WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Heather: Sincere condolences on your double loss. These things make us onky too aware of our own mortality. (((Hugs))) for dear Johnny.

I had Shakespeare Study Group yesterday afternoon, and Latin Study Group this morning, so just chilling this avo.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Vicki, bummer about your flagpole! I've heard about the winds in NE!

Hi Pam, welcome!

Hi Lanette, welcome "back".

I use my phone for everything (except work and this) and I also keep it next to my bed. I have it on "do not disturb" at night so I only get calls from the people I have set to "important". But it's my alarm too and my "radio" and "book" and for games. You know, all the things you're not supposed to do before you go to bed. LOL.

Indoor hobbies? Digital scrapbooking and traditional paper cardmaking. I sell for Stampin' Up!

Carla, in MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Got texted saying Carmine was going to school so I had to hop into some clothes and get him there,went down with Alfie and stayed for about an hour with Homer and let him sleep on my lap.
    Dropped Alfie off and went to Costco am here now.. had rewards from last year and used those to buy things like,toilet paper,water. Wee wee pads diapers .. no food ha ha ha. All together i had to fork over 5 bucks not bad.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    91 at 5:30PM here right now.

ok- the oddest thing popped up on Facebook- ok, odd to me. It was an ad for Petco(pet store)
    they actually sell Horn worms(tomato worms to me)! $11 for four of them. They are the reason my mother in law will not plant tomatoes, because she might end up one on her plants. I may have to see if they want them if I end up with any in my garden this summer

Debbie

I wonder why a pet store sells those? We have issues with them too. It's a battle at our house with the Mister and his tomato plants. One year it was similar to Bill Murray's character and the gopher in Caddyshack. I found it entertaining.

Tina in CA

Food for lizards is what I read

Then why the heck don't our lizards eat them! :smiley: We have lizards all over the place.

Tina in CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    LANETTE ~ Glad to hear from you! You have a lot going on. I really miss being able to do the yard work that used to keep me busy. Glad your hubby is doing better.

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Indoor Hobbies?
    In no particular order:
    Watercolour painting, drawing, collage, textile crafts, paper crafts, beading, studying Latin/Shakespeare, reading, writing, doing puzzles, dancing, watching TV …..

Mobile phone
    I use it for most things. Diary, reminders, etc. I keep in on the desk in my bedroom at night. It’s my morning alarm so it means I have to get up to turn it off. 😝 It’s on ‘Do not disturb’ from 11pm - 7am, so only certain people can get through.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Well im home and exhausted.. not from the vaccination but from hoofing around that store.. i was good. I went with a purpose ,basically got what i needed .no food and skidaddled.. but i got 3- 48 count packs of water that are heavier than all get out and some of the other stuff was heavy.. but i got it in the car,got it out of the car and on a dolly and I will rest for a bit and then put it away a bit later.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I did 74 minutes of yoga and six minutes of marching! Yay! I'm still feeling stiff in spots. But not bad.

Mom got through the blood work just fine. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    LANETTE ~ Glad to hear from you! You have a lot going on. I really miss being able to do the yard work that used to keep me busy. Glad your hubby is doing better.

Carol in GA

Thanks Carol! I must say, when I was so busy yesterday I didn't even think about eating, plus had a good "tired" last night. This morning, it continues. I just weed wacked another section of the garden, spread black plastic over it and anchored that down with spare chunks of lumber DH has stashed here and there. As I tossed down the last chunk, the showers started.

I think our brains like challenges, mine surely does. After a couple years of being unable to do much outside thanks to my frozen shoulder then hernia, I am rejoicing to be active again after being sidelined.

I'm not too big on planting and tending flowers, but killing weeds gives me great satisfaction. :p Oh, that and chopping firewood. Got a crate of kindling split this morning, swinging that hatchet with all my might. Put me in a great mood! >:)

Carry on, ladies.

Lanette B)
    Soggy SW WA State
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    I have gained three pounds since February! That's the wrong direction! I need to stay out of my mother's candy. And the cookies. And eat more spinach and broccoli. But the good news is that I feel stronger, if not slimmer. So maybe I'm building some muscle. Still it's no excuse. I have been between 168 and 174 for years now, and I really need to stick with the plan until I break out of that. In the down direction!

Annie in Delaware who is starting over again
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay!

And I rode Henry today. Yay! I'm lucky to ride in an indoor arena so a gentle rain isn't a problem. My seat is still wobbly. I wonder if the lunges in my yoga will help my seat. My knee was okay for riding. It is just a little weak, so I have to be careful not to injure it.

Horn worms as pets? My preference is a pet that is warm and fluffy and affectionate. Even if they do barf on the floor once in awhile. I'm looking at you, Teddy boo!

Annie in Delaware

horn worms to feed to your pet lizards ;)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    91 at 5:30PM here right now.

ok- the oddest thing popped up on Facebook- ok, odd to me. It was an ad for Petco(pet store)
    they actually sell Horn worms(tomato worms to me)! $11 for four of them. They are the reason my mother in law will not plant tomatoes, because she might end up one on her plants. I may have to see if they want them if I end up with any in my garden this summer

Debbie

I wonder why a pet store sells those? We have issues with them too. It's a battle at our house with the Mister and his tomato plants. One year it was similar to Bill Murray's character and the gopher in Caddyshack. I found it entertaining.

Tina in CA

Food for lizards is what I read

Then why the heck don't our lizards eat them! :smiley: We have lizards all over the place.

Tina in CA

The comment I read on the Petco sight was from someone who had a Bearded Dragon so must be for the bigger "pets'. One said to make sure to give them smaller horn worms because she gave her bearded dragon one and the thing bit the lizard a few times and now is afraid of them.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Chocolat is one of my very favorite movies. I don't own many; but I do own that one. Have you seen 100 Foot Journey? If you like Chocolat; you will like 100 Foot Journey. I love movies with food in them. I find cooking very romantic.

My favorite movie is "Under the Tuscan Sun", and " Eat, Pray, Love". During the holiday season I watch "The Holiday". I suppose all three movies have a theme of a person being brave, changing their surroundings, and finding themselves in their journeys. I would love to do that one day, or for a week.😂

Today I had a little mini party for lunch. In little finger bowls were,:
    4 feta stuffed olives
    4 pcs of marinated artichoke hearts
    2 spoonfuls of hummus and olive bruschetta
    A tin of mackerel in a nice olive oil
    Fridge pickles and pickled beets
    A slice of havarti cheese
    Big Wheat Thin crackers.
    Now sipping Gevalia coffee pretending I am in Tuscany, at a bistro.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Well im home and exhausted.. not from the vaccination but from hoofing around that store.. i was good. I went with a purpose ,basically got what i needed .no food and skidaddled.. but i got 3- 48 count packs of water that are heavier than all get out and some of the other stuff was heavy.. but i got it in the car,got it out of the car and on a dolly and I will rest for a bit and then put it away a bit later.

Carmine can hoof your water from point A to point B! That's why kids were created, to fetch and carry.😂😂
    Rebecca
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Barbara ... thank you for the recipe link ... I've used some of her recipes before and liked them. Anything with chocolate on it, by the way, is up my alley! Glad to hear that your knees are doing well!

Pam ... welcome!

Vicki ... sometimes we just need a break. You've had a lot on your plate recently, along with the loss of your pup. Hugs.

Lanette ... I so wish there was a "laugh" button! I always enjoy your posts. I have to agree, that activity, any activity can really boost our spirits. I took a look at the facebook page ... beautifully arranged plates! We do eat with our eyes first.

Annie ... I hope your mom's appointment goes well. It is sad to see our parents decline. I am knee deep in assisted living home information as I look to move my parents to Buffalo ... I'm overwhelmed and doubt I will find as nice of a place as they're currently living in. The day has passed where I can take care of them myself. I feel bad about that and give you a lot of credit for staying with your parents.

Debbie ... there are things my husband enjoys that I have absolutely no interest in, but sometimes I go along just to be "present" in his interests.

I know I'm missing people and posts that I wanted to comment on ... know that I think of you all when I'm reading.
    Beth near Buffalo
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Lynette nice to see you! Glad to see you check in with us.💖👍. I am a momma of two sailors stationed overseas. Oh and a grandma (well she calls me Mimi), too. My middle sons wife had a daughter, she'll be 3 in May.💖. My husband is still plugging thru life, on year 7 after liver transplant.💖. He's like my Ever Ready bunny. Just will keep going and going, and going....
    He says, "well duh, I have new pieces parts"!
    Have a good rest of your day!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey Island
    WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie — I’m happy you’re home and hope you are able to rest after getting your needed food & water. 🌹

Lanette — I am happy to see your post. Weed whacking a garden is vigorous & challenging work. A garden is a treasure that is worth time & effort. ⭐️

Heather — I love the photo of your tall & handsome husband with his tiny and dear auntie. I’m happy to see them together. ❤️

DH has been having health challenges. Nurse practitioners now come twice a week for DH & a physical therapist comes twice on opposite days. Their work is helping him. Unfortunately I have not been able to go to my yoga class because of timing. I hope this will change & I’ll be able to go to my classes. I miss my friends there and the enjoyment of yoga.

Katla
  • Anniesquats100
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Katla I use my phone to watch free yoga videos instead of an in person class. It turns out the tiny screen is no more difficult to see than a teacher at the head of a crowded class. And the audio is better! I would highly recommend "Yoga with Adriene" who has hundreds of free yoga videos on YouTube with commercials only before and after the practice, not during. I found at least one Yoga for Seniors and also a chair yoga video.

It wouldn't replace your friends of course, nor the chance to get out, but it would help you keep limber meanwhile.

Annie in Delaware