What irks you today?

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    People who complain they are lonely and bored lonely and bored lonely and bored, for years... yet don’t bother to do anything about it but complain. Get a job, join a team, go play bingo, you will meet people.
    Instead you would rather sit around and be pitiful.

Also the internet isn’t a substitute for real life.

The internet actually can be a good place to get a real life. It's pretty easy to meet people. Dangerous....but easy! :)

Only they don’t use it to meet people in real life.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,722 Member
    Close minded people. Arrogant people who are close minded.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Currently: the cold weather. I really don't enjoy cold weather. It dries out my skin (which makes it hurt) and I hate feeling the cold on my face. I also despise having to put on three layers just to feel comfortable enough to walk to the store or to school (about a 5 - 10 min. walk).
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 8,147 Member
    Not much,
    unless I sit and ponder things then I’ll have a whole list.
  • honey_honey_12
    The glacial speed of this website
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 892 Member
    This may irk me for days to come, but I had my screen protector replaced the other day. It looked all smooth when he put it on. When I looked at my phone I noticed a circle that I thought would align with something once I use my phone.

The circle doesn't align with anything! Not the call/answer button, no numbers, nothing that's useful to me. Just a random circle that's visible at most angles.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,209 Member
    Rain.. The rain irks me today
  • ReenieHJ
    sooooo much snow
  • honey_honey_12
    traffic,
    today I was in Monster Truck mode.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 11,582 Member
    Waiting... I have no patience when I'm tired
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Stupid meetings, a sore neck, and so much waiting
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 11,582 Member
    edited February 12
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Stupid meetings, a sore neck, and so much waiting

That's the same kind of waiting I was irked by
  • ReenieHJ
    Our latest oil bill. Holy Mackerel. It's never been this high. :(
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 25,653 Member
    We never get snow, that's what
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 729 Member
    @eatpolerepeat Come to Colorado; we’ll share! We got 8-9” last night!
  • ReenieHJ
    My lack of willpower. :( DH was very thoughtful and kind and bought me a pint of Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream yesterday. He knows I've been staying on a much healthier way of eating since the holidays??? He said he'd eat it but I know me. It wouldn't make it through another day of sitting in the freezer.

And it didn't. :(
  • eatpolerepeat
    eatpolerepeat Posts: 25,653 Member
    @eatpolerepeat Come to Colorado; we’ll share! We got 8-9” last night!

8 to 9 huh.... lucky you 😏
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 125 Member
    The push for women in STEM. If they don't want to take computer science in college, stop pressuring them. Those who do are welcome with open arms and a plethora of support. At this point it's just shaming the women who aren't interested. Let women pursue what they want! Stop pushing them!
  • ReenieHJ
    I am SO mad right now I am spitting nails. Some of you might remember I mailed a Christmas package in Dec. to my dd and I insured it for 600 bucks. It got sent to a recovery center one city over from Seattle. So we filed the missing package claim, then I filed the insurance claim a few weeks ago. It was challenging to get any receipts together but I did have some. Plus I wrote them a letter, detailing every single thing that was in that package. Postage alone was $70. Plus the estimated cost of contents was $542. I just got a notice I'd be getting 15 effin bucks. Yep, 15.

WTF???
    I have to appeal but don't have the first clue on how to do that. :( Plus obviously, I'll have to calm down first.