Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• Frannswaz
    Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    RESULTS!

Calorie burn for the week: 4536

Old waist: 28 inches New waist: 28.5 inches (how did THAT happen???)

Old BB: 29 inches New BB: 30.5 inches (and that???!!!!)

Old BB (+ 2 inches down): 33.5 inches New BB (+ 2): 34 inches (What??????)

Old hips: 35 New hips:35 (at least my hips are the same)

OMG - that wasn't supposed to happen! I'd welcome your views, but what I'm wondering is, in light of the fact that I've lost weight, am I actually building muscle under the fat through all the exercise?

But the biggest shock of all is that I lost 1.4 pounds since last Tuesday! Proof of 2 things: 1) It certainly is possible to lose while eating all your exercise calories, and 2) I need to up my calories! I had another ravenous day yesterday and am really, really hungry now as I type - after breakfast!!! Don't know what the heck is going on, but I know I need more food!

4536 calories in a week!

That's 648 per day on average
    and 27 calories and hour just for this challenge!!

So that's really impressive!

As you are so close to your goal; you've lost another 1.4 pounds this week and you've been hungry I agree it would be good to up your calories.

As for the measurements I think that is probaly the water that your muscles have held onto during your week of exercise. Since you've been burning those muscles to repair them your body has drawn water to those tissues that's why the extra .5 of an inch. You can't build muscle in a week but you can certainly burn them enough to force water to them to help with the repair and rebuilding process. Plus because you don't have much fat overall it would take more than a week to to force your body to drop fat from your mid section especially since your body decides where its going to take fat from.

I think though that once you up your calories your body will be a lot more 'enthused' about letting go of the mid-section padding which is quite 'light' in the circumstances.

I'm no expert but that's what I think:smile:
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    MY RESULTS: Burn the belly Challenge

Ribcage: 28 ¾ No change

Waist: 27 No change

Belly: 29 ¾ - 1/4 inch reduction

Hips – 38 ½ No change

Total calories burned: 4571
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Frannswaz - I'm sure you're right; it would explain things well. I remembered after posting that in theroy it is not possible to build muscle while on a calorie deficit, so there has to be another explanation. What about your results?

Ah, crossed!
  • MissMaggie3
    Options

Hips – 38 ½ No change

Well, you beat me on calories. So the gauntlet is now down; I'll give you a run for your money this week, tee hee!
  • Frannswaz
    Options

Hips – 38 ½ No change

Well, you beat me on calories. So the gauntlet is now down; I'll give you a run for your money this week, tee hee!

Lol....might I add by the narrowest of margins. Now that the TOM is almost out the door...time for some proper stuff!!
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Thanks @Frannswaz - I'm sure you're right; it would explain things well. I remembered after posting that in theroy it is not possible to build muscle while on a calorie deficit, so there has to be another explanation. What about your results?

Ah, crossed!

That's true about not gaining muscle on a deficit I remember reading that too...I forgot that.

Hmmm but if you're not building it you must at least be working it hard which should still mean repair and increased water absorption. I'm going to have another look around the message boards and the internet see what I can find...now I'm curious..Lol.:smile:
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    cantaloupe is a melon right?

Well here goes my results:

Weight: about the same, but feel a lot more toned, and starting to see abs!

Measurements:
    upper waitst from 28.5 to 28- lost half an inch
    belly button from 30 to 31???????
    below belly button 32 (1st time measuring here)
    hips still 36

Calories 1870- which is about what Franz burns in a day!!!

I have discovered i'm very limited by my joints. for example after 45 mins on the bke last night my knees aren't happy today. If it was a muscular ache i would push though, but with joint pain i feel like that would be detrimental. we have a history of osteo-arthritis in my family, i have it in my hips, mum had her first replacement at about 58. I'm a bit mindful of avoiding this.

Just means i can't eat as much!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Wow so much to catch up on!!

Kanzz, why don't you try a class of each one and see which one suits you best?

Malissa (sorry if I spelt that wrong from memory) - phew!!

Maggie and Frannswaz great totall burn ladies!!:drinker:

Maggie, definately up those calories your body clearly needs them by telling you it's hungry!!

I just know my measurements haven't changed without even taking them...will check in a minute and add up my burnt cals too.

Welcome to our new member!!:happy:

Oh and I find not being able to build muscle at a calorie deficit confusing, as my shoulders were definately more muscly after doing the Shred and I was on a calorie deficit then??!:huh:

Be back with my results soon...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    ...back again. As suspected no change on the measurements. Total weekly calorie burn was 2819, which i'm very happy with. :happy:

Maggie, forgot to say a canteloupe is a melon.
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    "Oh and I find not being able to build muscle at a calorie deficit confusing, as my shoulders were definately more muscly after doing the Shred and I was on a calorie deficit then??! "

Yeah, skinnny, I've been a bit unconvinced by that myself, as I think my biceps are pretty solid now compared to a few months ago. Have been meaning to follow up on that for a while.
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    great work everyone! Maggie, I agree with franz, I think the little changes in measurements are water in your muscles from working so hard.

This weeks results
    Weight: 132.6 (0.4lbs less, which is very surprising since I'm usually bloated 2-4 lbs this time of the month)
    Waist: 27(same)
    Belly button: 29 (same)
    Below Belly button: 31(1 inch loss, :noway: seems hard to believe! I must have measured wrong, but my husband insists he can see a little difference!)
    Hips: 37 (same)

Total burn: 3074
    Avg/day: 439.14
    Avg/workout: 614.8

The lack of a large bloat is a nice surprise. Maybe it's my adjustments to potassium? I should have squeeze in one more workout this week, but alas, scheduling didn't allow. I will try to do better this week. Two more days till i get my BodyMedia!

So far, it looks like the weekly winner is franz! Still have to hear back from everyone else!
  • armaretta
    Options
    "Oh and I find not being able to build muscle at a calorie deficit confusing, as my shoulders were definately more muscly after doing the Shred and I was on a calorie deficit then??! "

Yeah, skinnny, I've been a bit unconvinced by that myself, as I think my biceps are pretty solid now compared to a few months ago. Have been meaning to follow up on that for a while.

I think its supposed to be difficult, but not impossible, and certainly easier on a calorie surplus.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI just checking in with measurements

starting measurements

Waist - 32
    Belly button - 40
    Hips - 32 ( should have been 42 not 32 i wish)

Todays Measurements

Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 38
    Hips - 40
    some great inch loss there hoping its down to doing the shred more consecutively just done day 7 today.

Total calorie burn 3782 so i'm really pleased with that too. Size 12 jeans here i come hopefully soon.

Also lost 1.4lbs
  • MissMaggie3
    Options
    Wow! @cookie241, that's brilliant!
  • Malissa8126
    Options
    First thanks everyone for the congrats!

Amaretta- I have an IUD and they say you sometimes don't get a TOM. But you may no physically get it but I believe that my body still thought it was because look at my results!

Caloires burned 1355

Lost 2.2lbs
    Waist-same
    Bellybutton-Lost 2" 37.5-35.5
    In Between- Lost 1" 38-37
    Hips-lost .5" 41-40.5

WOOO HOOO!!!!
  • armaretta
    Options
    First thanks everyone for the congrats!

Amaretta- I have an IUD and they say you sometimes don't get a TOM. But you may no physically get it but I believe that my body still thought it was because look at my results!

Caloires burned 1355

Lost 2.2lbs
    Waist-same
    Bellybutton-Lost 2" 37.5-35.5
    In Between- Lost 1" 38-37
    Hips-lost .5" 41-40.5

WOOO HOOO!!!!
    great losses!
  • armaretta
    Options
    HI just checking in with measurements

starting measurements

Waist - 32
    Belly button - 40
    Hips - 32 ( should have been 42 not 32 i wish)

Todays Measurements

Waist - 31
    Belly Button - 38
    Hips - 40
    some great inch loss there hoping its down to doing the shred more consecutively just done day 7 today.

Total calorie burn 3782 so i'm really pleased with that too. Size 12 jeans here i come hopefully soon.

Also lost 1.4lbs
    way to burn the belly!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Wow great job ladies!
    @Maggie I have no input on the increase, so sorry :( but the water weight sounds very possible.

However my weigh in day is actually Thursday but I stepped on the scale this morning just t= make sure my numbers weren't crazy. And as of today it claims I have lost 1 lb but I will find out for sure Thurs LOL. My measurement were no shock they were the same :(
    My calories burn from Tues to Tues was 3030.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Oh and I find not being able to build muscle at a calorie deficit confusing, as my shoulders were definately more muscly after doing the Shred and I was on a calorie deficit then??!:huh:

I'll join all the 'yay's on this one- I've definitely built some muscle too, esp on the shoulders.

Everyone's done so well! Some really good results.
    I've had a bit of a mad day, had to pick my car up from a garage miles away, got stuck in crazy traffic, running late for work tonight, only had time for my quick 12 min shaping abs dvd :sad: will try for some stairs later if work's not too manic.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I'll join all the 'yay's on this one- I've definitely built some muscle too, esp on the shoulders.

Everyone's done so well! Some really good results.
    I've had a bit of a mad day, had to pick my car up from a garage miles away, got stuck in crazy traffic, running late for work tonight, only had time for my quick 12 min shaping abs dvd :sad: will try for some stairs later if work's not too manic.

it can be done, but really only happens in certain situations; you're a beginner to resistance training, you've had a long layoff to lifting and just starting again (muscle memory) or you're obese