Ladies - weight and pants size?

15678911»

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    5'4"..weigh 159.0 wear a size 12 in jeans.
  • helaurin
    helaurin Posts: 157 Member
    5'0". At about 185 lbs, I was wearing a size 18 shorts from Old Navy - and to be honest, it didn't fit well. It was an okay-snug in the front waist line, but with a big gap in the small of the back. I had the same issue with a couple of other pants from there, so ... no more Old Navy for me.

But.... At Costco, I'd gotten a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt's "Amanda" stretch jeans for ladies, size 16 and 14. Tried them on at home, and the 16's had to go right back, they were too loose. The size 14 fit really well, and sometimes at Costco - things sell out pretty quick. So I picked up a size 12 in the same style.

When I dropped to about 175 pounds, the 14's started feeling loose (but still wearable) and I could squeeze into the size 12's - snug yet comfortable.

I went back to Costco thinking I might pick up a size 10 to keep myself motivated - the one I usually shop at had none left. Bummer.

Late last week, found another Costco had a just one size 10 left and a few size 8's.

This morning, I weighed myself. 169 lbs, and the size 10 now fits snug and comfortable.

I attempted to try the size 8 on for good measure. Nope. Can't pull it up past mid-thigh, so it's going to have to weight. I suspect that if/when I get to about 150-155 lbs, then those will fit.

So - in Gloria Vanderbilt's "Amanda" stretch jeans style, this is the range I'm thinking - there's probably more wiggle room than I'm allowing for in this chart based on my own experiences.

Size 16 = somewhere above 185 lbs
    Size 14 = 175 - 185 lbs
    Size 12 = 165 - 175 lbs
    Size 10 = 155 - 169 lbs
    Size 8 = something definitely below 165 (and maybe even less than that) to get into them.

• ldaratha
    ldaratha Posts: 29 Member
    I wonder if Canadian sizing is any different than US? Is that possible? I’m 5’5”, down to 185 and wear size 16. I do have a thick waist.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    ldaratha wrote: »
    I wonder if Canadian sizing is any different than US? Is that possible? I’m 5’5”, down to 185 and wear size 16. I do have a thick waist.

No, they are the same. But where you shop and the brands you buy make a huge difference. Some stores in the US and Canada use more international sizes - like the UK and AU sizes listed here - which are approximately 2 sizes larger than US/Canada (6 US ~10 UK). And other stores just vary, so someone may easily wear between a 2 and 8 from different stores.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    5’2, 146. Whatever fits; size 10 in jeans and anywhere from size 6-8 in dress pants.
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    5'1" and around 120. Usually I wear a 4 or 6 petite. (which are smaller than regular sizes. If it's regular it is always a 4). If I go up even just 5 lbs., I would always be a 6 petite and sometimes 8. It seems when you're short you change sizes more quickly than taller people, whether it's up or down.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm 5'2" 148lb and wear a 10/12 in UK sizing, probably moving down in to.more 10 than 12 now.
  • Bobbiejo1966
    Bobbiejo1966 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2022
    I currently lost 210 lbs in 2 years I started at a little over 400 lb I am naw 217lbs I have a lot of excess skin and I don't know where to start at in finding the right size pants I was 180 lb in school and wore a size 18 because I had wide hips 16s I liked a lot because they fit really good and snug now with all this excess skin I don't know where to start but I don't want to buy a lot of pants and spent a lot of money can anybody help