What's on your mind?

Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Hawaii, without hesitation.
    I suppose it wasn't possible to get out of there any time sooner. Who'duv thunk. Won't you be glad to get back on that plane.🚕

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,671 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    There was a spider crawling on the ceiling above my shower earlier and that concerned me. Now I've lost sight of him. And that concerns me even more.

My dd has a spider phobia and I used to have all these plastic spiders of different sizes and colors. I used to place them all over the house, just for her. I put one on the top of the shower nozzle and it fell while she was showering. She didn't freak out, just said 'oh funny mom'.
    But I got her good by sneaking a really big ominous yellow and black one in her bed. I ran when she pulled the covers down, screamed and came racing down the stairs cursing at me the whole way. :) I'll have to ask her if she remembers that.

I'm so mean.

I would have to agree... that was mean. 🤣
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    How special it is to be part of a school play or any kind of performance. It's an amazing feeling that for a split second or 2 minutes or 5 minutes you are the only thing everyone is giving their undivided attention to. It's such a special feeling and I'm glad my boy will get to experience it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    These "prayers" that are on loudspeakers all over the country of Turkey at 4:30 am. They sound like a cross between wailing and talking. It's loud, it's obnoxious. Not everybody cares or wants to hear it. I wish they'd stop forcing it on everyone and waking the entire population with this.

Put that stuff on a livestream on the internet, and let everyone who wants to hear it, hear it. I don't know of a single country in the world where Christains blast on megaphones all over the country about how Jesus dies for your sins and that you should repent and accept him.

You know, most people travel because they have an interest in learning about other cultures. As a good friend of mine once said "I travel because I want to eat different food and have different experiences than the United States".

I say this kindly, but please, the next time stay home--save your money.
  • N2couture22
    N2couture22 Posts: 62 Member
    @ReenieHJ I am planning to have a B&J pint on Monday. Join me with the peanut butter one?

I might, they're on sale for 3.99 this week. :)

I'm awful and became fixated on the caramel core. My nemesis food. The great destroyer.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @ReenieHJ I am planning to have a B&J pint on Monday. Join me with the peanut butter one?

Do it😈
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,437 Member
    Being awake at 2:31am
  • Alinouveau2
    When is it going to rain???!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    You know those graveside services they have in the spring because they couldn't during the winter? I'm going to one in June and really am stupid about dress etiquette. I know it's most important that I'm there but is a black dress still appropriate? I feel since it'll be almost summer I should be dressed all flowery and stuff. :/
    Just wondering.
  • ReenieHJ

Do it😈

I'm amazing myself with my restraint. It's been in the freezer, unopened, since Sunday. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    edited April 2022
    There was a spider crawling on the ceiling above my shower earlier and that concerned me. Now I've lost sight of him. And that concerns me even more.

My dd has a spider phobia and I used to have all these plastic spiders of different sizes and colors. I used to place them all over the house, just for her. I put one on the top of the shower nozzle and it fell while she was showering. She didn't freak out, just said 'oh funny mom'.
    But I got her good by sneaking a really big ominous yellow and black one in her bed. I ran when she pulled the covers down, screamed and came racing down the stairs cursing at me the whole way. :) I'll have to ask her if she remembers that.

I'm so mean.

I would have to agree... that was mean. 🤣

To my credit she shouldn't have made it into a challenge by being so blasé about the other 20 or so spiders I tried to scare her with. Lol I had to up my game. :) Plus I'd never scare a little girl, she was well into her 20's. Hmmm, maybe that's why she moved across country? :#
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    We go so long without seeing each other. You are so hot and cold with me. I know many many other people are drawn to you. I know that even when we have seasons that make it difficult to be together, we will reunite. I’ll always come back to you. You may be east but you are my true north. Sometimes calm, sometimes turbulent. But strong and reliable. And a sight to behold. Thank you for having me. We will never stay apart forever.

azyr9wqbswtc.jpeg

My lake of course.😋
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    You know those graveside services they have in the spring because they couldn't during the winter? I'm going to one in June and really am stupid about dress etiquette. I know it's most important that I'm there but is a black dress still appropriate? I feel since it'll be almost summer I should be dressed all flowery and stuff. :/
    Just wondering.

Funeral dress etiquette still calls for conservative and traditional clothing in darker tones. I think it’s meant to keep the attention on the person you are remembering. Honestly, I have and I would wear something black or black and white. I’m sorry about your friend.😕
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    edited April 2022
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Just wondering.

My dad's was delayed a couple months and his was at the end of May. Everyone wore dark colors. We wouldn't have cared if they hadn't though.

• Alinouveau2
    Why does my arm hurt? Like it feels like I've scratched it but there's not a mark
  • ErinKeegan2
    ErinKeegan2 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm thinking about my wedding all the time, about invitation letters, guests, wedding dress and so on, I even can't work because of it .. also I'm thinking about how much our wedding will cost :#