• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Feel like I should be in bed with @Cat0703a

*kitten* yeah! ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Nervous yet mostly excited. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a man I haven't seen in almost 22 years. We had a very intense but short-lived relationship due to him moving out of state, and then overseas. We've been talking every day in some way (sometimes multiple times per day) over the past 2 months and the chemistry is still more than there. We're more emotionally connected than we ever were, but am worried how it'll be in person. He's not, but then again he fought in Iraq and Afghanistan so this is nothing compared to that!

Well, you OBVIOUSLY need to live-post your meet up with him since a bunch of us have been here for your story. :)

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. I may not live post, but I will definitely report back here!

Well, it happened! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. It was a little awkward at first, at least on my end. But, I'm a little awkward, which this guy likes about me. However, it didn't take that long to feel comfortable with him again! It ended up being great, and we're already making plans to see each other again.

Bonus: my best friend and fiancee met him for the first time, as they'd never met him before . We dated while I was away at grad school so she never had the chance. Both she and her finance really liked him, said I seem much more myself than I did with my ex husband, and that this guy "adores me." ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    Nervous yet mostly excited. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a man I haven't seen in almost 22 years. We had a very intense but short-lived relationship due to him moving out of state, and then overseas. We've been talking every day in some way (sometimes multiple times per day) over the past 2 months and the chemistry is still more than there. We're more emotionally connected than we ever were, but am worried how it'll be in person. He's not, but then again he fought in Iraq and Afghanistan so this is nothing compared to that!

Well, you OBVIOUSLY need to live-post your meet up with him since a bunch of us have been here for your story. :)

Well, it happened! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. It was a little awkward at first, at least on my end. But, I'm a little awkward, which this guy likes about me. However, it didn't take that long to feel comfortable with him again! It ended up being great, and we're already making plans to see each other again.

Bonus: my best friend and fiancee met him for the first time, as they'd never met him before . We dated while I was away at grad school so she never had the chance. Both she and her finance really liked him, said I seem much more myself than I did with my ex husband, and that this guy "adores me." ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yay!!!! Didn't know you were bringing best friend back up too. ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm really glad everything went well.
  • CandycaneDimondSparkle
    Options
    Exhausted
  • Singingbanshee
    Singingbanshee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Exhausted after my workout ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Still pi$$ed at the USPS.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options

Yay!!!! Didn't know you were bringing best friend back up too. ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm really glad everything went well.

She was our meeting place and where we stayed. This guy and I actually grew up about 5 miles apart but met in an entirely different state and he still has good friends near there. However, he now lives about 100 miles away from there, where his family now lives. So, she had to meet him by default. It was either she meet him or I meet his friends, and I was more comfortable with the first scenario ๐Ÿ˜†. He is/was totally cool with meeting my friends.
  • Singingbanshee
    Singingbanshee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Comfortably numb
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    A little melancholy. Tomorrow will be my 34th consecutive Singles Awareness Day
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Sad and helpless <3
  • boilerdawg2009
    Options
    Sad and helpless <3

Need to talk about it?
  • ReenieHJ
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Sad and helpless <3

Need to talk about it?

Nah. :/ I'll get over it. Just wish I could help this sweet dear person in my life. She's such a kind-hearted, fun to be with, beautiful person but suffers from below zero self-esteem, anxiety and depression. Harder when it's my own daughter and I live so far far away.

But thank you. You're very nice. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I'm feeling the annual February spring tease. Gorgeous day today with a high of 63*F...then drop down into the lower to mid 40s until the weekend where it looks like Saturday will be mid 50s and Sunday will be lower 60s...then another drop into the lower 40s going into next week.

Lows are still pretty much in the mid 20s first thing in the morning...but those afternoon highs start bringing that spring fever and then temps drop 20 degrees the next day. Really hard on the wardrobe selection as well. Freezing when I go to work and I'm sweating on the way home.

March will be worse because we'll start getting more consistently beautiful days but almost always get hit with a freak cold snap and snow storm to spoil the fun.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Frustrated.

I can't seem to get my head around this spreadsheet and how best to organize the data.
  • boilerdawg2009
    Options
    Sad and helpless <3

Need to talk about it?

Nah. :/ I'll get over it. Just wish I could help this sweet dear person in my life. She's such a kind-hearted, fun to be with, beautiful person but suffers from below zero self-esteem, anxiety and depression. Harder when it's my own daughter and I live so far far away.

But thank you. You're very nice. :)

Feel free to reach out if you change your mind!
  • KobiHensley
    KobiHensley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm exhausted right now!! My husband power snored all last night.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I'm feeling lightened. The disagree button is gone!
  • boilerdawg2009
    Options
    Sore. I've been pushing so hard this year and my body is finally fed up with it so today is a rest day
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Very anxious. My blood report just came in and its showing that I'm a pre diabetic :'( all my cholesterol is also pretty low. So I'm dreading tomorrow's appointment with doc.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    Very anxious. My blood report just came in and its showing that I'm a pre diabetic :'( all my cholesterol is also pretty low. So I'm dreading tomorrow's appointment with doc.

Not a doctor but an avid reader of the mfp forums opinion? If you need to lose weight, you're already on the way to fixing that.

And I'm annoyed because, ever since our power went out last week, I keep sleeping past the alarm (and, yes, I've checked that I reset it right a few times).