• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    Lisa: 🥰 your poem
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pip: 😲 OMG!!! That’s a biggie! You are one strong woman! Much love and positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

Later: Yay! You’re home! Kirby and Yogi will be so pleased.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Skim reading. Sorry if I missed anything important.

Knackered! Off to bed!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pip — DH says congratulations for kicking cancer. You are amazing and in our prayers. You are also a hero and a wonderful woman.

For those who don’t know, Pip has been a hero for a long time. She is a champion for her work against MS. Her work helps medical research and makes life better for many. Pip is a champion. DH says, “Here, here.”
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    B)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip — DH says congratulations for kicking cancer. You are amazing and in our prayers. You are also a hero and a wonderful woman.

Did they determine it was cancer? I feel like I missed something.

But yes, Pip is amazing! A great role model for all of us.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

For those who don’t know, Pip has been a hero for a long time. She is a champion for her work against MS. Her work helps medical research and makes life better for many. Pip is a champion. DH says, “Here, here.”

We won’t know if I have cancer or not until 3/23, my follow up appointment, I’ll let you know tho thanks for your kind words, love you both
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Busy day with household tasks and tidying up. Busy with errands, too. I plan to sleep well. May you all rest well. ❤️🧡💛💚💙
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Slept well. :D
    We are both happy with our decision to cancel. Now looking forward to Iceland.
    I looked in DH's study this morning and saw his camera, ipod, headphones all lined up on the coffee table, with their leads and chargers. :'( All my new medicines and new toiletries are arrayed in the bathroom, ready for packing up. I might do that anyway and just keep them for June. It's a bit like when someone has died and you keep seeing things that remind you.
    At least I had made a list on my phone this time. So will be less of a headache next time.

Our main connecting time is in the morning when I bring DH up a cup of tea soon after 7 am. I always wake up early. We sit in bed, hold hands, and have our best chats. Sometimes we argue, but not usually. We also talk a bit around 5-6 pm, when we are watching something calming and funny on TV. Lunchtime can be a chat time too. Otherwise, we spend much of the day apart, which suits us perfectly. :p>:) There are a few tv things we both like. Our go-to are recordings of A Place In The Sun, so we can whizz through the adverts. We always have lots of comments and advice for the participants. Otherwise we long for Vera, or Death in Paradise. Another favourite is QI, or Would I Lie to You. We always watch Bargain Hunt at lunchtime and are hugely annoyed when it's pushed out for Olympics, Tennis, or Royalty dying. Grrrrr! :#:sad:

Domestic bliss! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Well, my friends, breaking news- we have had to cancel the cruise.

Saga rang us at lunchtime to say that they have had to cancel the Italian leg of the trip, because the Italian government are not allowing cruise ships into port. Covid fears. Saga were putting on four more Spanish ports, but that was not alluring enough to us. The Pompeii, Sicily and Sardinia bit was the attraction.
    So we cancelled. Our money has been refunded.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Sorry. :(

Unfortunately things are still uncertain in the world.

I know Australia isn't all that keen on resuming cruises after the Ruby Princess cruise situation.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Hugs out to those having rough times and my admiration for those of you in caregiver roles. That has to be so difficult.

Happy birthday to the March birthday peeps.

Tina in CA

Being a caregiver is like living two people's lives all at once.

And thanks. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding Watching TV ...

My husband and I rarely turn the TV on before 5:30 pm on any day of the week. Usually I turn it on when I get home from work.

We have it on until somewhere between 10 and 11 pm. Usually shortly after my husband goes to bed (about 10 pm), I turn it off and put on music.

But neither of us sit and watch TV. That would be incredibly boring.

We are each surrounded by our laptops (yes, more than one for each of us). He reads the news. He likes to do that to see what's happening and because of his journalism background. I respond to posts on MFP (like what I'm doing now), browse Facebook, respond to emails, arrange appointments, sort out issues and situations, do paperwork, work on my cycling club stuff, etc. etc. etc. When commercials come on, I often get up to put away laundry or give the bathroom a bit of a clean or take Rhody out or bring Rhody in or weed the garden a bit or colour in my colouring books, etc. etc. etc.

When I turn the TV off, the lights get dimmed, the soft music comes on and I try to wrap up whatever projects I've been working on that evening so that I can go to bed.

I've got 8 things on my list that I really should finish tonight. I've done 3 so far. It's 8 pm. Hopefully I can finish the remaining 5 things before midnight.

What is it like to have the time to just sit and watch TV??

M in Oz