Options

Replies

• Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi belly burners.

You're all doing really well!

@miss_shinobi: Outstanding!!
    @jen: you're right coconut milk has a crazy about of calories but its so good for you!
    @armaretta: I think you've inspired me to knoit something...Lol...I learned how when I was 11 not sure if I even remember how to hold the needles....Hmmm...that might create a challenge.

Today was weight training day (plus interval running) and it was ladies night at the gym. Its always so much fun when its just us girls..Lol. Its like a proper night out without the calories!

Total today : 627.

Check back in a bit!:smile:

oh and @skinnyinnotime: that smiley is absolutely eating his tears..Lol!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    @skinny - Wow! Even pregnant she still was moving! I'm going to add some of her videos in as well! Some of my favorite are from the ZumbaSistas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBq5J3Xph8k&feature=player_detailpage
    And then this one doesn't have much indication of when they switch direction, but once you can follow it, it definitely gets your heart rate up and sweating.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnMYxUK-40&feature=player_detailpage

And then for Zumba Toning:

This one works the abs and I barely made it through the whole thing! It was tough! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRs9g7JIZUA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPToi_p6wI4&feature=related

Needless to say I am sore this morning! I'll probably end up doing more Zumba Toning tonight or yoga. I haven't decided which yet. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for the links will have a look at those, especially the ab one!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Back with my daily burn, Insanity pure cardio 40 mins and cardio abs 20 mins, total 541 calories.

It's saturday night and i've earnt myself some beer calories lol! Cheers guys!!:drinker:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm in and my belly will be out! xD
    I just joined few days ago, and have never been 'in' something, so I don't know what the procedure is..
    will there be certain training you propose that everyone can follow, and a scheme like twice a day or such?

:bigsmile:

This goes for me too. Need to trim the tum and would like friendly support, but no idea how this bit works. Certainly not a clue what 30DS is. Sorry, thick in the brain as well as the belly.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    I'm in and my belly will be out! xD
    I just joined few days ago, and have never been 'in' something, so I don't know what the procedure is..
    will there be certain training you propose that everyone can follow, and a scheme like twice a day or such?

:bigsmile:

This goes for me too. Need to trim the tum and would like friendly support, but no idea how this bit works. Certainly not a clue what 30DS is. Sorry, thick in the brain as well as the belly.

Hi! We're choosing to do whatever exercise we want to do and posting daily how many calories we've burnt through working out. Then on a Tuesday we post our total of calories burnt for the past week.

We've taken measurements of our natural waist, belly button and hips and also posting results of any change on tuesdays.

30ds is The 30 Day Shred workout dvd by Jillian Michaels.

Welcome and good luck!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Did JM 6wk6pk + ran/jogged. Total burn according to Polar is 470, total according to BM is 313. HUGE difference! I'm thinking the Polar is closer to correct this time. I'm not sure the accelerometer in the BM can pick up the effort required for Jillian! I'll think in my head somewhere in the middle around 400 probably. I might just start using the average between the two. What you guys think?
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    Haven't burned any actual exercise calories but had a garage sale today in the heat and was on my feet running around alld ay then came home and played outside with the kids... I was so hungry I ate a whole footlong sub from subway but thats pretty much all I have had today and my coffee! :) OO and friday I didn't have time to do exercise so I decided while I was doing others I would like walk doing lunges and do squats and so on throughout the day! OUCH my legs are killing me today!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, checking in again. This week has been a rough week for me. I've been invited out to eat 3 times the last two i did okay on my calories, but today i didn't do as well. We went to an ice cream place that also served real food. Not only did I have a chili cheese dog, but also ice cream... :( That was lunch. I end up with only 79 calories left over for dinner, but I managed to do some toning zumba and burned 329 calories. I'll probably end up doing something else tonight as well!

@Malissa - lunges and squats ALWAYS kill me! It's probably why I end up dreading them b/c I dread the pain that comes after them.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some motivated ladies here! You all inspire me to try harder. Today I will be moving offices, so shifting furniture (lots of it!). I do believe that's in the list of cardio on MFP! Good thing cos i don't have my HRM here.

Then tonight i'll go for a Jillian of some sort. Gotta build up some credit cos i'm having the other half of my prawn red curry/coconut milk tonight, mega-cals!

Armaretta don't over-think it on the numbers, but 6w6sp + a run sounds closer to the higher burn to me, it's a quite cardio-heavy for an ab workout. Good tho isn't it? I'm starting to see abs. Sorry to hear your girls are reducing, hope you have more to spare than me!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Amaretta, I don't think your BM has given you enough for that kind of working out, I'd go with the hrm for sure.

acarter, you've done so well on your cals after eating out 3 times!!

Jen, good luck with your office move.
  • armaretta
    Options
    Amaretta, I don't think your BM has given you enough for that kind of working out, I'd go with the hrm for sure.

acarter, you've done so well on your cals after eating out 3 times!!

Jen, good luck with your office move.
    Thanks Jen and Skinny! I'm an obsessive number cruncher and a little OCD about somethings.
    Great job acarter and Malissa! It's all about getting moving and burning what you can! Since getting my BM, I've found that the little things really do add up quite a bit, so don't short-change yourself!

Enjoy that coconut curry jen, that's one of my favorites!
  • armaretta
    Options
    Jen! Did you say you are starting to see abs coming in? That's amazingly exciting. Congrats :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You must post pictures of your progress soon!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Rest day for me today but went out today, farmers market and park so am logging 90 mins of walking @ 240 cals.

Yeah Jen, we want pics of those abs!!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Helloooo everybody! I've only been gone three days and there's so much to catch up on! I've read back over the last few pages, and you all seem to be doing really well. Drink those tears, girls (unless there's too much sodium in them). :drinker: :cry:

And nice to see lots of new people here too. :flowerforyou:

It was good for me to be at my friend's wedding; just for the day, I remembered there are far more important things than calories, (yes, @armaretta, I get far too engrossed in the numbers myself) and I was able to relax into the lovi-doviness of the occasion - helped along by champagne, good food and good company.

But now it's back to work, so, Jillian, here I come!
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!

Did YOGA today ----first time in ages ----for a calorie burn of 146 in 40 minutes.

I so forgot how hard yoga can be!! It was good though plus I got in some light strength training and lunges----oh my @acarter ---lunges really do hurt!!

I shall have to practice
    somehow I don't tink this constant stumbling around that I did today is part of the routine..Lol!!

Everyone's working really hard----HIGH 5!!

@Jen: Fabulous that you're starting to see abs!! How exciting is that.
    @acarter: Eating out and staill staying under -- that is something!
    @Maggie: Welcome back!! Great you had such a lovely time!
    @armetta: I'm becoming a number cruncher too and I have to really have a think about a 'new' food before I have it just in case the numbers aren't right---think I'm becoming somewhat obsessive! I think the word 'disciplined' sounds better don't you?.

Be back in bit to see what's going on:smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Pics might have to wait, i may have scared the abs away! i went over again today, got home from work and my joints were killing me, and totally ran out of steam after my last day of work. But 1 month off now! Sooo lucky.

But yes, the (beginnings of) abs are only upper, and oblique, and in good lighting!!! I still have the podge over my lower belly unfortunately, so i'll stick around here for a long while yet.

Will try for a Jillian tomorrow after my day of runnng around picking up wedding dress, insuring car, traffic dept, dying hair....

Hi all, welcome back Maggie after your mini-break!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Well, this evening I did No more trouble zones for 276 cals, then belly dancing for 323 cals, total 599.

High 5 back at you, Frannswaz - I like the word disciplined very much! :smile:

Jen, I am with you; I'm not ready for tummy pics yet either. But oh, a month off - how wonderful! And all the wedding preparation might sound a bit tedious, but I'm guessing you're just a wee bit excited too? Just think, pretty soon you'll be ... :love:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back Maggie!
    I rested yesterday so nothing to report there and today I did a simple walk for 279 calories nothing big. However I have gone over calories all weekend. Bf wanted Chilis and we got ice cream, we hadn't gotten any in a while so I had too :P Plus I had remaining ice cream Sat so also went over :( I'm starting to think I need my rest day during the week and work my butt off on weekends LOL.
  • armaretta
    Options
    I'm down 0.6 lbs today. I'm thinking that was water retention from TOM. Looks like I did a good job losing during TOM, but water retention made it look like nothing was going on! I suppose that's some sort of victory. Static during the TOM is better than the normal 2-4lbs of gain!

I ran for 337 calories. I think the BM said something like 318, so that was pretty close. I think it registers the large movement exercises pretty well, but might be lacking in some of the isometric strength measurements. great job everyone! Welcome back maggie!

@Fran: I agree, discipline definitely sounds better!

@jen: How much longer til the big day?
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jen on the beginnings of abs!

Welcome back Maggie!

@jrhstarlight- I'm the complete opposite of you! On the weekends I barely eat all of my calories, but through the week I workout a lot so that I won't go over!

Today wasn't an impressive burn. I decided to add in something different and try the kickboxing bootcamp dvd. I did 10 minutes and burned 140 calories. I was just having an ultimate lazy day today, but I forced myself to do something instead of calling it an unofficial rest day.