WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Pip-well the best news for Yogi would be no cancer, but it sounds like he is fortunate his parents got him in quickly and it is treatable.

Machka-Hoka’s are a bit too high arched for me. I have one high arch and one flat foot. I got another pair of new balance (different style/color) and a pair of Brooks. My feet were hurting on top so podiatrist told me to try different lacing pattern. I left a couple of eyes in the middle open and it makes a most wonderful difference. I have to wear my orthotics most of the time (I also have turf toe on both feet).

Terri-impressive parchment work!

RvRita-very nice little garden.

In addition to the two athletic shoes, I picked up two mary janes (one black, one navy) and a black slip-on-all Dansko's. I order a brown slip one. I do have two pair of Naot sandals I can fit my orthotics in (a navy and a burgundy). Will be gathering shoes I can't use together tomorrow to take to colleague at work to see what she can use. The rest will go to goodwill.

Friend in hospital still does not have definitive diagnosis so not sure what is going on with her. She is texting sporadically. Perhaps she will feel up to talking tomorrow when she has more test results.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I did my dumbbells! 30 reps. Yay!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    We’re having a relatively quiet day. No grocery shopping so far and I’m enjoying a bit of rest. I filled our hummingbird feeders with sugar water. Watching them is a pleasure. I also enjoy the Great Blue Heron that wades in a grassy area beside the river.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Been taking notes but will make a better post when we get home Monday. Know right now that I've been reading. Prayers for those who need them. Congrats to all

Always feel stuffed so will be glad to get back to decent eating.

Michele
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    9 years ago, I asked the following question on Facebook:

Imagine ... if you had the chance to design the house of your dreams, what would you include in it? What kind of rooms? An office? A workout room? A music room? Would it be eco/green? What kind of closets?

Now, I'd like a place that is all one level with the usual living, dining, kitchen in a kind of open plan, 3 bedrooms so that we can use one as an office, big bathroom, laundry, and a bonus room for our home gym. Plus attached garage. 🙂
    I'd like a deck out back as well.
    All easily accessible.

Something much like this ... except I'd renovate the bathroom into one big room.

5pccy0myl8rt.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We had a pleasant day at home today. I cleaned the kitchen and filled hummingbird feeders. It was a treat to see them drinking their sugar water. ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited May 2022
    The parents didn’t get back until 12.35. We were knackered. They were absolutely over-the-moon with their first Barmitzvah experience! My son estimated it must have vost around £100,000. The best hotel, super-chef luxury food, amazing Klesmer band, dancing, chair lifts, the speeches etc etc etc. He drove us home, but I couldn't get to sleep until 3 am, as I had absorbed all their excitement!
    Woke up at my usual 6.30 after a restless few hours.

Glad we could do it for them though. He is putting himself out for me next weekend for my brother's party. I have donated to my brother's favourite charity for his present, at my brother's request. o:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, dogs to powerline
    Bonus: Crissey Field, 3 sets PT, veg prep, ‘nother load laundry
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 141.8, H20x5, active 4:49
    Meaningful May
    8: Set yourself a kindness mission to help others today.

Great walk on the beach despite occasional heavy “mist.” ;) Did all 3 sets PT exercises, yay me!

Machka is your exercise area below the house outdoors?
    Annie ((hugs))
    Pip (hugs) and extra smooches for Yogi.
    Terri that parchment craft is lovely, so lacelike!
    Lanette :love: the lettuce pics. 30F? (brr)
    Rita 100F? Wow! :love: your garden, especially the left behind with the tiny lavender/purple blooms.
    Ginny :love: my Dansko ankle boots and dress clogs, also my Naot sandals. Have a pair of Taos flats that are v. comfortable.
    Mostly nowadays I wear my New Balance, waterproof walking shoes and hiking boots ;). Would love to see a pic of your burgundy Naot sandals ;)
    Anny, dumbbells and stopping chocolate at one piece? Yay you!
    Tracey :love: Michaela’s ceramics.
    Katla Joe and I are really enjoying the hummingbird feeders you recommended. I make up the nectar, Joe cleans and refills the feeders. It gives us something to do together and to talk about. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Heather one hundred thousand pounds for a 13 year old’s Bar Mitzvah? O M G. What are vhaur lifts?

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Terri, I have not seen that parchment paper crafting - how lovely it is!

Sue, Thinking of you.

Happy Mother's Day for those celebrating today!

My son and his family are taking us to a drag show brunch for Mother's Day. :D

Karen in Virginia

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Machka-very surprised that housing layout does not have a separate master bathroom-given that it has two separate toilets and sinks. I agree-I would make one large bath or add a full second.

Tracey-how nice the girls enjoy ceramics with you.

Heather-Bar mitzvahs can indeed be expensive (around the cost of wedding). It sounds like your son went to an especially expensive one!

Barbara AHMOD- picture of Naot's in spoiler. I must admit my new balance shoes are wonderful. My days of being able to pick up anything to wear are long over. Good shoes are worth the money and while I bought several pair yesterday-they are replacing a much larger stock I have acquired. Quite possible with retirement within sight, the days of buying dress/work shoes are over!
    pjis66i54syk.png

Since I am off to Columbus for a few hours, need to get in work out and walk and a bit of house pick up before I leave.

Hope those who celebrate have a wonderful Mothers Day and those who don't also have a wonderful day!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka is your exercise area below the house outdoors?

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif

No ... we've got a sort of "basement" which is actually a garage plus storage area under our house. The access to it is through an external door.

27ie5quidfpl.png

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited May 2022
    Barbara - it was meant to be 'chair lift' but mfp was playing up. ;) I've corrected it.
    The actual Bar Mitzvah was during covid, so numbers were very limited and no party. Since then they also missed a 40th etc so they threw the boat out. My son said he had never been to an event with so many rich people. They were definitely the poorest people there!
    The food was from Nobu (look it up), Black Cod etc. And started with canapés and went on forever. He was super impressed with one of the best Klezmer bands in London and they don't come cheap. Also enjoyed the speech the boy gave about his family's ancestry, history etc.

It's great to give the parents the chance to do something different that creates memories for them. It's very hard bringing up 3 children and both working full time at high pressure.
    I can rest any time :D I think DH is feeling it though. We have both done our exercises this morning. o:)

Beautiful day out there. Blue, blue sky. Warming up.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

• Machka9
    edited May 2022
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-very surprised that housing layout does not have a separate master bathroom-given that it has two separate toilets and sinks. I agree-I would make one large bath or add a full second.

Ginny in Ohio

There is an ensuite with shower off the master.

Then a bathroom (with separate tub and shower) and a toilet room.

The bathroom (with separate tub and shower) and toilet room is a very common setup here in Australia. We've got that in our current house, but our bathroom is bigger than the one in the floorplan I posted. Our bathroom is the size of a bedroom and we use the tub area for storage some of the time.

Personally, I'm not fond of that setup and in the floorplan, I'd make the ensuite, bathroom and toilet room all one room with a tub and shower combination, one sink and toilet, but room in case walkers or wheelchairs are needed.

hbvvac7hzt4i.png

M in Oz