April 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That area is beautiful! I love the big rock formations or as my kid would call it, terrain.

@AlphaHowls Run like that feel so great! Love when everything falls into place.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @martaindale I'm sure your friends are glad you stayed home and didn't have issues 30 feet in the air. That would be bad on sooooo many levels. Enjoy happy hour!

@Scott6255 Sometimes those are the hardest runs. You did great.

Nice place to run @7lenny7 . Glad your feet were okay and that they don't both swell at the same time. At least you have one good one at all times. Sounds like you enjoyed the bar. I hope you have a great run tomorrow too. The sandlot marathon logistics makes sense.

Glad you had a great outdoor run @AlphaHowls !

Congratulations @Mari33a ! Enjoy the reception!

@polskagirl01 I hope everything works out to get permanent residency for your guests soon. All of that has to be stressful. Glad you went on your hike. The view is fantastic!

Nice running @rheddmobile . I'm glad your heart isn't going into AFib again. Sometimes my HR is about 10 bpm higher than other times too, for no reason I can think of. I just go with it and adjust my goals. Funny about the deer. I'm glad he decided to let you pass. I've had a female paw and snort at me. I didn't see it, but figure there was a fawn close by she wanted me away from. Wonder what happened in Strava? Those paces would be great to actually have!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo, @teresa502, @scott6255 and @7lenny7. I am hoping the wind dies down some before morning. It is really howling out there right now.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Im about to head out and yes what is up with all the wind this year? It seems a lot worse all over then past years. Have a great race @kgirlhart At least it's not RAINING also. LOL.

I think I set my goal for 125 this month and am currently at 99.67 miles. It's been a rough month running wise even tho it started really well with even a 10 miler but things seem to be getting better slowly. I still can't lie flat or even attempt a sit up but I can push the pace a little and if I don't cough everything stays fairly calm.

As far as mornings. When I was a lot younger I could get up get dressed and get out the door to run but one year I started running Saturdays wth a group of women around White Rock Lake in Dallas and found that having a good cup of coffee and being awake about an hour was actually a lot better so that is my new approach since then.

@quilteryoyo you definitely got a check mark for cross training yesterday and you DID get a walk in also. I haven't touched the racket in a few weeks since I had the injury but I need to do something for my upper body strength. I don't want to be one of those runners with an upper body of pudge. (no muscle).

@polskagirl01 I have a lot of business with our factory in Poland and it is really scary there also I know. It is amazing what you are doing to help. Bless you!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @SummerSkier You are doing great considering your injury this month. I do enjoy tennis and never feel like I am getting much exercise, but I guess it's just because it is a different form and I'm distracted by conversation.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Oh @polskagirl01 I think I speak for most of us here....I just can't imagine the hell you, your family, and your countrymen are going through! Praying for you all 🙏

This!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your AG placement and great race @kgirlhart! Great pictures 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    That's so sad @polskagirl01 . I'm glad everyone you know is okay and pray they can find those who are missing and they are safe. Sounds like the run was just what you needed.

Great race @kgirlhart ! Congratulations on your age group placement and meeting your goals of running the entire way and finishing in under an hour! You don't even look hot or tired in the pictures! I'd be all red faced with sweat dripping. LOL

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    4-1 = 1.00 mile walk - treadmill - doubles tennis in the morning
    4-2 = 1.00 mile walk - driveway
    4-3 = 2.25 mile wun on the driveway
    4-4 = 2.25 mile wun on the driveway after push mowing at mom's
    4-5 = 0.6 mile walk - 2.00 mile run part on driveway and part on treadmill
    4-6 = 1.00 mile walk - treadmill
    4-7 = 1.00 mile walk - treadmill
    4-8 = 1.00 mile walk - treadmill
    4-9 = 2.00 miles walk - treadmill
    4-10 = 1.00 mile walk - driveway laps
    4-11 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.00 mile Fast Finish Run - driveway laps
    4-12 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.00 mile Foundation Run - treadmill
    4-13 = 1.00 mile walk - driveway laps
    4-14 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.10 mile Speed Play Run - driveway laps
    4-15 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.50 mile Foundation Run on the road
    4-16 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.00 mile Foundation Run on the treadmill
    4-17 = 1.00 mile walk - driveway laps
    4-18 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.50 mile Fast Finish Run on the treadmill
    4-19 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.25 mile Foundation Run on the treadmill
    4-20 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.0 mile Foundation Run driveway laps
    4-21 = 0.70 mile walk - 2.30 mile Speed Play Run driveway laps - later push mowed for 24 minutes
    4-22 = 1.00 mile walk - driveway - Doubles tennis this morning
    4-23 = 0.70 mile walk - 3.00 mile Foundation Run on the road

47.75/70 miles

I got out about 11 for my run today. I probably should have gotten out a little earlier since it was getting hot by the time I finished (77°F). The plan called for 35 minutes easy pace. I went a bit longer in order to get 3.00 miles. My HR cooperated and stayed at 143 or below, mostly below. The rest of my body did not think it was an easy run though. My legs didn't want to move and breathing was a little difficult. That was probably due to pollen. I had to stop and walk a couple of times that I normally wouldn't, but they were short walks. Anything to get it done. I was actually proud of my pace today, with the lower HR. Overall, the average was 13:06 min/mile. I'll take that.

I think all of the dogs in the neighborhood were out today. I didn't see the sheep dog, so was going to run past his field. Well, she saw me and the barking began. At least she isn't quite as intense as she was when she was little and I don't think she can escape the fence now. Still, I turned around before I meant to to avoid her. Then, near another turn around point a dog that I know came running from her house, barking at me. We used to be friends, but she just hasn't liked me since she had a litter of pups a few years back. It was so weird. Anyway, again, I turned around a bit before I intended to and had to keep stopping to run her back to her house. Then, during my cool down walk a different neighbor's two boxers came running into the road at me. I have encountered them before, so know they are friendly, but they are big and don't understand personal space. The one ran right into my leg with his nose. The owner yelled and they went back in their yard. I assured her it was okay, that I knew they were friendly. And, finally, one of the dogs at the top of my hill, who is tied out, barked at me. He hasn't done that in a long time. I just thought it was interesting that I had all of the encounters today when some days I see/hear none of them.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the race @kgirlhart it was a windy muggy kind of morning for sure and you did excellent and no more worries about that past Covid case!

I think if the war expanded further into Poland it would become a much bigger global problem since Poland is a member of Nato and therefore legally other nations CAN step in with much more force. We have a factory in Tzcew (Flextronics) where they build Printed Circuit Board Assemblies for various customer and have a common project we are concluding right now. The time difference makes it harder of course. Oh my ANOTHER mining accident. I wonder if the ground is unstable from all the activity in the Ukraine?

@quilteryoyo that's WONDERFUL about your pace and run yesterday and even keeping your heart rate lower. I am lucky to keep mine below 180 if I am pushing it. Right now I haven't been able to use my Polar strap because of my ribs and my watch inflates heart rate by at least 10 maybe more when I run. After almost 5 years of pretty solid training I do not think my cardio rate is going to decrease.. Altho lately I have tried to keep it in different zones much as you would work a muscle in different positions. It looks like your training plan is really working for you.

I did 5 miles yesterday a little faster and my injury did not get mad at me so I am happy with that. Also tried out a new brand/style of shoes - New Balance Elite V2 and was quite happy with them. They are a good light weight and were immediately comfortable on my feet. I felt like I was floating when I was running with no obvious places rubbing etc. I am lazy and would prefer if I did not have to deal with laces and the bottom seemed to have some chunks out of it after my run so I give them an A grade but still the Alpha Zoom Nikes are A++ shoes for speed and weight.

Up to 104.69 out of 125 for the month in miles so unless the weather gets really bad I am on target.