WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Good day. Good writing session. Lovely focaccia lunch. Good video while I rowed. Cleaner cleaned. :D Then rang G . That left me slightly down because her head is a very confused place, but I hope I was helpful. I'm just so grateful I don't live in her head. I'm meeting her for lunch next week.

DH cooked his signature chicken stew and it was delicious. I think it's important for him to keep up his cooking skills. And lovely to be treated for once. I have enough left for my lunch tomorrow.

Bea pick up tomorrow. Last one before the holiday.

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    BARABA I'm having a hard time keeping track of your dog situation. Did you have one but now you have two including a puppy?

MACHKA I think younger I stayed more hour-glassy-ish (not extremely but more) It's DEFINITELY post menaupause that all goes to the middle. no doubt about it.

I'm not sure that it's worse for me appearances wise. I didn't like the thick thighs and calves, but I know health-wise (heart-wise) middle weight is not to develop! I am way less concerned about all that at this point than in my early days. Thank goodness!

It looks like you enjoy being hourglass- y (which is popular w the guys too right or at least some of them!) and you are right too!

GINNY it must be hard to choose between the 2 places/sons to live near. You are not so far from Columbus, right ? so that would have some familiarity to you right?
    AZ is low taxes, great warmth, heat, probably a huge retirement community.
    Would you b able to winter in AZ and summer in the north?
    I'm not going crazy bout fluctuation. I was optimistic with one dip, but am now more realistic!

Such a long stretch today with no break. I skipped breakfast, miscalculated/didn't see the time and then didn't have time for lunch. was not at my best. was able to slip down for a yogurt at 4pm between classes and then got chips and another little nutty (not very sugary) snack from the vending machine.
    finally having some veggies rice lentils now that I'm back home.

So pretty much non stop from like 9 am to 9pm.
    class early tomorrow but no classes tomorrow afternoon; just all the rest...

looking forward to bed!

Usually I conk right out and then am wide awake some time after.

ah well!

Hello to all!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    hi all,

spent about 35-40 slow on stationary bike this morning

Wishing good day to all.

Why slow?

M in Oz

I was trying to keep heart rate above 115 but I find it so effortful so now I try to keep it above 100 and often over 115.

Cause out of boredom I watch clips or a series or movie and then I'm thinking about the movie and not the exercise!

Better than nothing !
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    GINNY do you try experimenting with food, (avoiding some things) in relation to sinuses?

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    BARBARA oh I see you have 3 dogs, GINO TUMBLE and...
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Crazy weather today. It is very windy,raons for a bit and then we have a very short sun break. This cycle has repeated several times. The thermometer says 49* outside but it sure feels colder than that.

Wrote my sister a letter this morning and sent it in an Easter card. I have blocked her phone on the advise of my counselor because my BIL keeps using it to pretend he is her and send nasty texts. I never have liked the man but put up with him for my mom's sake. Now she is dead I will no longer tolerate him. It just makes me sad that he makes it so hard to communicate with my sister.

KJ - loved the calming music and visual. Enjoy your vacation.

Lisa - the buns look delicious. They remind me of my Aunt Letha's buns.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options

Worked today but tomorrow will try to get to the gym to do a body pump DVD.

Sue – congrats on the new addition

Tracey – I agree with you about the social media stuff. Vince doesn’t want to have anything to do with Facebook. I mainly use it to wish people happy birthday/anniversary, to keep up with the kids (but if I “like” one, the other one gets upset so I don’t do either) and other news, that’s about it. I very rarely post anything on it. That’s what I love about this group, too. We’re respectful, not petty

mia – welcome back

Ellie – talk about coworkers being half you age! You can just imagine how I feel! But in a way it’s interesting. I have so much more life experience! How soon to retirement?

People who have a wall-mounted TV: where do you put your cable box? I’m thinking that I’d like to put one of the TV’s at the condo on the wall, but there isn’t enough room below it for some sort of table to put the cable box on. Where does anyone else have theirs?

Have bowling this afternoon then ceramics tonight. Before or after bowling I want to go to the post office. I have Jess’ graduation announcement for my girlfriend in Switzerland. Even tho Ronnie won’t be there, Jess wants to send her one. She also said that I can send one to our friends who she’s met. But I really don’t want to do that. I know that she’s excited to have achieved her dream and she’d like to share it with as many people as possible. But to me, it looks like she’s asking for a gift.

Rebecca – tomorrow’s breakfast will be steel cut oats, chicken broth and coleslaw.

Barbara – I honestly don’t remember what I put down as my deductions, but I asked that they be changed to “0”. I have a sick feeling that it’s already at “0”

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,
    Lisa – a whole bottle of Pepto Bismol? Their cheese as fallen off their cracker!
    Isn’t interesting to see how a form helps the bread rise, I heard it was something about having the sides of the form for the gluten to grab on to…. I am so cheap I try to avoid buying things I think seem crazy and yet this proves it, if you are doing enough hamburger style rolls, the mold is perfect!

Margaret – I agree with Lisa, why 2 homes? I know you have the memory of your son, and as I recall it gave you some “distance” which help you and DH, but with the money from the sale of the 2 home, couldn’t you have a “she shed” with insulation and heat put in to your yard? You wouldn’t have to drive between homes and would be in a safer location.

Betsy – my dad died when my mom was just 47, she’s 93 now, and it took her probably 7-10 years before she was really past the active grief place, so be kind to yourself and take your time.

Rebecca – hugs for Athena

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family to stores Bk- 1hr 40min 16sec, 48elev, 3.29ap, 96mhr, 114mhr, 5.55mi= 472c
    Starve app= 632c
    Walk home to gym- 10.07min, .53mi= 51c
    Strava app= 61c
    Spin bike at gym- 31.30min, 15.24amph, 11-13gear, 130ahr 155mhr, 8mi= 242c
    Walk gym to store then home- 20.12min, .85mi= 88c
    Strava app= 97c

Total cal 853
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbara – I honestly don’t remember what I put down as my deductions, but I asked that they be changed to “0”. I have a sick feeling that it’s already at “0”

Michele NC

If you are already at Single with 0 exemptions, you can have them withhold an extra amount each pay period of whatever amount you want. Alternatively, you can make quarterly estimated payments directly to the IRS. This may be required to avoid penalties for under withholding depending on your tax situation.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Minicooper- DM me and I can give you more info..
    Had Homer over this afternoon.. but tomorrow starts babysitting luckily its only for a couple hours buts getting the little guy into the car and waiting for Carmine which is going to be the most difficult..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today but tomorrow will try to get to the gym to do a body pump DVD.

Sue – congrats on the new addition

Tracey – I agree with you about the social media stuff. Vince doesn’t want to have anything to do with Facebook. I mainly use it to wish people happy birthday/anniversary, to keep up with the kids (but if I “like” one, the other one gets upset so I don’t do either) and other news, that’s about it. I very rarely post anything on it. That’s what I love about this group, too. We’re respectful, not petty

mia – welcome back

Ellie – talk about coworkers being half you age! You can just imagine how I feel! But in a way it’s interesting. I have so much more life experience! How soon to retirement?

People who have a wall-mounted TV: where do you put your cable box? I’m thinking that I’d like to put one of the TV’s at the condo on the wall, but there isn’t enough room below it for some sort of table to put the cable box on. Where does anyone else have theirs?

Have bowling this afternoon then ceramics tonight. Before or after bowling I want to go to the post office. I have Jess’ graduation announcement for my girlfriend in Switzerland. Even tho Ronnie won’t be there, Jess wants to send her one. She also said that I can send one to our friends who she’s met. But I really don’t want to do that. I know that she’s excited to have achieved her dream and she’d like to share it with as many people as possible. But to me, it looks like she’s asking for a gift.

Rebecca – tomorrow’s breakfast will be steel cut oats, chicken broth and coleslaw.

Michele NC

Yummy!
    I am munching on fridge pickles, (just an English cucumber sliced in pickle juice) and sipping the pickle juice!
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Okie – I think we are going to get hit with a penalty for not filing estimated taxes. Oh well….we didn’t think it would come to this.

Rebecca – I added a few raisins to the steel cut oats/chicken broth/coleslaw breakfast.

My sinuses always bother me when the weather changes. In May and October I can always guarantee that I’ll be having sinus problems.

The other two parts of the alligator were fired. My phone is in the trunk already (getting ready for tomorrow) so I’ll post a pic tomorrow

Michele NC