Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    faithcreek wrote: »
    rakjeuqwgx3i.jpg
    A beautiful scene in Norway!
    Daffodils, my mommas favorite flower.💖💐
    Rebecca

I Love this @Whidislander!

Hello I am jumping in. I am over 50 with 10/12 pounds to go, a restarter on MFP, love to garden and be out in the yard. Of course this isn’t me but.. I can dream. 🙂 fc from az

fduybke47p1t.jpeg

Nice to meet you! That wasn't me either, but I have a yearning to visit my homeland, and there is a dairy farm in Trondhiem, Norway where they'll take you in and let you stay a spell if you're family!
    I need to lose about 90 lbs but it'll take some time, didn't get on my body overnight, so I don't expect it to just fall off me!
    Whidbey island
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Heading for bed- Dh is already asleep- his alarm will be going off in 1 1/2 hrs- hope to be asleep before that, or I will be awake until he leaves at 1AM

I think I'd be tempted to sleep in separate rooms.

M in Oz

what is even worse is when he only works 4-5 hours and comes home. Never quiet and wakes me up then I have a hard time getting back to sleep. I am a very light sleeper so most things wake me up.
    Like today- he was back home at 6:45AM-Instead of quietly going to his room he banged around- had to use the bathroom, then feed the cats(that are fed in the catio which is on my side of the bedroom and he is talking to them while he feeds them) then does the litter boxes and who knows what else. I was able to get back to sleep off and on but not great sleep. At least he is off tomorrow so I won't get woken up. He is working 5 days this week so 5 days of getting woken up unless he works a full shift like he does on Wed. then he won't be home until 9.
    Only other place to sleep would be the couch and that is not comfortable. I had to sleep on that when I was "quaratined" away from him when I was recovering from covid. I had already been away from him for over two weeks before I even came home. That couch really is hard on my back and I can't sleep in the recliner.

What about making that room his room and his room your personal sleeping room?

My husband and I rearranged our sleeping room after his injury. We split our king (a king is two twins joined together) and arranged it so our heads are in opposite corners of the room. Much better!

M in Oz
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    rakjeuqwgx3i.jpg
    Rebecca

Hello I am jumping in. I am over 50 with 10/12 pounds to go, a restarter on MFP, love to garden and be out in the yard. Of course this isn’t me but.. I can dream. 🙂 fc from az

fduybke47p1t.jpeg

Nice to meet you! That wasn't me either, but I have a yearning to visit my homeland, and there is a dairy farm in Trondhiem, Norway where they'll take you in and let you stay a spell if you're family!
    I need to lose about 90 lbs but it'll take some time, didn't get on my body overnight, so I don't expect it to just fall off me!
    Whidbey island
    Wa

Hi You also! That would be amazing to visit, there is a dream that can turn to reality! You have the best reasons to lose, a beautiful place to live and a darling granddaughter.

fc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I am one of those fortunate people who loves to be home and enjoys routine. I have a perfect neighborhood for walking and a simple yard for puttering. I have simplified my eating and my clothing so I am free of decision fatigue. I went to college and worked for over 40 years and am now enjoying the rewards for all that :)

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Yes.. you are very fortunate to have and be in place that fits you! 🙂 I never thought about decision fatigue, I can see especially now a days.
  • Whidislander
    Options
    rakjeuqwgx3i.jpg
    Rebecca

fduybke47p1t.jpeg

Whidbey island
    Wa

Hi You also! That would be amazing to visit, there is a dream that can turn to reality! You have the best reasons to lose, a beautiful place to live and a darling granddaughter.

fc

Maybe, we aren't rich folks, but live within our means. My husband left the workforce fairly early at 51 yrs old, because of his liver. In 2014 he was able to receive a complete liver transplant🙏💖. So I appreciate just seeing him healthy now. We are quite homebodys! Traveling just kind of puts a hiccup in my life.🙃😁. Yes my Athena is my sweetpea, and I'm her Mimi.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😎
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Today we cycled just over 50 km. :) And it rained the whole way. Sometimes light. Sometimes heavy. But never dry.

4qeqwgndj2dd.png

uthpcey6f7t0.png

3tqrjzc3kmab.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Max is coming over today for his 'Johnny time'. :D<3 I get to have the house to myself for a few hours and I will make my kinda food for lunch. :p The girls are going to football club.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

(I'm looking forward to getting back to my writing. I took all four days of the Easter Holiday off, deliberately)

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE, !!!! :D
  • rsnsza
    rsnsza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    katkearro wrote: »
    3ty9g5rdonuc.png
    Hello Everyone!

In the past I have set myself so many goals that I simply do not meet, so I have decided to be a little kinder to myself.

My goal is to simply be mindful. Consider what I eat and why; listen and love my body and live in the moment.

Thank you Barbie for a place to share our thoughts and feelings,

Kathleen in AB CA

Hi Kathleen, love your post! I lived in Alberta for 9 years, both Calgary and Lethbridge. Both my husband and I are dual U.S/Canadians. We're in Virginia again right now to be closer to my mom.

When I get off my phone and onto the computer, I'm right clicking that image. Thanks for sharing!

Renee in VA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Wednesday 4/13: Joe, readings, BP, CI<CO
    Bonus: Wednesday: counted duplicate taxpayers on district tax rolls, researched postage costs, district meeting reminder message, corrected minutes, meeting prep, budget committee, board meeting.
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: Wednesday: 141.8, H20x4, active 3:27
    Active April
    14: Relax your body with yoga, t’ai chi or meditation.

Terri what are the NLNS you are limiting?

Pg 36/45 Still playin’ catchup, more later.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Unbelievably I woke up,got dressed,took my meds fed Alfie and got dressed and read my devotional this morning.. i sort of felt groggy when i first woke up but feel a bit better now.. think ill make a cup of tea,but will put in a to go cup so if i have to goin time to pick up Carmine im ready to roll.
    Then its off to see little mr pork chop.. im glad she is only working 3 days a week because in all honesty i dont think i have the stamina to do it all 5 days
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Happy Tuesday!
    Lisa- Did Levi have his Easter pic taken at a library, bookstore, or school? That red bunny, looks a lot like Clifford the Big Red Dog with bunny ears attached! lol And a chicken tractor? Never heard of it! All I could imagine is a small gentle combine type tractor that scooped up your runaway chickens and put them in a hopper/tractor bed to carry them to their chicken coop! lol
    Rebecca- Love the video of Athena singing! She is mesmerized by the lights on the kareoke machine. Curious, is she singing Beyonce's All the Single Ladies? "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh..." Love your pic of Norway as well. I was eyeing some baskets (like the one pictured) at the living history show I went to last month. Oh and that doe looks like she knows a safe place to rest. She is quite round in the haunches; I bet she is pregnant! Wouldn't it be fun if she chose your yard to have her fawn?!
    Debbie- I am wondering if a sound machine would help you sleep? Put it on white noise or another sound to drown out hubby's early morning activity noise? I am a very light sleeper, as well. I wake to every creak of a floor board coming down the hall.
    Allie- Miles is a chunker! (But so cute) Be careful lifting him! IF you are not used to it, you will be sore for a couple weeks while your body gets used to it. Is there a way you can put the car seat in first, then buckle him in? Or at least buckle him in close to your car, so that you don't have to carry baby AND seat so much?
    Welcome to all of the new ladies! - Boy! so many of you joining us! Jump in when you feel the urge!
    Machka- Your fall pics are beautiful! Seems so strange to see you moving into fall; while we here in North America are awaiting the arrival of spring and summer!
    Chinese cookbook- I got a wonderful cookbook with the wok set that I inherited from my father in law many, many years ago (about 30?). I memorized a few of the recipes, and now my daughter has the wok/book in TX with her.

Well, spring is coming and he are studying all kinds of "signs of spring", here in my childcare home. A couple of women will be bringing me some frog eggs from their garden/water features. So the kids will be able to watch the tadpoles hatch and change. That should be exciting for them. We will also begin our "planting" in the next couple of weeks.

I have added yoga to my morning routine (again), because I intensified my walking pace. If you don't know, I am very "meh" with the yoga. I think my body needs that gentle stretching every day; but my brain has a hard time calming down to do it. Oh well, I will get it done.

That's all for now. Kids arriving. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)