Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

5’-5’3” girl success stories before & after

18910111214»

Replies

• Dead_DarlingDead_Darling Member Posts: 481 Member Member Posts: 481 Member
    Hi! I am 5ft 2ins, and my starting weight was around 220lbs. I was always going lifting weights at the gym, then I moved half way across the country to move in with my boyfriend. The weight piled onto my heaviest in over 15 years. I started lifting again in January last year, but I was very inconsistent throughout the year. My eating wasn't too bad and I somehow lost 21lbs and my goal this year is to be more consistent! I wouldn't mind going down to around 140lbs for now and see how it goes. I'm now lifting 5x a week and eating the same from last year. I also have PCOS and had the implant fitted in my arm in December, so now I have to work as doubly hard!
  • Une_PoireUne_Poire Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    judym3 wrote: »
    trying again....sigh. I'm 53 years old (where does metabolism go after 50?), 5'2". Down to 117lbs 5 years ago and back up to 132lbs, currently 126lbs. Would love to see 115 but will be happy to see 120. Walk everyday to reach 10K steps a day and try to do strength training 3 times a week. Track everything I eat but tend to fall short. Definately a long process, I tend to see little or no success on a weekly basis so trying to focus on long term. Congrats to everyones success!

I'm in a similar situation weight and age-wise, just slightly older... I miss the days of my 20s when I could eat without too much worry! have had success with WW before but hate to pay full price, so I move between that and MFP. I find it so much easier to maintain when I can run but am nursing an injury that is taking far longer than I expected to heal and haven't been able to run since November. I wasn't quite where I wanted to be then and have crept up a little since. And found over the last year that it was a little too easy to first have a glass of wine every dinner, and then later to start to refill the glass. So I am seriously cutting back on those tasty but empty calories right now. I've also found it easy to get a little casual in my tracking which doesn't help! Am 133, wanting to get back to 118-120, 5'3 when I stand up nice and straight :smile:

• Daisy_Girl2019Daisy_Girl2019 Member Posts: 208 Member Member Posts: 208 Member
    I have lost weight using this app before as a tool. Highest weight not pregnant was 170lb, maybe more. Lowest weight I got down was 125lb, then found out I am preggo with baby #2. I am postpartum 1 year now and down 139 lb. Goal weight is 115-120lbs. Wish me luck.

I am doing 1200 cal/day intermittently. 3 months on strict calorie counting, then 3 months off. I maintain within that 3 months off counting.
  • KetoKay91KetoKay91 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Jen2133 wrote: »
    a1nw2u6iae65.jpg

I am 5'2", age 53. In the before photo I was 143lbs and 109lbs on the left, just before I competed in a bodybuilding show. My normal weight is about 115-118lbs.

I lift weights, do Crossfit, run, mountain bike, cross country ski… and enjoy a glass of wine and the occasional cupcake :)

[edited by MFP Mods]

*jaw drop* you are goals! 😍