WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited January 2022
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Sue ~ Happiest of Birthdays to You! :)

Michele ~ So sorry about Clyde. My beloved Siamese hid under the bed and let us know it was time to go. I felt so bad because right before that she had been rubbing/loving my legs in the kitchen and I was inpatient with her because I had just gotten home from work and was trying to get dinner ready. I have felt guilty ever since. She got me through some very bad times during my marriage and was such a comfort.

Debbie ~ I love all your cats.

I was signed up to get a bone density test over a year ago but never went in for it. Guess I should but don't remember anyone in my family ever having broken bones.

Carol in GA

Thanks- all the cats look different and all have really different personalities-
    No, litter boxes are not fun but when we do them so often(they are in my bathroom so every time I go in or my dh walks past, we just scoop them so they aren't too bad)

I need to ask my doctor again about getting the bone density test done. I asked her a few years ago and they wouldn't do it because I was too young- even with family history(dad had/mom has osteo, dad's was actually worse than mom's). Turning 60 soon so need to see if they will do one now.

Your pup was so cute!!!
    Miss having our dog, dh and son have talked about getting another dog but now that we have the girlfriends cats along with ours, I told them NO, not adding a dog to all the cats.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    So many beautiful cats photos!!! This was Charlie, a cat at our clothing optional resort, that though taken care by a couple full time residents there, he was everyone's cat. If he chose your lounge chair to nap at, well you just had to make room. Many evenings petting him as we sat in the hot tub. Once he took hold of my hand, biting softly, I felt honored!!
    vfi8koczdq9w.jpg
    He was very exotic, and mini lion looking!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Rebecca- a friend of mine lives on Whidbey- she is moving and is giving hints- This is her posts:
    ksu4rd06acb7.png
    cfp8cgh0tdmf.png

"Some of you know I have been going to a hidden camping spot on and island on the Salish Sea. Here are a couple of clues as to which island and where I will be moving to. The first is one of my painting panel holders that I always cover with stickers that have meaning to me on my painting journeys. I have added a couple of new ones. The second is the view I see when the ferry pulls into the dock. "

Do you know where she is talking about??

Oh yes, we're quite inlet in Puget Sound. Orcas Island is in a cluster north of Whidbey.👍💖. Happy moving to you friend!
    00288muw3p6r.png
    qyoq1wisvmzm.png
    Hugs Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the maps, Rebecca. It really helps to picture where you are. <3 Looks wonderful.

I had such a lot of trauma when I was a child because my mother neglected our animals (see my memoir, THEREFORE I AM) that it stopped me wanting to have an animal as an adult. Far too much grief. :'(
    I also value my freedom far too highly now. I don't even have indoor plants because I do not want the responsibility. I hate caretaking.

My only pet is DH and sometimes he is too much trouble. :p:p

But I sympathise with your sadness, Michele. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Thanks Rebecca!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Yay! I made my 250 calories! I did 3 min elliptical, 10 min marching, 20 min walking, and then did the yoga video twice. Now to see if I can maintain the 1100 calories eaten limit. So far so good.

I have always wanted to see that part of the world - Seattle to Vancouver. It looks gorgeous!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk-jog with yogi- 2hrs 16min 56sec, 137elev, 3.94ap, 106ahr, 155mhr, 9.01mi= 923c
    Strava app = 1087c
    Zwift home spin bike, Strava stats- 16.14min, 39elev, 98aw, 18.8amph, 128amph, 160mhr, 5.07mi= 158c
    Strava app= 91c
    Zwift stats- 16.16min, 42elev, 97aw, 63arpm, 18.77amph, 5.08mi= 91c

Total cal 1081

Well, the MS 2022 app is now open, so the donation collection can now officially begin. I will b riding virtually this year so we can go to Alaska in may rather than September. I can now start tracking my virtual miles.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Thanks ladies for the birthday wishes. DD took me to an Irish pub for dinner yesterday. I like fish and she does not so I was able to have fish and chips while she had a hamburger. Very good food. We do not eat out much so it was a nice treat. DSis and DB have called. Good to talk with them.

Michelle - so sorry about Clyde.

Katla - thinking good thoughts for you and a puppy.

Believe in your capacity to change, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member

I went to work today. Usually, when I go in I say “good morning, how are you doing”, I’m peppy. Today it was just “good morning” – very somber. But when I did the lettuce, I pretended the lettuce was cancer cells. You should have seen me taking my frustration out on that lettuce! Poor lettuce! But by the time I left, I was back to my old “have a great day” self. I went bowling, but Vince didn’t. I tried to tell him to go and get his frustration out, but he didn’t want to.

Debbie – I had to call the cremation service. Every single one of our cats has had his/her own personality.

Ginny – I was on alondrate sodium and it really didn’t help me so now I’m on Prolia (the shots). I think part of it is that the Prolia gets directly into the bloodstream whereas the alondrate sodium has to go thru the digestive tract first. Maybe I have an abundance of acid in my stomach. Actually, before I went on Medicare, my bone density improved so much on the Prolia that insurance wouldn’t cover the Prolia unless I went on something like Fosamax first for 2 years. After 1 year the MD convinced them I needed the Prolia

Thank you, everyone, for your sympathy on Clyde. It’ll hurt for a while, but the good memories will last a lifetime.

Minicooper – believe it or not, Vince is allergic to cats. Lexi sleeps ON him. We’ve had cats for over 20 years. He’s going for allergy shots right now.

Speaking of the allergy shots, he’s now at the point where he can give himself the shot. So when he goes tomorrow, they’ll probably show him how to give himself the shot. This way he won’t miss while we’re in Florida.

Beth – good luck at PT

katla – how in the world can someone poison a cat, or anything else for that matter??? He sounds SEVERELY disturbed

Allie – good thoughts for your consultation

drkatie – (((HUGS)))

Off to ceramics

Michele NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Michele- so sorry for your loss. I think my dh would be the same as Vince if something happened to our pup.
    Sue- hope you had a great birthday.
    Still working 0n my projects list. It seems like every time I finish one I think of another to add.
    Almost February…
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited January 2022
    Heather: I do look forward to Grayson and his Art Challenge. He and Philippa are such interesting people.
    Bravo on the weight loss. You’ll do it for the cruise.

☘️Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    exermom wrote: »
    Just got back from the emergency vet. We put Clyde down. His blood was life-threatenly low iron. He just couldn't get oxygen. At first they were going to let us in to say "goodbye" in case he didn't make it thru the night. The prognosis wasn't good at all, so Vince made the decision to put him down. He couldn't stand.

Michele NC

Very sorry to hear about Clyde. (((Hugs)))

• TerriRichardson112
    Sue: 🎂Happy Birthday 🥳
  • TerriRichardson112
    Had my car serviced today. Clean bill of health. MOT is on Saturday morning.

☘️Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Happy birthday Sue!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michele— The cat poisoner lived across the street from us many years ago. He was a hater of cats who poisoned them because he blamed them for killing the birds who came to his bird feeder. He killed our cat with poison. Our next door neighbor told me about it the day we moved to a different town. If I had known the problem I would have kept our cat inside.

These days I feed hummingbirds from humming bird feeders attached to our windows. Our neighbor has a cat that is an indoor kitty. I have never seen her cat and the humming birds are safe.

Katla

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Sue Happy Birthday :flowerforyou: