WEEK 1- Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs**CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Last night was my first night doing the video and to be honest I could not get through the entire video. I only completed 10 minutes. I have never really worked my legs muscles besides walking or cycling so they are weak. I guess if I just keep at it they'll get stronger. On the brighter side, the intense 10 minute workout did burn some cals and I lost 7 tenths since yesterday. Just imagine if I would have finished. I will definitely keep at it! I need all the support I can get!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Last night was my first night doing the video and to be honest I could not get through the entire video. I only completed 10 minutes. I have never really worked my legs muscles besides walking or cycling so they are weak. I guess if I just keep at it they'll get stronger. On the brighter side, the intense 10 minute workout did burn some cals and I lost 7 tenths since yesterday. Just imagine if I would have finished. I will definitely keep at it! I need all the support I can get!

Ten minutes is awesome for never working out your legs so be proud. Keep at it and real soon you will be going through the entire dvd telling jillian now what you got more cause yes your legs will get stronger and stronger. I am able to keep up because I did insanity which is a lot of legs movements but my legs are getting a killer burn from jillian. Congrats on the 7 tenth like you said image when you do the whole 35-45 minutes can you say one sexy bootie.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Today is rest day from killer buns and thighs because I completed day four yesterday. I did do jillian michael 6 wks/6 pks abs. I burn 561 calories. My legs are a lil sore. I will be resting sunday also due to no time to workout I will be working two jobs. I will right back in the swing of things monday. I think next week I will do five days instead of four, don't know yet I will know by wednesdays of next week.

Ladies ya'll are doing a phenomenal job. Keep up the spectacular progress.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Awesome job pushing yourself through 10mins, it will get easier as you get stronger. Keep on Pushing.

I finally got my DVD today & will be starting Monday. I will be a week behind but am looking forward to this and the results that follow! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 again, this time with 3lb ankle weights - ouch, especially during the plank to squats and high knees. Burned more though, 320 cals. Followed it up with ripped in 30 week 4 after an hour break
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options

A agree with Committohealth. This is a super hard workout if you aren't use to doing lunges and squats and stuff already. I've already been working my butt and thighs hard for the past year and I still felt the burn and have to press pause. Keep up the great work! You'll get there.
  • ShannonWinger
    Options
    Rest day for me and I've eaten really bad today. Planning on getting back in gear tomorrow.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I have been trying to 'take it easy' this week because I tweaked my back last Sunday...that means doing yoga and rowing. But today I did 6wk 6 pack. WIll do my second Buns and Thighs tomorrow!!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing fabulous!!!!! Was suppose to have a rest day today but my mom did the workout with me so this gave me a day 5 yay:bigsmile: I am getting a lot better with the moves and this is becoming a favorite workout for me so far. I am afraid of level 2 though because I saw her with a chair in one of the previews:noway: oh well hopefully level 1 will get me fully prepared for that fiasco:tongue: Let's do this ladies!!!!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    I did level 1 again, this time with 3lb ankle weights - ouch, especially during the plank to squats and high knees. Burned more though, 320 cals. Followed it up with ripped in 30 week 4 after an hour break

I use Jillian Michael calves weights and ouch is right doing planks to squats and high knees. I literally be in tears. It also burns my inner thighs like crap while doing the inner thighs moves ,(the ones where she have you open your legs at a angel and get on your tip toes). Killer on the inner thighs.
  • Gemini_1980
    Options

I use Jillian Michael calves weights and ouch is right doing planks to squats and high knees. I literally be in tears. It also burns like crap while doing the inner thighs moves ,(the ones where she have you open your legs at a angel and get on your tip toes). Killer on the inner thighs.

OMG that inner thigh move is a beast:devil: especially the second time around. I might have to add those weights:happy: sounds like a great addition:happy:
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options

I use Jillian Michael calves weights and ouch is right doing planks to squats and high knees. I literally be in tears. It also burns like crap while doing the inner thighs moves ,(the ones where she have you open your legs at a angel and get on your tip toes). Killer on the inner thighs.

OMG that inner thigh move is a beast:devil: especially the second time around. I might have to add those weights:happy: sounds like a great addition:happy:

Get ready for one beastly burn with the weights, but you will luv it.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I have been trying to 'take it easy' this week because I tweaked my back last Sunday...that means doing yoga and rowing. But today I did 6wk 6 pack. WIll do my second Buns and Thighs tomorrow!!

Hope your back be feeling better so you can join us again. Are you doing a hybrid with 6wks/6pks abs & killer buns/thighs.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Rest day for me and I've eaten really bad today. Planning on getting back in gear tomorrow.

I ate bad today also cause my baby girl turn 18, I guess that mean she is not a baby anymore. We celebrated at a jazz festival and ate some high calories food.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Everyone is doing fabulous!!!!! Was suppose to have a rest day today but my mom did the workout with me so this gave me a day 5 yay:bigsmile: I am getting a lot better with the moves and this is becoming a favorite workout for me so far. I am afraid of level 2 though because I saw her with a chair in one of the previews:noway: oh well hopefully level 1 will get me fully prepared for that fiasco:tongue: Let's do this ladies!!!!

This is awesome that your mom did the workout. Yeah I am afraid of level two also, but our butts are going to be sexy so fear be gone. :tongue: Level one will prepare us for level two.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    WOW...this is an amazing workout and great communication we have..I am going to add ankle weights this today and the rest of the week...I feel the same way Gem...this is becoming one of my greatest workouts...Adding 6w/6p to mines this week Part.2 until i can find the DVD...This is on my demand so...
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION:

Just confirm what was brought to my attention...We OFFICIALLY started on Last Wednesday to confirm that everyone would have their DVD...which means he weeks will run Wednesday- Wednesday....So please note that..I know some had a head start on this but I just wanted to make sure we were all the same mindset....Now feel free those that started early if you feel like you been on level 1 when your 2 weeks is up go ahead and go to the next level..I will be Posting Week 2 this wednesday and we will updated and chat with one another there..Remember at the end of Level 1 we will be doing measurements AGAIN...Let me know if you have any questions..

NOW.....I did my 3rd workout on Jillian and my burn has come down alot..YEAH...and I am loving this DVD...now the chair stands, side plank, and sumo squats lifts are not getting easier but I am still excited for what it will bring.. Glad to have you ladies support and constant suggestions with what we can do..WE GOT THIS...Hope you all have a great day!
  • Gemini_1980
    Options

You did it and you are 10 minutes into a great workout so yay for you:bigsmile: that workout is no joke and if you need to work up to it then it sounds like you already have a plan in action:flowerforyou: rock it out girl:happy:
  • ShannonWinger
    Options

I ate bad today also cause my baby girl turn 18, I guess that mean she is not a baby anymore. We celebrated at a jazz festival and ate some high calories food.

LOL, we were both celebrating birthdays then! My baby girl just turned 5. :( They grow up too fast. Before long she'll be turning 18.
  • ShannonWinger
    Options
    I hope it's ok that I'm going through the levels earlier. I just like to keep my workouts mixed up. Did level 3 this morning and it is a MONSTER!! I'm going to be going through all three levels and maybe throwing in one of her other workouts in here and there. This is an excellent workout!