Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been M.I.A. for a while because I wasn't feeling well so of course my calories burned for the week came in at only 898. Aside from that here are my measurements for the week:

Previous Measurements:
    Waist: 41
    Belly button: 41.5
    hips: 47

Measurements today:
    Waist: 38.5
    Belly button 41.5
    hips: 45

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll log later how my work out goes for the day :)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome inches lost considering only a little exercise! You must tell us your secret :wink: and we'll all be doing it!
  • acarter33664
    Options
    @Jenlwb - I was surprised as well! The entire week's workout consited of running on the elliptical, Zumba (from youtube - at the moment saving up for the dvds) and some crunches with weights, a few squats and some upper body work. That was maybe a three day span of workouts. I even lost 3 more pounds (even with going over my calories one day and sticking to them the rest!)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    WOW great results Cookie, Malissa and acarter!!! Come on, I'm also dying to know, tell us what's your secret?????????????????
  • Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    cantaloupe is a melon right?

Well here goes my results:

Weight: about the same, but feel a lot more toned, and starting to see abs!

Measurements:
    upper waitst from 28.5 to 28- lost half an inch
    belly button from 30 to 31???????
    below belly button 32 (1st time measuring here)
    hips still 36

Calories 1870- which is about what Franz burns in a day!!!

I have discovered i'm very limited by my joints. for example after 45 mins on the bke last night my knees aren't happy today. If it was a muscular ache i would push though, but with joint pain i feel like that would be detrimental. we have a history of osteo-arthritis in my family, i have it in my hips, mum had her first replacement at about 58. I'm a bit mindful of avoiding this.

Just means i can't eat as much!

Lol....1870 in a day. To be honest these days I'm finding it a chore to eat my exercise calories. I'm fine with my pre-exercise goal but I know I have to eat the extra calories because I tried not eating them and gained weight
    that was not cool!!

So you lost inches which is GREAT never mind where from. Maggie also wrote about a gain as well. I told my thoughts on that but not quite sure it makes total sense what I wrote so I'm doing some research to see what I can figure out.

You did good though some lesser mortals would have used the joint discomfort as an excuse I think you're really great to still get 'stuck in' but sensibly. I really admire that. YOu roCK!! :smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been M.I.A. for a while because I wasn't feeling well so of course my calories burned for the week came in at only 898. Aside from that here are my measurements for the week:

Previous Measurements:
    Waist: 41
    Belly button: 41.5
    hips: 47

Measurements today:
    Waist: 38.5
    Belly button 41.5
    hips: 45

I hope everyone has a great day! I'll log later how my work out goes for the day :)

Well HELLO
    you did real good....you lost INCHES!!!!

We are PROUD of you girlie girl!!:smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    :smile: Hey cookie241
    that's BRILLIANT!!
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    @amaretta: Ya burned the belly that's for sure. :laugh: An inch off is FAB-u-lous!! I think I will try to monitor my potassium intake because just as it happens I've had more potassium rich foods this month and haven't had too much of a problem with the dreaded bloat.
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    So everyone did really well this week
    some of us have to tell the rest of us the belly burn secret with such excellent results with whole inches lost. Hope you're proud!!

BRING On to Week 2!! :smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks Frannswaz! I really would like to go nuts like the rest of you gals, but will continue to be sensible.

Kind of pushed for time at the mo too, only just over a week till we go away for most of a month, and tons to do. I'm concerned about not being on MFP for a while, it's quite an addiction isn't it?! Separation anxiety... I know my monitoring will have to go out the window, but I'll be more physically active than in my working life, so hope things won't get out of control. Looking forward to some scuba diving if we can, and that's a mega-workout! Shame my HRM won't do 30 metre depths.

Exercise is addictive!
  • kagome5555
    kagome5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me in. That's the fat i want to lose the most!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Thanks Frannswaz! I really would like to go nuts like the rest of you gals, but will continue to be sensible.

Kind of pushed for time at the mo too, only just over a week till we go away for most of a month, and tons to do. I'm concerned about not being on MFP for a while, it's quite an addiction isn't it?! Separation anxiety... I know my monitoring will have to go out the window, but I'll be more physically active than in my working life, so hope things won't get out of control. Looking forward to some scuba diving if we can, and that's a mega-workout! Shame my HRM won't do 30 metre depths.

Exercise is addictive!

Just make sure you come back to us!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    So todays burn is, Insanity Pure Cardio 411, walking 160, total 571.

Amaretta forgot to say congrats on your inch losss too, well done....exactly how much potassium does one need to make a difference? My belly always looks bloated :ohwell:
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Count me in. That's the fat i want to lose the most!

Yay, come and burn that belly with us!!
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Yeah I agree with skinnyinnotime
    just make sure to come back to us we want to hear all about the fun you're going to be having !!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    So many things to reply to – I’m doing it in a word document and copying it in!

First of all, big congratulations to everybody who has stuck with it, whether you’ve lost, gained, or stayed the same. I’m sure it will pay off in the long run.

Thanks, whoever it was who told me that a canteloupe is a melon! There was me, thinking I was going to try an exotic new fruit!

Thanks, acg67 for the input on muscle gain. It could be memory with me as I used to do quite a bit of weight training, but it was a few years ago. Not sure if my muscles would remember that far back, lol!

Welcome back, acarter, and wow! What a performance!

Jen, I agree with Frannswaz – you’ve got a great attitude; you are the one who knows her own body, and what you can and can’t do, and you are doing so well within those paramaters. We’re going to miss you when you are away. We’ll expect a full report of course, especially on the scuba diving!

Armaretta, I’ve been suffering quite a bit from cramp in the feet at night recently, and guess what? Everybody says potassium helps to prevent it! So seems like it might be a wonder-food. More bananas for me, for a start.

Frannswaz; do you mind me asking why it’s difficult to eat those calories? Is it because you feel stuffed, or something else?

And well done as usual, Skinny who is suffering from insanity!

As for me, I burnt 900 and something today; cross-country skiing (no,not really,it was the bike again), very brisk walking and ‘Banish Fat Boost Metabolism’.

OK, night night everybody. See you tomorrow. x
  • acarter33664
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and congrats. It feels really good to have people that understand even the smallest improvements are a victory. Today was elliptical day for me! I did 50 minutes and burned 625 calories for the day. Good luck everyone and keep up the amazing jobs! And Jen have a wonderful time but definitely come back to us!!!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    OK so reporting in for today. I burned 660 calories doing 1 mile walk and 30DS lvl 2 and 1. I wanted to do something else but not so sure I should I still have a lot to eat and more exercise means more food LOL so prolly going to take it easy for the rest of the day :)
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    Today I burned 288 calories doing 50 minutes of Pilates! I might do some cardio later but probably not because I have a hard time to going ot sleep after that!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    So todays burn is, Insanity Pure Cardio 411, walking 160, total 571.

Amaretta forgot to say congrats on your inch losss too, well done....exactly how much potassium does one need to make a difference? My belly always looks bloated :ohwell:
    I read a source somewhere that you should have 1.5 to 2 times the potassium as sodium. I try to keep most of my potassium from foods. doesn't seem healthy to me to take the extra supplements. I weighed the same this afternoon as this morning (I weight several times a day. I"m obsessive. I've accepted this :laugh: ). This means that some of my lack of loss HAS been hiding under water weight from TOM (inevitable not matter how much potassium I have), but maybe I haven't gained as much water weight as usual, so I've bloated at the same rate as fat loss, or nearly the same. Also, the girls have lost an inch as well (maybe more :ohwell: )

Eating a slightly earlier dinner, then exercising, so i'll check in with that later.

Great job acarter!!!!!! Very impressive!

I hope you have a fantabulous time Jen! (I make up my own words to express extreme enthusiasm sometimes :happy: )