Options
    So sorry Barbara!

Hugs!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Kim hugs to you!💖🙏💐
    I second the magical working of those Hyland's teething tablets! Used them for all three sons.
    Heather, I love how you explain your family functions. Your grandchildren are blessed by your generosity you shower on them. Your setting the table is so sweet, such a simple and loving task. Its been years and years since someone set a table for me, its just not a thing done much. If we have family over our table only seats 4 so we just let people sit wherever.
    Hugs to ladies wishing them! (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
    Today is a Bobolli pizza, with some sausage crumbles, tomatoes, black olives, caramelized onions, some mushrooms and Tillamook cheese.
    I have coffee once again, and Gevalia coffee pods at that! I feel special.💖. It reminded me of when we were stationed in Japan and I was in the Gevalia coffee club, getting 4 bags of various grounds delivered at a nice drinkable timetable. I even got a nice coffee maker and 2 airtight containers for my grounds. I had my coffee, and my husband had his Stash Tea delivered. Then when I got pregnant I would call them up and put my account on hold. Good times.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Barbara ~ I just want to cry over Gino! Someone along the way must have really badly mistreated him for the behavior he is showing. :'(

Heather ~ You are a great grandma! My son and his wife depend on her mom so much for taking up the slack when they need it. It makes me sad that we are not closer to help! And, I must admit that I am really jealous! :(

Kim ~ Your family may not be a praying family, but, I am sure we are all surrounding you with prayer during this stress
    ful time. You sure have been through a lot.
    🙏🏻

Very chilly in Georgia today with lots of wind,
    Carol
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Barbara so sad for Gino. Too bad it didn't work out. Such a difficult decision but you did the right thing.

My other indoor hobby is Duolingo a free language learning app. I do French and Spanish, and yes I get them confused!

And I spend a lot of time looking at houses on Zillow. My parents may well have to sell this place and I would need to move. While my budget says "apartment" my heart wants a grand house like I had before I came here. Somewhere near a church, a library, and a live theater, where making friends is easier than my current city. With a spectacular kitchen even though I don't cook much, and an awesome view. I need to play the lottery!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Annie - Oooohhh, I'm with you on the fantasy houses! :p In my head I have an industrial style loft, a Haussmann Paris apartment, and a modern penthouse. I watch antique auction programmes and imagine buying stuff for them. DH thinks I'm nuts!
    As you are learning French, I highly recommend The Parisian Agency, on Netflix. Both passions in one go.

Kim - Courage ma brave! <3

Barbara - You did your best. I'm sure you are sad. (((HUGS)))

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Kim, I think Heather said it best, I too hope for a gentle passing for your brother and that your nephew is able to get the help he needs to take care of his father's final stuff. Sorry to hear that he is so selfish that he didn't get his own affairs in order, it's not like he hasn't had the time!
    Tracey, so happy to hear that the B***H quit, nobody needs someone like that around them! I am sorry that she put you thru the wringer tho, and I hope your vacation pay stuff shows up for you on Monday!
    Allie, sorry to hear that Kyle has Covid, hoping he has a mild case and doesn't pass it on to Tracy, Carmine or the baby! Also sorry to hear that Homer is fading, but you've known that for quite some time. Sounds like you are doing what you can so that his last days are comfortable.

Been far too busy this past week, but that's okay. I am at work and my co-worker has just returned to the office which means I must leave the office to do stuff in the facility. (I work in a storage facility)
    Don't really want to, would rather stay here and catch up, but other stuff does need to be done. sigh. :)
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on very windy Vancouver Island
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • evie1958
    Options
    Barbara, I'm so sorry that you had to return Gino to the shelter. He probably would do better somewhere without other pets, too bad.
    Evelyn, on still very windy Vancouver Island
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    B)
  • evie1958
    Options
    Kim, thanks for the update...
    Evelyn
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 35min 37sec, 118elev, 3.07ap, 95ahr, 112mhr, 8.13mi= 685c
    Strava app = 926c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Barbara so sad for Gino. Too bad it didn't work out. Such a difficult decision but you did the right thing.

My other indoor hobby is Duolingo a free language learning app. I do French and Spanish, and yes I get them confused!

And I spend a lot of time looking at houses on Zillow. My parents may well have to sell this place and I would need to move. While my budget says "apartment" my heart wants a grand house like I had before I came here. Somewhere near a church, a library, and a live theater, where making friends is easier than my current city. With a spectacular kitchen even though I don't cook much, and an awesome view. I need to play the lottery!

Annie in Delaware

I just started Japanese! What fun! Thank you for the app name!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options

Annie in Delaware

I learned French in high school and university. I was going to minor in French in my Bachelor's degree but the university gave me poor advice. I've been to France 3 times and fortunately much of it came back to me. But I have hardly used it since 2012.

Then I took a Spanish course in 2017.

I would love to get back into both again, but ... it's a backburner thing for me.

I look at houses on this site: https://www.realestate.com.au/

I've never owned a house and one of the reasons is that I always feel like I'm chasing the market. Just when I/we get a bit saved, the house prices go up. I also do not want a long mortgage, so I'd like to put a minimum of 1/3 down on the place and preferably 2/3 or more.

They try to get first home buyers into the market by suggesting they could put 5% down but that would make for a long, long mortgage.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Sad day. We are returning Gino to the shelter. He's turned on Joe, me, Tumble and Shadow. We are at our wits' ends. Pray for Gino that someone stronger comes to his rescue. :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak:
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie failed at MOD.

I'm sorry to hear that. :heartbreak:
  • Machka9
    edited April 2022
    Options
    0tuo13ir20a5.png

I'm tempted to get the book!

One of the issues I struggle with is that part of my brain says, "You're finished your degree ... you promised me that you would relax and do fun stuff now."
    And another part of my brain says, "Yes, but there's all this other stuff we didn't do while in university that we've got to get to now."

Plus "even more important" stuff keeps coming up ... and some days I feel like I'm frozen with indecision about what to do next.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3