WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Machka - I have an app. WriterP+. It's very basic. Unfortunately it doesn't upload to Dropbox, so I copy and paste it into my email and send it to myself. I find there are times when I'm not in the mood to open my laptop. Also means I can do it anywhere, anytime.
    I also use Notes app for poetry, ideas, quotes etc.

Heather UK xxxxxx

I meant physically ... do you hook your phone up to a keyboard?

Or is it a dictation thing?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    No. Just type on my phone. It's the informality that I find reassuring. I get writer's block a lot.

Heather UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    No. Just type on my phone. It's the informality that I find reassuring. I get writer's block a lot.

Heather UK

I'm amazed you can do that. I find typing on the phone to be a slow and frustrating process.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    I lost two tenths of a pound this week. This is nowhere near my goal rate of loss. Time to ramp it up some more!

I say that, but I also skipped dumbbells and ate cookies last night because I felt dizzy. I can take a little hunger but not dizziness. I feel like my body wants to do maintenance at 170. But I want to reach 140 again.

Oh well. I should be thankful my cookie binges didn't have worse results. At least the fleas are still gone. More vacuuming today.

Welcome to you new ladies! And hugs to all dealing with loss and issues. Congratulations Machka on your nsv!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lisa - Nothing beats a boiled chicken. I do mine in the IP for 25 mins. I don't know why I ever bothered to roast them! :p I would do one tomorrow, but my 3 freezers are stuffed to bursting! I've still got one pot of stock left in there.
    A lot of stuff in there was bought for the cancelled Christmas visit for DSIL. Cinnamon rolls, bagels, haggis plus veg haggis, ricotta and spinach pies, chocolate roulade...... They have rescheduled for the 19th February. :o

Tonight is duck legs. Friday night is wine night. :D I try to pick something that goes with a lovely bottle of red. DH loves to visit our local wine merchant, called Quaff, :p and have a long discussion before he purchases 6 bottles. They deliver it to the door the same day.

I've just woken up from a nap. Just about to ring my friend L.

I searched for ages for a quote this afternoon. Could only remember a few words and the jist of it. Found it! Great sense of relief and achievement. Thank you Dr Google.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Did my elliptical and marching and yoga. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Lanette, dementia is the WORST! I'm so sorry. My mom is going through that as well. Watching them decline is so sad. Sending love and prayers for your strength.

Betsy, sending good vibes to you.

drkatiebug a conversation about panties sounds right up my a**ey. HEY! What did you think I was gonna say?!?

Karen in Virginia, Mom had a really bad day yesterday. Thanks for asking though. I think between the realization of it all and the pain kicking in, she's not doing great. Crying a lot, wanting to "go home", "get outta here", etc. And of course, the dementia as I mentioned above doesn't help. Vascilates between forgetting and getting crabby.

Michele NC, AH!!! That explains it. Wine never lasts that long around here. But, in truth, we have done what Heather UK suggested and froze wine in cubes for the summer to keep the wine cold when we take it outside.

pipcd34, part of the reason I come back is to get my daily puppy dose!

Keep forgetting to add my name at the end here... sorry.
    Carla from Lakeville, MN
  • cpblondie67
    cpblondie67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone,

So spending my day on MFP helped a lot. I really paid attention to what I ate and lost 1.5 pounds. I'm at the beginning of my weight loss, so I'm still losing binge weight.

I'm also more motivated to work. I'm a programmer and I've been working at home for over 12 years. With all the illnesses and pain, I've gotten out of the habit of working very much. My husband kids me that I get paid and don't work. :smile: I've got a great boss who understands that my health is an issue and as long as my customers are happy and I get things done, he's not worried about how much I work.

I woke up sore this morning after 3 days of being able to walk without assistance. I guess that means the day will be spent on the couch and keeping my walker nearby. :frowning:

We are planning on going to friends' this weekend and I'm concerned about how I'll handle eating. They are making pulled-pork, which will be pretty easy to avoid, cuz I'm not big on meat. It's the chips, cheese and wine that will be the hardest. Any tips?

Beth from Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Woke up this morning with vertigo..
    It hasnt happened in quite a long time so I just laid low and took some tylenol and slept it off..
    Just got up and got dressed and will see how the day progresses..
    Tracy asked me if I can take Carmine to school in the mornings.. would have to be at there house at 7:15 ,but easier than her bundling the baby up and hauling him out to the car to take Carmine to school..
    So grandma to the rescue..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Beth have bottled water handy. Always have it in your hand and then you are less likely to snack on the wrong things. When you do fill your plate load up on the fresh veggiesn and fruit if they have it and then there will not be room for the foods you are trying to avoid.

Lisa that is cold for you. You must be getting some of our air from Minnesota. We get brief relief from our cold and then back down to the freezer. It looks like this coming Thursday and on looks better. I just try to get my indoor stuff worked on during the bitter cold and like you I do not go out unless I have to.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie - You are a wonderful grandma. Taking your granddaughter to school gives Carmine grandma time, and Tracy a little less stress. <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Carla - I never thought of that for the wine cubes. Great idea for summer white, or rosé. :D

Rang my friend. She is doing OK. Talked a lot about the funeral service. I was a bit jealous that a mutual university friend had written her a card with all sorts of 'spiritual' advice. I've been holding back on all that sort of thing, 1) because everyone has to find their own way and 2) I think it is a bit early for all that. However, I agreed with most of what she said, and she said it very well. I've been holding back. :o
    At the moment I am just a listening ear. My friend is seeing a therapist, so she will be getting good advice.
    My other friend could do with taking some of her own advice! >:)>:)
    I thought it, but didn't say it. I will let my friend steer her own way and just support her.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie and Lisa - Regarding last wishes--DH & I got married in a whale lookout tower at Cape Perpetua on the Oregon coast more than 50 years ago. We were still college students then. Both of our families were there and our two best friends were witnesses. We plan to have our ashes scattered from there when the time comes, and the ashes of our beloved dogs with us. Our daughter has agreed to help do this for us.
    We are hoping that the time doesn't come any time soon and are also hoping for many happy years between now and then. :wink: :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon

How romantic! I know when I was down at my sisters last summer she was appalled at my idea of whole body donation, when I pass. I have found a company called Medcure, and they come, pick you up, then your body gets used for research, etc and whatever is left (tmi I know), is cremated and scattered in the ocean or sent back to family. This is all free. It just seems logical to me, as I was a blue baby when I was born. So the medical community fought hard to keep me here, seems fitting to have me when I am gone. But I was surprised at my sisters response.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Lanette, So nice to have you stop by, we have missed you! Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA