Less Alcohol ~ APRIL 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    April accountability: 6 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (43.5 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

4/1 - 2 wine
    4/2 - 4 wine @ my sisters
    4/3 - AF
    4/4 - 1.5 wine
    4/5 - 2 Torchy Tini’s
    4/6 - AF
    4/7 - 2 wine
    4/8 - 3 wine
    4/9 - 3 drinks 1 margarita + 2 wine (half full small plastic cups at party) Couples Baby Shower
    4/10 - 3 margaritas Crawfish Boil; bags of frozen margaritas leftover from the previous evening event
    4/11 - AF
    4/12 - AF @ alumnae meeting
    4/13 - 1 bourbon & Diet Coke
    4/14 - 3 wine BUNCO
    4/15 - 1 margarita
    4/16 - 3 wine
    4/17 - AF
    4/18 - 2 wine (1 at home & 1 at 📚)
    4/19 - 2 wine
    4/20 - 1 margarita
    4/21 - 2 wine
    4/22 - 4 drinks 3 wine & 1 Benedictine in New Orleans
    4/23 - 4 drinks French Quarter Fest 1 beer, vodka, 2 wine & lots of water bottles!
    4/24 - AF

Driving home from New Orleans DH said he was not drinking the rest of the week ... well that lasted until he opened a bottle of wine after a long walk while he tried to talk himself out of opening a bottle.

I skipped. I'm ready for a few AF evenings!

Today they begin work on replacing our windows, siding & gutters and painting the house.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    @tmbg1
    Sounds like a few of us were/are having work stress.
    For sure we feel healthier (and less bloated) after an AF day.
    Hugs.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited April 2022
    @MissMay

Thanks for the photos and the recollection of what you have been seeing and doing.
    So happy that you are having fun : - )

And yes, wouldn't it be great to connect with @whitpauly ? Maybe message her through MFP?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k

I haven't been to the French Quarter for so long. Basically since I moved "West".
    I am living vicariously through you. So glad that you got over there : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    My usual goal, 16-20AF days for the month. Diary style.
    I had 21AF days for March, but it was a longer month.
    My reason for drinking less is for weight loss.

Friday April 22 - 2 drinks - HR to the rescue, my work issues solved : - ) Planned AF for Saturday, split shift on my usual day off, Sunday, so I need all of my energy. 1 day off is not enough for me, but this will be the last time for that.
    Saturday April 23 - AF - In preparation for a split shift
    Sunday April 24 - AF - Kind of felt like having a couple of drinks when finally getting home from work, just used some willpower not to.

Rolling total: 15AF day out of 24 days.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Awesome dispatch from Las Vegas! Thanks for that @MissMay. It sounds like you have hit the sweet spot of making the most of every experience while keeping it moderate. Kudos!

@Lilylady3k Ironic that you mentioned windows. I have a contractor and windows sub showing up in 15 minutes to bid on replacing all our windows. It's a chore we have postponed and postponed. Tried to talk my brother (he's an architect) into staying one more day to help me with the meeting. I'm nervous about it. Literally 3 windows are standard casement windows (so I am told). The rest are a more complicated custom somethingorother. The north & south walls of the main area of our house are glass, so the scope is intimidating. Very curious about your experience with the process, especially how long the work is taking.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited April 2022
    They look very pretty, @Lilylady3k. Are they aluminum or fiberglass? I have a lot of learning to do. Evidently vinyl and wood are other options.

Well, I was wrong about everything. As it turns out, the main area windows aren't actually windows but rather "insulated glass." The windows sub said it would change the architecture to replace them with windows. So the GC needs to find a new sub for that.

Looks like a beautiful sunny day in NOLA.
    ETA: Your azaleas look pretty too!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    They look very pretty, @Lilylady3k. Are they aluminum or fiberglass? I have a lot of learning to do. Evidently vinyl and wood are other options.

Aluminum. The aluminum frame is thinner than the fiberglass/vinyl ones when replacing so that I still have lots of glass and a view. :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Love all of the photos.
    Love the French Quarter!!