17: 154 lbs

9/24:

9/30:

Almost there 4 lbs down! How's everyone doing? Sending some fairy dust to help y'all with the weight loss...
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    3lbs lost so far.......fingers crossed
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    On a side note.. (sorry, a little gross note, also) I feel very... :embarassed: uhm, stopped up. Any quick remedies? Yes, I have been eating veggies, and activia... and drinking about 4-6 cups of water a day... So, I am a little confused as to why..... thanks in advance!

Have you tried adding ground flax seeds to your diet?

From the Mayo Clinic: "Flaxseed is high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and phytochemicals called lignans. Flaxseed is commonly used as a laxative (to improve digestive health or relieve constipation)...

Tips for including flaxseed in your diet:

Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your hot or cold breakfast cereal.
    Add a teaspoon of ground flaxseed to mayonnaise or mustard when making a sandwich.
    Mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed into an 8-ounce container of yogurt.
    Bake ground flaxseed into cookies, muffins, breads and other baked goods."

Good luck - I find it really helps me, and I got my mom hooked too, as she was having 'issues' as well...
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    187.5 for the past 3 weeks! Looks like I'm on a plateau!

I've been exercising a lot, and burning the calories I've been eating with some left over. Calories ranged from 1,257 to a high of 1,838 this week: 1,397; 1,257, 1745, 1813, 1,823, 1, 275, and 1,756. When I step on the scale in the morning my weight can be as low as 185.5, but that changes as soon as I have a cup of coffee. This morning, it was at 187.5. Looks like I need to cut back on my eating so that I am closer to 1200 more consistently.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    187.5 for the past 3 weeks! Looks like I'm on a plateau!

I've been exercising a lot, and burning the calories I've been eating with some left over. Calories ranged from 1,257 to a high of 1,838 this week: 1,397; 1,257, 1745, 1813, 1,823, 1, 275, and 1,756. When I step on the scale in the morning my weight can be as low as 185.5, but that changes as soon as I have a cup of coffee. This morning, it was at 187.5. Looks like I need to cut back on my eating so that I am closer to 1200 more consistently.

I read last week that you can get over a "plateau" by changing your workout. If you are doing the same thing everyday your body gets used to it, so you stop losing weight. This also happens for body builders that lift the same all the time they get no gains. To jump start your self out of your plateau change your exercise routine up. Increase the speed of the treadmill, change the angle of the treadmill, do other forms of cardio. Your body will respond. It worked for me this last week and I saw a good loss again.
  • jerridavis2
    Options
    Hello All,

Sept. 1 Weight 261
    Sept. 18 Weight 255

Down 6 lbs!! Woot!!! Thank you for this! I was feeling kind of "meh" today because I didn't lose any weight this week. But when I look at the past 18 days altogether, 6 lbs is pretty great! :)

Good luck everyone! DH and I leave for our cruise next Saturday for 8 days. Here's hoping to maintain what I've lost.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Checking in! I've had a bad attitude about everything lately. And for whatever reason, life was getting in my way and I was making way too many excuses. I decided to go back to the very simple basics. I am going to count calories, worry less about what I am eating and just stay within the calories. And I am going to do a 2 mile run/walk as often as possible with the basic sit-ups, pushups.

I think if I can just be consistent and stop trying to do all kinds of crazy workouts and diets, I will focus on the easy things to get me back on track. I am still going to try to reach my goal for the month, even though I've had a lot of UPS, not many downs.

Hope everyone else is doing great! You all inspire me! Especially those that have a steady loss every week! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was at 153.8 this Saturday. That is a gain of 0.2 lbs since my last official weigh in. After the bender I have been on, I am thankful for that small of a gain--- although it is only that small because I did well the whole week before (thankful for that, too!!) I am back on track and should see a loss next week. Woohoo!

I am switching my Weight Watchers meetings to Thursday evenings. I am not thrilled about it because I will weigh more in the evenings but Saturday morning just won't work anymore. I do not think they will let me weigh in more than once in a week. Hopefully they will let me do an unofficial weigh, though, so I can see where I am at.

Donna--- how is the running going?

UConn--- good job getting back on track. You can do it!! I am going to start doing walk-runs as well and go for distance rather than doing C25K. I think that will help me learn to run without being miserable! Then again, it may mean I do not push myself enough!! I guess we will see! Good luck getting everything back in order this week!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    On a side note.. (sorry, a little gross note, also) I feel very... :embarassed: uhm, stopped up. Any quick remedies? Yes, I have been eating veggies, and activia... and drinking about 4-6 cups of water a day... So, I am a little confused as to why..... thanks in advance!

Have you tried adding ground flax seeds to your diet?

From the Mayo Clinic: "Flaxseed is high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and phytochemicals called lignans. Flaxseed is commonly used as a laxative (to improve digestive health or relieve constipation)...

Tips for including flaxseed in your diet:

Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed to your hot or cold breakfast cereal.
    Add a teaspoon of ground flaxseed to mayonnaise or mustard when making a sandwich.
    Mix a tablespoon of ground flaxseed into an 8-ounce container of yogurt.
    Bake ground flaxseed into cookies, muffins, breads and other baked goods."

Good luck - I find it really helps me, and I got my mom hooked too, as she was having 'issues' as well...

Also 4-6 cups of water a day doesnt seem like very much? Try to double that? Fiber, if you dont get enough water can actually plug you up. Also since I am taking a prescription medication that has a side effect of causing constipation. (and it did) I started eating a serving of prunes every morning. Which made me happy bcuz well I LOVE prunes lol. But even with that. If I didnt drink LOTS of water. It still didnt help me very much.
  • butterfly0175ssh
    butterfly0175ssh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm with you..I hope I don't have to starve myself to do it..lol.