5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Jen2133 wrote: »
    a1nw2u6iae65.jpg

I am 5'2", age 53. In the before photo I was 143lbs and 109lbs on the left, just before I competed in a bodybuilding show. My normal weight is about 115-118lbs.

I lift weights, do Crossfit, run, mountain bike, cross country ski… and enjoy a glass of wine and the occasional cupcake :)

[edited by MFP Mods]

WOW
  • maie81
    maie81 Posts: 2 Member
    Jen2133 wrote: »
    a1nw2u6iae65.jpg

I am 5'2", age 53. In the before photo I was 143lbs and 109lbs on the left, just before I competed in a bodybuilding show. My normal weight is about 115-118lbs.

I lift weights, do Crossfit, run, mountain bike, cross country ski… and enjoy a glass of wine and the occasional cupcake :)

[edited by MFP Mods]

Amazing!!!! Good to know we can do this any any phase in our lives.
  • ch8nd13
    ch8nd13 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2021
    So inspiring to see all these posts. I am 5ft1.5" and CW=122. I want to be 115. I know it sounds like oh just 7lbs but trust me losing any weight for me is very hard esp being in early 40s now. Being a vegetarian cutting down on carbs and getting more protein is my biggest challenge. I used to be extremely active working out 5 days a week last year, I used MFP for a month last year when I was doing boot camp and it had helped. But had an injury in Nov and unable to exercise or run much now. I am on my recovery path and starting to slowly get back to jog. I started tracking using MFP for couple days now and trying to stay at 1200 calories which I am able to do but unable to stay below my carb goal daily. Hopefully I can get better at it and hit my target weight in summer. Seeing all the above transformation stories is motivating me. Thanks!
  • ch8nd13
    ch8nd13 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Ladies,

I'm 5'1" and actively started counting calories on 2/23 last year. Picked that day because my starting weight was 223. I've lost a little over 73 pounds and down to 149. Would like to lose another 20, I think. Went from an 18W pant to an 8-10 and 2X shirt to a M-L. For those just starting out, if I can do it, you can too!! One year from now, you could be in my position. Consistency, not perfection, is key. Happy to accept friend requests to support and encourage.

@allgaun MFP will not set your calorie intake to less than 1200. You can set it manually after using an online BMR calculator. You might have to be Premium to do this. I try to eat 800-1200 per day when in fat loss mode. I've taken many breaks this past year to avoid diet fatigue. I don't believe in "starvation mode" or people who say it's bad to eat less than 1200. My health is the best its been my entire adult life and really, have you ever seen a fat starving person??? My guess is that people who parrot this idea are probably not 5'1"!

So inpiring! Any pointers on how you lost the weight, did you focus on macros or just the calories?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!