Burn The Belly

Options

Replies

• Malissa8126
    Options
    Hi All,
    I see everyone reporting chilli climates and I'm jealous! Down south it's terribly hot! I was sweating so badly, I thought I had worked out and really all I did was step outside! Yesterday was my off day, but today I worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes and burned 376 calories.

I actuallty live in TN yesterday was finally a chili day LOL, but next week back to high 80's :) I was just making a jump start since I was craving my veggie soup!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing a great job. I love this group everyone is so supportive and talkative, I joined another group before where we never interacted :( not much help there.
    @armaretta i would love to have something like your gadget to see what I really burn all day I know that is cool. My cousin has been knitting too. She just learned how to do socks and washcloths and has done hats too.
    @acarter I feel you too I'm in CA so its pretty warm here too not sure if I will see cold temps :( but then again thats ok with me I don't like being too cold lol

@ JenThe Killer Buns workout is 40 minutes. On one hand obviously if you weigh more you burn more and I may not have the best HRM but I like it. I know people swear by having a chest strap mine doesn't and the one I had before this didn't either but I still believe it gives me a pretty accurate burn. It may be a bit high at times but it can't be too bad usually its higher than what mfp estimates but not by loads.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Amaretta I'm intrigued by your new gadget, very interested in hearing you've burnt so much more than you realised, things like that can slow down your weight loss can't they. Must be so frustating to be doing your best and have little or no results to show for it.

Malissa, it' s funny how soup and colder weather go hand in hand, hope you enjoyed it.

Shinobi, congrats on the inches lost!

We've had another gorgeous day in London! Hubby was off work today so we went out for most of the day, did lots of walking and had a lovely lunch.

Going Insane in a few mins, will be back with my burns of the day...
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, 482 for me. Quite high by my standards. Did lots of shopping then had a Wii zumba. Day off tomorrow, it's my 1st day shift, so will have to take it easy on the food tomorrow.

Wot i have learned today: if you're way under on your cals, or have worked out wayyyy to hard, make something with coconut milk- holy crap it's high cal. I'll have to remember for those occasional days when i'm being a little too good.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Today I burnt 402 on Insanity and 240 on walking, total 642.

When i'm not wearing my hrm whilst walking I always put a lower time down in case mfp overestimates, so today I walked for 2.5 hours but put down 1.5....or do you think that's the wrong thing to do?
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Today only 191 calories for 30 mins of dancing, but I'm probably not done! I'm going out to dinner with friends. Working off some of what I ate may be in order, so tonight I'll probably have more to report. Hope everyone is having a great Friday :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Today only 191 calories for 30 mins of dancing, but I'm probably not done! I'm going out to dinner with friends. Working off some of what I ate may be in order, so tonight I'll probably have more to report. Hope everyone is having a great Friday :)

It's funny to think how many different timescales we're on, you're still to go out for dinner....here in London it's gone 11pm!!
  • acarter33664
    Options

It's funny to think how many different timescales we're on, you're still to go out for dinner....here in London it's gone 11pm!!

LOL True! its only a little after 5pm here! When your day is ending I'm smack in the middle of mine lol
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ok 3rd day of KBT with 454 calories burnt today. Thats all I did again. Now my bf said we are prolly going to eat Chili's tonight MMMM but yes I will go over my calories lol. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm totally in!
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    When i'm not wearing my hrm whilst walking I always put a lower time down in case mfp overestimates, so today I walked for 2.5 hours but put down 1.5....or do you think that's the wrong thing to do?
    Skinny i used to do that, but since having the hrm i've noticed the walking cals seems pretty accurate on mfp.

Acarter- have fun, it's 0530 am here and i'm just getting up for work!!!
  • brandimarie6
    Options
    count me in my belly is the only place that has actual fat on me the only reason my arms and legs have a little fat i s bc i havent ran for a while or did push ups and stuff for a while lol
  • acarter33664
    Options
    Dinner tonight was great! We had Mexican food and at the restaurant I discovered a tiny box at the top of the menu...it was the "Lite" menu! That made me happy. I didn't go over my calories, but wond up eating a bit more of my exercise calories than I planned so I did another 30 minutes of dancing bringing the days calories to 382. I feel like I worked hard! Normally I do the zumba videos (via Youtube) but tonight on Youtube I found Toning Zumba with weights. I have a feeling soreness will be the theme for tomorrow!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Took the evening off. MFP says I'm 266 over my goal (slightly over maintenance). BM says I'm under by more than 560 not even counting the 120 I'll burn sleeping the last two hours til midnight!). Quite a difference! Maybe I lead a more active lifestyle than I thought? I think I might still give it a few days to confirm consistency.
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Armaretta: http://www.livestrong.com/article/267555-foods-that-flush-sodium-out-of-the-body/
    Just saw that on another thread, confirms your potassium theory!

I've got a wheat bloated tum this morning, trying to flush with lots of water / green tea. Thought i'd better ease back into wheat, as it'll be unavoidable on holiday!

Toning Zumba with weights sounds good, although with my internet connection i might be standing around for a few mins at a time as it buffers :ohwell:
  • Fatmumasita
    Options
    Am I too late to join? My belly makes me look pregnant!
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options
    Dinner tonight was great! We had Mexican food and at the restaurant I discovered a tiny box at the top of the menu...it was the "Lite" menu! That made me happy. I didn't go over my calories, but wond up eating a bit more of my exercise calories than I planned so I did another 30 minutes of dancing bringing the days calories to 382. I feel like I worked hard! Normally I do the zumba videos (via Youtube) but tonight on Youtube I found Toning Zumba with weights. I have a feeling soreness will be the theme for tomorrow!

I also do zumba on youtube, do you have any favourites? I found this really mad girl, she has loads on there and she's even been running her classes whilst heavily pregnant, told you she's mad!!!! No way could I have done that whilst so pregnant!! Here's a link if you're interested in having a look http://www.youtube.com/user/ecuachic17#p/u/2/NaTnodvHJrA

Welcome to all our new comers!!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Armaretta: http://www.livestrong.com/article/267555-foods-that-flush-sodium-out-of-the-body/
    Just saw that on another thread, confirms your potassium theory!

I've got a wheat bloated tum this morning, trying to flush with lots of water / green tea. Thought i'd better ease back into wheat, as it'll be unavoidable on holiday!

Toning Zumba with weights sounds good, although with my internet connection i might be standing around for a few mins at a time as it buffers :ohwell:
    Thanks Jen! Great info! Also shows that too little sodium will make you retain sodium too! Wow! They cant make it easy, can they? Great job everyone! Welcome new peeps! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Day 2 on BM: Total burn 2464, ate 1756, took 9908 steps, 708 calorie deficit without exercise. Lost a full pound and another inch off "the girls" this week so far. MFP projected 0.5 loss, but the numbers from BM look like a more accurate projection. Loving my gadget so far! I'm only aiming for a 250cal deficit! It is looking like my deficit has been too large, which could explain why it am struggling to lose the last bits of my weight. I might have to change my lifestyle settings on MFP if this correlation continues! Funny, I almost feel like I'm cheating on MFP, :laugh:
  • acarter33664
    Options
    @Jen - Sometimes my internet does the whole buffering slowness too. Those days, I just load all the videos in different tabs for 30 minutes before I'm ready to workout. By the time I'm done stretching and ready to press play they all run smoothly.

@amaretta - congrats on the weightloss and the inches!

@skinny - Wow! Even pregnant she still was moving! I'm going to add some of her videos in as well! Some of my favorite are from the ZumbaSistas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBq5J3Xph8k&feature=player_detailpage
    And then this one doesn't have much indication of when they switch direction, but once you can follow it, it definitely gets your heart rate up and sweating.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnMYxUK-40&feature=player_detailpage

And then for Zumba Toning:

This one works the abs and I barely made it through the whole thing! It was tough! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRs9g7JIZUA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPToi_p6wI4&feature=related

Needless to say I am sore this morning! I'll probably end up doing more Zumba Toning tonight or yoga. I haven't decided which yet. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!