40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Simply_the_Best_Jess_I_can_be
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids!
    Is there an actual group for this? I just noticed the thread while searching for challenges. Would love to join if it's still open.

-Jess57gelnonmooy.jpg
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids!
    Is there an actual group for this? I just noticed the thread while searching for challenges. Would love to join if it's still open.

-Jess57gelnonmooy.jpg

This is the group, just like minded 40ish year old folk sharing the journey!
  • Simply_the_Best_Jess_I_can_be
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Hey Cool Kids!

-Jess57gelnonmooy.jpg

This is the group, just like minded 40ish year old folk sharing the journey!

Thank you so much for the clarification.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hey kids, I know it's been awhile. Love that this group is still going strong. Now that I am no longer in my 40's, is there a farewell party for me? (lol).

I am training for my next meet which is the Ladies of Iron in April. My coach checked the board and there is no record holder for 50+. The plan is to change that.

@3furballs, @gam3rguy, and @Beeps2011 hope all is well.

Have a good weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing goal, caramel!

I turned fifty a few years back….and I am still sticking around this thread.

I am too irregular with my weight-training….that hasn’t happened in TEN years! I feel it likely is Pamdemic exhaustion and I trust when spring arrives and things open up, again (Toronto is back in a semi-lockdown), I will figure out the “what’s next” for me.

Maybe Pilates? There is a private studio nearby….and I am intrigued.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk that is awesome! I just turned 50 in November, but I'm not leaving the thread. Now that Ontario is starting to open, again, I'll be headed back for cardio kickboxing. I've been lucky enough to workout at my friends so I'm trying to increase weights, maybe scale back cardio.

I'm still training kettlebells. Did my first double jerk 5 min round a couple of weeks ago and didn't die! So now I've got a starting point to beat my reps.

@Beeps2011 hopefully this is the last shut down and we can get back to our lives. Hoping to take the kids to the CNE this year!
  • Savannah80
    Savannah80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm 41 and from the UK.

Over the last 4-5 years, despite several attempts to control my weight gain I'd failed and ended up at 15st 7lb (98.3kg/217lb) ... at 5ft 6.5" (169cm) it put my BMI at 34 ... well in to the obese range. I was a 'runner' but I'd injured myself and not run from June 2019 to May 2021, other than a few little attempts.

So in May 2021 I decided I needed a radical overhaul and to get myself back in shape. I've gone from not running at all to running 9km in around an hour. I have entered three 10km races and two half marathons this year. Each race is 2 months apart, roughly ... so it should keep me motivated and accountable. My first race is 10km on 13th Feb.

I've lost 2st 3.75lb (14.4kg/31.75lb) since May 2021. Most of that though has been since mid October 2021 when I started a diet plan (following The 1:1 Diet). My target weight is 10st 7lb (66.8kg/147lb) so I am almost half way to target, but it feels like a long way to go. My BMI is now 29, so I'm out of the obese range, but only just. Small steps, but here's to a healthier more streamlined me in 2022.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    Thank you for translating stone to pounds for us non-metric folks (1 st = 14 lb). Now I will better understand some posts by others scattered throughout the site.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well this past week was hard core cardio. Cardio kickboxing 5 days and then yesterday was kettlebell training, cardio kickboxing, ficus pad class and self defense. Needless to say I was sore and tired!

Next week will be all weights as I'm getting a tattoo reworked and need to avoid sweating too much.
  • BKulture
    BKulture Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 40+ awesome people!

This is my first time even trying to reach out to other people on an online forum with similar goals.

I just joined the 40 club. Yay! 🎉

My fitness/health goals for this year are simple:
    1. Stay healthy…Eat right, stay tight!
    2. Lose 30 pounds
    3. Increase strength, speed, and endurance
    4. Flatter belly, tighter body
    5. Stay accountable…stop lying to myself
    7. Live in the moment
    8. Keep my peace

I am already in a 40 day functional strength training program that I do with my daughter. I am on day 30. After I complete this, I will fast for 5 days before starting my next workout program.
  • Savannah80
    Savannah80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It’s been just over a month since my last post. I’ve now lost 15.8kg (2st 7lb). I did my first race and completed it 3 mins faster than predicted. My next race is a half marathon on 3rd April. I’ve also bought myself an exercise bike now. It arrived last week and so far I’ve done 90km on it. Training is going well for my next race, feeling hopeful I’ll finish strong and with a reasonable time.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Nice! Had to re-read your first two sentences...thought at first you said you'd lost 15.8kg since your last post a month ago! lol
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Where is everyone?

• nossmf
    Options
    Too busy working out to post?
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Where is everyone?

I feel like the pandemic has exhausted everyone. I'm still doing my usual, still trying to lose the last bit of covid weight. I'm sure if I gave up my beer (light beer!) and sweet tooth it would be much easier!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I agree 3furballs.

I have decided to abandon some weight loss challenges I was participating in. And I have paused most social media posting and feeds.

I am walking outside as much as I can to breathe the air and get some sun on my face….my strength workouts are regular, but abysmal.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I agree 3furballs.

I have decided to abandon some weight loss challenges I was participating in. And I have paused most social media posting and feeds.

I am walking outside as much as I can to breathe the air and get some sun on my face….my strength workouts are regular, but abysmal.

I went for a long walk in yesterday's beautiful weather. I'm hoping with warmth and sun will come more ambitious workouts.
  • Wolfecatsmom
    Wolfecatsmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I recently rejoined MFP. It says I lost 12 pounds but truth be told I lost them on my own but struggling to get to lose anymore.
    I use Beachbody on demand and do kickboxing twice a week.. I try to eat healthier but life gets hectic and choices are made that don't line up with weight loss.
    I been trying to tweak the behavior so yes if I have to have pizza eat less of it..
    I tried weight watchers but had no luck with it.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hello Wolfecats!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Note to self, take time to warm up if you're going to workout as soon as you get up!