GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon - Evening ladies
    Im in jammies and i did take a nap..
    Only bought Ramen for Carmine.. and he was home not at my place. He was giving mom grief poor Tracy having to deal with Miles on her own
    I did pick up a box of diapers ,and a storage containers for her also..
    So far so good my arm just a tad sore but other than that yipee no ill effects here is hoping it stays that way.
    Alfie and I relaxing
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Pam – welcome to a great group of ladies who know just where you’re at.

Barbara – what a wonderful day you had!

After work took Jerry home (I got done early), then to the post office to mail most of Jess’ announcements, to the soup kitchen then the gym then the Salvation Army. Now home and will have dinner in a few

I, too, leave my cell phone far away. Sometimes I have my pocketbook (where it is) in the trunk of my car. I do use it as my alarm when I’m away from home

Last week I was so hungry after work while at the soup kitchen. I was going to take something with me to snack on and totally forgot. So stopped at the dollar store and got these cheese crisps. Only 100 calories

KJ – the alligator is going to go out by the pool and there’s nothing but stone around it. We’ve had frozen hamsters in our freezer. That was when we lived in the Poconos. The hamster died and we had to wait for the ground to thaw out so that we could bury it. In the meantime – into the freezer he went!

Boy, is this a cold time. We usually can get the pool opened, but we can’t even get the covers off. Too windy since they have to be cleaned and cold! Looks like the first time we possibly can is Tuesday. I was going to go to the gym and unless the weather changes, I’m going to skip that. Maybe I’ll wear my pedometer since I’ll be getting in a fair amount of steps putting the ceramics out

Went food shopping the other day and I almost died at the price of food. I never thought that the $15 an hour minimum wage was a good idea. But that’s what you may have to earn in order to eat!

Lanette – you’ve been missed. Great to “see” ya

My all time fav movie is “Dr. Zhivago”. Never fails that I cry at the start of the movie (I think because I can relate) and then at the end. Never fails

Am getting the Rummikub notice ready. Honestly, I think next March I’m going to let it go, let someone else do it. I’ve done it for quite a few years. We have a lot of new members so let one of them take over. But in the meantime…..

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good luck Lisa. Heaven knows it's been a long battle for you. Here's hoping that once you get the medicine that the process works smoothly ever after.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    My cell phone sits across the room when I sleep. I keep it on vibrate much of the time. Now I'm getting more calls from my mother's healthcare team, I might have to change that.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    All you ladies talking about your various phone practices. I kind of feel like an alien. I do not have a phone, but we do have a cell phone that husband turns on when we are away from our landline. Otherwise at home, our 1957 black rotary phone is plugged into our modem here. We have a cordless phone plugged in as well, in a spare room which can take messages. Our cordless phone can complete the ordering of prescriptions or paying bills, where as the 1957 phone can't. I check my tablet every so often for texts from family, my email hotmail act rarely gets any activity, just a spam email every so often. I wake up when I wake up, though we do have an alarm if we need to wake up at a specific time. My husband was conditioned to wake up at 5:30/6:00 am every morning without the use of an alarm. Just his own internal clock. He can mentally tell himself to wake up and he does. The Navy taught him to sleep whenever so there are times when we get to lets say Seattle's University hospital yearly appointments, and he states we are early so we nap in the car for a bit. Then ding, he's out for a specific time. While I stare out the window or do crosswords. I have never been able to just "turn off" like that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    My indoor hobby is meditation. It's supposed to be very good for the brain, and it helps me keep an even keel. I prefer the still mind type to the mindfulness type. But it sure doesn't burn calories!

Annie in Delaware
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... the VA and your experiences with it are just mind boggling to me.

Rebeca ... While I don't have any military service, I too can wake up without an alarm ... usually an hour before it is set to go off ... which is really annoying. Doesn't matter if it's for 5:00am either ... awake I am at 4:00am then. No problem falling asleep anywhere either at anytime. I can sleep sitting up in a waiting room chair.

My phone sits on a charger base on my nightstand. Being deaf, I can't hear the thing at any time. I wear an apple watch during the day that vibrates and gives me a visual. At night, I let my husband deal with incoming calls on the phone lines ... cell phones as well as a landline we still keep for my caption service.

Indoor hobby. Reading. I used to love cooking and baking, but that's waned a bit since my husband and son have put on quite a bit of weight. I feel like I'm enabling them when I bake. Way back in the day, I used to do pen and ink drawings with watercolors on consignment. I may try my hand at it again someday. And I've always had an interest in amateur photography. Something else to consider.

Beth

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) What I do indoors--knitting, watching TV, riding exercise bike, reading, line dancing.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

Rebeca ... While I don't have any military service, I too can wake up without an alarm ... usually an hour before it is set to go off ... which is really annoying. Doesn't matter if it's for 5:00am either ... awake I am at 4:00am then. No problem falling asleep anywhere either at anytime. I can sleep sitting up in a waiting room chair.

My phone sits on a charger base on my nightstand. Being deaf, I can't hear the thing at any time. I wear an apple watch during the day that vibrates and gives me a visual. At night, I let my husband deal with incoming calls on the phone lines ... cell phones as well as a landline we still keep for my caption service.

Indoor hobby. Reading. I used to love cooking and baking, but that's waned a bit since my husband and son have put on quite a bit of weight. I feel like I'm enabling them when I bake. Way back in the day, I used to do pen and ink drawings with watercolors on consignment. I may try my hand at it again someday. And I've always had an interest in amateur photography. Something else to consider.

Beth

I admire you all with internal clocks! Sadly, I think if husband didn't wake up early, I would probably just sleep until 10am every morning. I really am quite lazy. I will admit it.
    I think each of the ladies here do what we have to do, and what works for us.👍. I am happy you have technology tools that assist you! 💖
    I have noticed since eldest son has left, my husband wants to do more cooking on his own. I do still cook 50% of the time during the week. He's in charge of his breakfasts and sometimes we share lunches or dinners. He does dislike my "complicated" soups and stews. Too many items in there he doesn't eat.
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Indoor things for relaxation that I do are crochet, read, do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, yoga, watch TV with DD in the evenings. I will occasionally do some computer games but not often. I also have started doing meditation.

Lisa - I so empathize with you. I have been dealing with Bank of America for months now trying to free up my mother's funds so that I can pay her end of life expenses. I spent 45 minutes on hold today to find out the bank here did not send all of the paperwork I gave them so the claim has just been sitting and now they tell me they will send me a packet in 10 to 14 business days. Acckk!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Melo_65
    Melo_65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @LisaInArkansas, I have a sister and all of her adult kids etc in Mena Arkansas area. They seem to have worse tornado threat there than we do here in the central area of Texas!! I do have a mobile home on 13 wooded acres so I had a concrete storm shelter installed. I am not ashamed to dive in that thing when tornadoes are threatened!!!
    Melody, Cameron Texas.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 13min 1sec, 3.30ap, 30elev, 92ahr, 103mhr, 4mi = 330c
    Strava app = 456c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I, too, leave my cell phone far away. Sometimes I have my pocketbook (where it is) in the trunk of my car. I do use it as my alarm when I’m away from home

Michele NC

Ever since my husband's grand mal seizure, it's rare that my phone is out of arm's reach. I didn't have it right with me then, and had to go run for it to call the ambulance. Never again ... I hope!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Indoor things for relaxation that I do are crochet, read, do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, yoga, watch TV with DD in the evenings. I will occasionally do some computer games but not often. I also have started doing meditation.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

We have some jigsaw puzzles ... maybe I'll give one a go this winter. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

Beth

I admire you all with internal clocks! Sadly, I think if husband didn't wake up early, I would probably just sleep until 10am every morning. I really am quite lazy. I will admit it.
    I think each of the ladies here do what we have to do, and what works for us.👍. I am happy you have technology tools that assist you! 💖
    I have noticed since eldest son has left, my husband wants to do more cooking on his own. I do still cook 50% of the time during the week. He's in charge of his breakfasts and sometimes we share lunches or dinners. He does dislike my "complicated" soups and stews. Too many items in there he doesn't eat.
    Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

My internal clock tells me to go to sleep about 1:30 am and get up about noon.

Not sure if I'm lazy or just that tired.

I also can fall asleep just about anywhere. I can nod off in lectures, meetings, waiting rooms, during MRIs and CT scans, during root canals if the dentist doesn't talk for a bit, on the bus of course ... anywhere I can just relax for a minute.

M in Oz