Going without eating sweets and drinking soda for a 2 weeks

2»

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow, I will survive two weeks without eating sweets or drinking soda at all from 1/7/22 to 1/22/22. Wish me luck.

Best of luck to you. This is totally doable! It may sorta detox your body. When I eat sweets sometimes once I start I cannot stop so abstinence helps me. I wish I could give up diet soda but for right now I still am having one a day.

Wow....I got 14 disagrees on my comment. I am ok with that but curious about it. This person is only giving up soda and sugar for 2 weeks. That does not seem unreasonable to me. Just 2 weeks. I would never give it up completely but two weeks is not asking a lot. Personally I think sweets are bad for you. Everything in moderation...even moderation.

Yeh, some disagree-ers I disagree with. :) I had 1 on my post as well and it left me SMH.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Deviette You got a like from me because you said it so well! But I do notice another disagree. :#
  • makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Good luck. I have been off of non natural sugars and refined carbs for almost 3 months now.
    It really isn't that bad.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Good luck. I have been off of non natural sugars and refined carbs for almost 3 months now.
    It really isn't that bad.

Wow! That is great. I want to do that as well.
  • gobootjack
    gobootjack Posts: 10 Member
    Cliffs Notes of Weight Loss:
    • Weight loss happens in THE KITCHEN, fitness happens in the gym
    • small, sustainable changes
    • Understand weight fluctuations are normal. Thinks of a roller coaster, not a steep mountain slope down. Some weeks up, some weeks down. Its the OVERALL TREND that matters
    • Learn to weigh your food ON A FOOD SCALE
    • Learn how to find ACCURATE DATABASE ENTRIES
    • BE ACTIVE - get off your butt and MOVE. Find SOMETHING you enjoy. If your activity is limited, find ways to move that you are ABLE to do
    • Deprivation is the key to Binging and falling off the wagon. Learn how to fit your favorite things in regularly. There are no 'bad foods' Just 'bad quantities'.
    • One 'bad' day will not undo your deficit.
    • You did not gain the weight quickly. You will not lose it quickly. Better to lose it slowly, and KEEP IT OFF, then lose it quick, and gain it all back and more!

Useful Links
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

and basically ... all of these :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

• gobootjack
    gobootjack Posts: 10 Member
    Callsitlikeiseeit: Appreciate the “cliff notes of weight loss”****that’s a lot of really good advice to remember, especially on harder days!!
  • Rosetoile
    Rosetoile Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck! I personally don't eat any added sugars but find it really easy because I eat a lot of fruit, dates, and things like sweet potatoes that are naturally very sweet. Natural sugar comes with a lot of health benefits like fiber and antioxidants and is not the same as added sugar!