5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• pennysob
    pennysob Posts: 59 Member
    Fantastic..What plan did you follow?
  • valspaeth
    valspaeth Posts: 50 Member
    I love your progress pics, you can just see the major differences! By the by, where is that waterfall picture taken at if you don't mind me asking?!
    valspaeth wrote: »
    This is a before and during, as I'm definitely not finished yet! I have made significant progress though and figured I'd share. I'm 28 years old, 5'1", SW 213.6 pounds, CW 176.6, GW 130. I started tracking my calories and exercising on 1/1/21. I have been lifting heavy (following the Stronglifts 5x5 program), doing couch to 5k and quite a bit of hiking. The pictures outside are from about a year ago vs a few days ago, and the "official" progress pictures are from the end of January vs a few days ago. I am absolutely thrilled with my progress and never thought I'd make it this far!

lj0z6po0d4w6.jpg
    dgsomd4z32sx.jpg
    jcuslepn7hu8.jpg

Thank you!! Sorry I'm just seeing this, the waterfall picture was taken at Watkins Glen State Park in NY!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    @200Karen DDPYoga is a strength building yoga. I saw videos of testimonials on YouTube and it got me curious. I use an app but there are also dvds if you prefer that route. I can see and feel my body changing with the muscles I’m building. I have developed definite biceps that have a beautiful line when I flex and in my tummy it’s not just pillsbury dough boy anymore but I can feel some hard abs underneath the fluff LOL.

I eat pretty clean. Lots and lots of veggies and fruit and some lean meat and a little gluten free toast most mornings (gf because I have to, not because it’s healthier or better;) And I haven’t had a soda in almost a month(Diet Pepsi was my drink of choice and almost all I ever drank aside from coffee)
  • TxTiffani
    @plumwd idk why they’d censor a bikini…I see loads of bikini pics
  • lilleyorama
    lilleyorama Posts: 1 Member
    In 2017, I moved "across town" to take a new job, and decided it was time to make healthy changes in my life. I had been in an unhealthy relationship, and was eating and drinking way too much. I weighed nearly 170, the most I'd ever weighed (I'm 5'2"). The relationship ended when I moved, and once I was settled in my new place, I joined a gym, and started going 6 days a week (35-45 minutes cardio, and 15-20 minutes weight training). The progress was slow, but after a year and a half I'd gotten down to around 142. I felt amazing! All my clothes fit comfortably, I felt lean, and like my body could do anything I wanted it to. Fast forward to the pandemic - and a broken foot in October last year - and now I'm back up to 160. It's so discouraging. I'm in a new, healthy relationship, but I know I eat and drink more that I had in my "lean" days because we both love to either order in or go somewhere where we can eat outside. I struggle with depression, and I know, *logically*, that going to the gym will help, not just because it helps my brain chemistry, but because feeling fit again will lift my spirits (I know, I know, that's not supposed to matter). But I still can't seem to get out of bed in the morning to go. After work, I'm so tired that all I want to do is go home and eat dinner. Has anyone else struggled with this kind of situation? Any suggestions? Thank you for this thread - you're all super inspiring!
  • TxTiffani
    Welcome ladies! It’s so nice to have some new participation in the thread!!

@lilleyorama I have lost and regained as well and know that feeling of defeat:( You should be proud of yourself, tho, because here you are with the desire to be the best version of you!! Weight loss is mostly due to the calories in, so it’s ok if this is a season you feel you can’t fit workouts. Focus on tracking everything you eat and you should start seeing that weight come back off;)

@LeroyBunnycake i can’t wait to be 127!! I hit a new low for 2022 this morning at 140.0!! Pretty pumped to be close to the 130s!! My 40th bday is July 6th!

@katejpedersen i am right in the middle agewise at 139. I think with some tweaks we can all lose large amounts of weight. It mostly comes down to how much we eat. I just heard a weight loss scientist say on a video that working out is not very helpful in getting weight off but seems to be very helpful in maintaining one’s lower weight. I thought that was interesting. You may not get back to the shape of your younger athletic body but you can be the absolute best version of the 50 yr old you;) That’s what we are all aiming for…being the best us we can be right now!!
  • AlexEllaK
    AlexEllaK Posts: 28 Member
    Looking to find a new support network, as friends and family aren’t really supportive in the right way or at least in the way I want them to be, I mention going on a diet and all I get as a response is why you look fine.

Currently 139lbs, 5ft 3 and 4 months postpartum want to get down to 120-126lbs before the end of the summer ideally but realise this may be slightly ambitious.
  • TxTiffani
    Hi @AlexEllaK Congratulations on your new baby! First one? Finding balance after babies takes some time so give yourself grace;) Mine are now 10 & 12 but it took time to feel like I found my new normal:)

I don’t have any friends IRL either (besides my mom) to discuss my weight loss journey. It seems if you bring it up with any women they feel bad about themselves and start to make excuses for why they aren’t exercising or losing weight. That is not my intention at all so I stopped talking about it with friends and my husband listens but I can see his eyes glaze over LOL
  • LeroyBunnycake
    LeroyBunnycake Posts: 627 Member
    @AlexEllaK Hi & congrats on your new baby! I try not to use the word 'diet' for the reason you mentioned - instead I say I'm making different food choices, or trying to eat healthier, or wanting to feel more healthy overall. People mean well when they say, "you look fine" - but it's not always how we look but how we feel in our own skin.
    I second the suggestion that you try to be gentle with yourself - your body has gone through a major transition and needs to recover. And don't use celebrity moms as an example of how one's body should look 4 months after giving birth - we would all look like a million bucks if we had personal trainers, personal chefs, and a full-time nanny on our payroll!
  • AlexEllaK
    AlexEllaK Posts: 28 Member
    Hey @TxTiffani!
    It’s baby number two and to be honest after my first 3 years ago I never got back in to shape so there are some definite stubborn pounds to work through that have been hanging around 😂
    I completely u set stand what you mean about your husbands eyes glazing over mine is the same 😚

@LeroyBunnycake what you said about comparing yourself to Celebs is what I’m so bad for, Instagram is a killer for me. In my head I know it’s not realistic and probably edited as well but I still do it (silly really)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!