WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Morning, afternoon, and evening all...

The day stretches in front of me with no deadlines, no demands, and a restful night behind me. Well, I woke up feeling rested, and that's enough for me. I am still dabbling with a few more bits and pieces in my OCD room, but it appears I'll be labeling things today. Which is the final act for me. Once the boxes that are staying can be labeled, it means I'm well and truly done. I'll take the after pics, cross my heart, but that may well be tomorrow.

Michele - Yep, I'm looking at that branch as firewood for next winter. This weekend, Corey will pull out the chainsaw and make reasonably short work out of it.

Annie - So proud of your progress, I look for it every day. So sorry about your mom's results, you have every right to be scared.

Carla - Snow up north is why we didn't move there when we were searching for our current and hopefully final home. We get snow maybe once or twice a year, sometimes none at all. Love the pocket kisses! Thanks for the sympathy. I tell most people that dealing with the VA is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop.

Irene - Well done on your progress, as well! Love it when the braces and crutches are finally done.

KJ - Geez Louise, being that sick is no bueno for your time off! Hope you feel better quickly and are able to enjoy at least a day or two of vacation days.

Barbara AHMOD - So pleased your nephew is doing well! Yes, we're not purely electric. The water is still working, the water heater is natural gas, so we've got plenty of hot water. Like yours the stove is gas, so we can use the top of the stove by mechanically lighting the burner, but not the oven. The only thing missing is light in the early mornings, and I got tickled at the whole thing. Corey was in the bathroom and I knocked on the door to ask if he wanted a flashlight, and he said, "No, I've got my Kindle." Would have never even thought to use one of them as a light source. :blush:

Heather - I made mixed tapes a lot, more for myself to play in the car than any other reason. Not sure anyone ever made one for me, but apparently, that had to do with relationships, and I only "dated" three guys while I was in high school. None would have thought to give me anything. So it was just kissing in the hallways, which was always fun.

Time to get moving and scramble an egg to make a breakfast burrito, which sounds much better than actually accomplishing anything.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I learned a tip with making a breakfast burrito. When the scrambled egg is still "wet" and not fully cooked, plop the tortilla on it, it kind of fuses itself to the tortilla, then just toss over fill with whatever you want and fold it. I tend to keep in pan, add cheese, bits of hashbrowns, olives, tomatoes and salsa then fold over like a big taco! The tortilla is kind of crispy.👍💖
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Lisa- it is great the the tree fell where it did and that you don't rely totally on electric. Here, if the power goes out, everything is out- The only way we would have to heat food is to start the bbq! We do have gas water heater but everything else is electric.

Today is the start of day 3 of NO MEDS!! No nebulizer or inhaler- FINALLY- after going on 5 weeks of up to 5 nebulizer and two or three inhaler treatments in a day, I am so glad to be off them. Yes, I do feel the heaviness in my chest and may grab the inhaler if it gets worse but try hot tea instead to see if that helps first.

Going up to Marysville(an hour and a half from us) with dh on Sunday. The friend he has been going to these comic-con and toy shows signed him up for a table of his own(they usually have one table and dh goes to help the guy and has brought a few things to sell that he made on his 3D printer). After getting talked into doing his own table and paying the $80 for it, the friend doesn't have room in his car for dh to bring his stuff. I told him if that happens I will get up and go with him and help him. We will take my car because it is a lot better on gas. The guy suggested we drive our van- I think he was hoping to ride with us- not happening. It was all fine when dh was going with the guy to help him but he hasn't sold hardly anything(his artwork is a bit odd for our taste) and dh has been selling- even sold one of his things to a movie producer at the LA show, the friend has been a bit weird. He wanted dh to sell a bunch of the old toys he has packed in the garage-he offered to help because he wants to see what is in there- no thanks. I have been checking ebay for prices to get an idea on what things are selling for. Some are crazy. A lot he doesn't even remember buying- just got it cheap and packed it away.
    Today we will price and repack everything. Hopefully we do well enough to make it worth the drive. Dh said he appreciates me offering to go with him. Maybe this will be our thing to do together. Not really my first choice but better than nothing. Usually he goes with the friend and leaves me home. I think he is pretty much done with this "friend"/co-worker.

Weather is going to be really warm- 78 now at 10:30AM, high of 88.

Time to get more tea then start our errands

Have a wonderful Thursday

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options

Worked, wrote out most of Jess’ graduation announcements (still need to get some addresses from her), got dinner ready, now here. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT after the soup kitchen.

Barbara – thank you for your kind words about Jerry and my talking to him. However, I REALLY messed up today. So many times he talks about how he does all the work at night (I let it go in one ear and out the other) and how he really cleans things so they aren’t greasy. Well, I had some containers that were so greasy on the outside that the stickers for when they should be used by wouldn’t stick. So I thought I’d show Jerry how bad it was. He said “oh, those are the ones I cleaned yesterday”. Oops...I shouldn’t have said anything. Hopefully, he’ll forget.

Well, for Lent I tried (operative word) not to have anything to eat after dinner. Didn’t work. So I’m going to try doing it just for Holy Week. If I can do it for one week, then hopefully I can do it next year. We shall see.

Allie – so sorry about your SIL

Heather – my condolences

Annie – I don’t think covid will EVER be over. Like the flu or a cold

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Debbie so glad you are making progress. No meds - that's fantastic!

Michele you are right about Covid!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Afternoon again ladies
    Have a bit of a rocky stomach so made some peppermint tea...
    Tracy sent me a short video.. Miles is trying to push himself around in the walker.. pretty soon he will be buzzing all over the place..
    Carmine on Spring break next week.. but Tracy will make him / they go to school tomorrow trying to fake being sick to get out of going to school.So I will be up early to get them to school and probably bring Homer back over here.. Tom asked me to take him down to vets to see if he needed fluids,so they did that and gave him anti nausea meds and they will fiddle with the meds to see if they can get it to where he will at least eat and drink and be comfortable
  • Phverica1
    Phverica1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am Pam, I am 51 and new to MFP. Looking to connect with people who understand the challenges of being a 50+ woman trying to lose weight. I’ve gained 30 lbs over the last 8-10 years and really want to get some of it off and be comfortable in my skin again!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/ yogi- 2hrs 33min 50sec, 100elev, 3.12ap, 105ahr, 127mhr, 8.14mi= 710c
    Strava app = 927c
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies
    Here with Alfie
    And I texted with Tom ,Homer feeling much better,ate 90 % of his dinner had treats and was barking all was great news.
    Kyle is resting .. drinking lots of fluids and just having english muffins not to hungry..
    Carmine staying home tomorrow they have a 1/2 day.. and then the week off.
    Tracy sent me short video of Miles in his walker starting to get himself going.. before you know it .he will be going everywhere..
    Kyles Dr said 5 days quarantine and then 5 more days wearing a mask around Miles.
    Think maybe tomorrow ill go to Costco we shall see.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    91 at 5:30PM here right now.

Spent the last hour or so pricing stuff for the toy show. It is crazy what the things are going for compared to what dh paid for years and years ago- and these are just stuff he bought and boxed up- never opened or even displayed- He has the stuff he really likes in his room(it looks like a over packed toy store! We have more boxes to price that are in the garage- we will do that Saturday I think.
    Hope it is worth the drive all the way up there.

Going to be a easy week next week.
    Daycare girl is on Spring Break so she will be here all day but I don't have to pick her up, mom will drop her off. She may take an extra day off.
    Zumba teacher is taking the week off so no class(our other one tried to find a substitute when she was taking a day off

Mom posted pictures. The guys from Safari West came down and worked the garden area for her today- it is looking so good. My nephew and his friend are supposed to be coming in a few weeks from Colorado to work on it for two weeks- too bad none of the plants will be ready to plant because she didn't start watering when my friend and I planted the seeds in the green house-she waited almost two weeks- hope they grow.

Going to watch Survivor- recorded it last night and forgot to watch it- 42 seasons and I have only missed one episode.

Did have to do one inhaler treatment today but that is nothing. So glad to be off the other stuff.

Have a great evening ladies

edit:

ok- the oddest thing popped up on Facebook- ok, odd to me. It was an ad for Petco(pet store)
    they actually sell Horn worms(tomato worms to me)! $11 for four of them. They are the reason my mother in law will not plant tomatoes, because she might end up one on her plants. I may have to see if they want them if I end up with any in my garden this summer

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am ready for rest for today and eager to see my daughter and grand daughter in the near future. They’ll be here in about 2 weeks. I will be thrilled to see them. ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️⭐️❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I keep my phone on the nightstand next to my bed overnight for several reasons. I use it as a light to find my way to the bathroom, read my kindle book if I can't sleep and for a few minutes after taking the dogs out for their middle of the night walk, and as my alarm to wake me up. I keep it on silent so I won't be bothered by notifications.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    91 at 5:30PM here right now.

ok- the oddest thing popped up on Facebook- ok, odd to me. It was an ad for Petco(pet store)
    they actually sell Horn worms(tomato worms to me)! $11 for four of them. They are the reason my mother in law will not plant tomatoes, because she might end up one on her plants. I may have to see if they want them if I end up with any in my garden this summer

Debbie

I wonder why a pet store sells those? We have issues with them too. It's a battle at our house with the Mister and his tomato plants. One year it was similar to Bill Murray's character and the gopher in Caddyshack. I found it entertaining.

Tina in CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Going to take the day off tomorrow and make it a 3 days weekend. I am using it as a mental health day and I feel I really need it. Just been really moody and want to eat any and everything. First thing I am going to do after DH leaves for work is go back to bed and sleep as long as I can. Then go from there. <3

Great idea!

Today is my Friday off and I did exactly that ... slept 11 hours!!

I have been so tired lately.

M in Oz