Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    @nsk1951 (((hugs))) I can imagine how hard it would be to leave a place with so many memories.

Just a quick update: Himmit and I have made it safely to Arizona. Because we are moving to raw land, we have several more obstacles to overcome before we can even begin to rest. Everything is a struggle, including a simple internet search for one service/place for example (electricity, signal, time. etc). Although we have been through many struggles in a short time, we have been blessed and guided by God, I think. We are still pushing through and hoping in HIS mercy. Hopefully soon HE will give us a break. For now, it seems like every single task is met with some sort of struggle. People have welcomed us, which is nice. I've been working out, not regular exercises but loading and doing work on land and road. I'm sunburnt but hopeful. We've met a few neighbors and also a few of our four legged neighbors (most harmless except the snakes). We're in high desert and it's really beautiful here. The stars are breathtaking.
    I probably won't be using My Fitness Pal much in the many weeks to come. If you can, tag or message me somehow. Signal, electricity, time, gas, water etc being what they are this is not a priority for me; thank you for your understanding.
    Hope y'all are well!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Can an ex-wife consider herself a widow after he dies? I feel like one. It's hard to imagine how his wife must feel ... they were together for longer than we had been. But he and I were the parents of our child and were mutually involved in that, which prolonged our connection. One thing ... it was a shock and I wanted to deny it happened, and that first day found me crying at odd times ... but it was 'over' by the next day. By the next day, he was just someone I knew, someone I had been close to at one time, but not any longer. ... Still, I now feel like a widow instead of a divorcee ... well, actually, come to think on it more closely ... today, the 4th day out, I feel pretty much like I have felt these past years ... just like myself, an independent single woman. ... I hope his passing was easy. I hope our child comes out of this ok. I hope he is in a 'better place'. Goodby old man ... see you sometime, somewhere, some when.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    @nsk1951- Sorry for your loss. May God guide you through the grief each day. Best wishes with the balancing videos.
    @MrsHermit- Glad you made it safely and God is always proving in his way. Glad you met some neighbors and that your loving the sights. I will keep you in my prayers.
    As for more I am constantly hungry not for anything specific just hungry. My weight has stalled last 3 weeks. I however have walked over 30 miles so far in April earned a new medal supporting Autism.
    I have also been focused on some self help reading and journaling…Starting to feel like not enough time in the day which I know there is..,just need to re-prioritize.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Has anyone ever tested the information the app provides after logging your food… It will usually say if you continue to eat like this your weight will be ### at the end of five weeks. I’m just curious if anybody’s ever tested that to see if the numbers are accurate or close.
  • nsk1951
    @mnwalkingqueen ... those numbers MFP gives when you finalize a day are not reliable. I think they are meant to give you motivation ... because who can eat exactly the same every day! ... Also, theoretically, going strictly by numbers it sounds like it would work, however our bodies do not actually react exactly the same to the same number of calories coming in from different sources, at different times, under different conditions. ... And, to specifically answer your question; ... Yes, I did try to stay the same calories for a period of time to see if it worked ... that's was before I understood that it's not something that I could rely on, or keep the same all the time. ... Good luck if your try it. ...

Thanks for the kind comments to me. My son has flown 'home' to take care of business. It hurts to see him suffer so. I recall how I felt when my dad died ... it sucks royal! Good thing our kid knows it's not healthy to hold it in, that you need to get some mental release by physical activity and communication. I know he doesn't realize it on an emotional level yet ... that time does not 'heal', it makes it 'livable', and you DO find light in your life once again.
  • nsk1951
    Saturday Weigh In results ...
    5'3" tall
    Highest weight: 278 lb
    Goal weight: 175 lb
    1/1/22 : 233.0
    1/29/22: 230.8
    2/26.22: 224
    3/26/22: 223.4
    4/2/22: ??
    4/15/22: 218.8
    WELL .. that's almost 5 pounds down from my last weigh-in under normal circumstances on my bathroom scale .. my goal is 5 pound increments ... I'm so close to it! ...
    I think the thing that has been propelling me forward with my weight loss is this big move I have made. I got notified about "this" apartment being available on 1/6/22 ... and signed the lease on 2/15 ... and started moving in on 3/7. And so for all this time I have been much more physically mobile, for a far much longer duration than in the past many years! ... Not that I have been going 'crazy' or 'gung-ho' about physical activity .. it's just that I have been working at it continually and been too busy to eat the hearty and varied meals that are my usual fair ... and It's having it's natural effect. ... What am I going to do to keep up the momentum once all my unpacking and settling-in is done?

Yesterday I took my first walk to the main street down 2 buildings from my apartment complex. I learned something new ... that I can, for short periods of time, really book-it with that wheeled contraption (my walker) to cross a busy street in the 20 seconds it gives you to do it. .. The first time I was 4 seconds shy of making it to the curb but coming back I tried much harder and made it with a couple of seconds to spare! ... Now I know I can make it that far on my own ... so part of my ongoing plan is to walk outside to explore my new neighborhood whenever I can, for however long I can manage. ... And, I made sure that my key-fob opens the exercise room available to us tenants ... they have a variety of mechanical pieces of equipment plus some weights and a bench .. That's a start. ...

I hope everyone has a 'good' week ahead. With warming temperatures as Spring takes it's hold and brightens our days ... remember, April showers bring May flowers!

@MrsHermit ... come on whenever you can stop by and let us know how you are getting on. We will always be happy to be updated and wish you well.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    @nsk1951- Wow! I needed to hear that today…Time doesn’t heal! At lunch with one of my friends we are talking about how old my son would be… we both realize that seven years has passed since he died and some days it seems like just yesterday and other days it seems like forever. I’m glad your son is realizing about the talking and the physical exercise part because I didn’t understand and I didn’t really leave my house for about a year and I was in like a two year depression. I will keep your son in my prayers. I’m glad you got to walk around your neighborhood and check some things out. I’ve always loved exploring new neighborhoods.
  • nsk1951
    5'3" tall
    1/1/22 : 233.0
    4/2/22: ??
    4/16/22: 218.8
    4/23/22: 220.0 ....
    .... Well, that's the thing about slow weight loss like I experience ... either one good poop or one day of eating too much of something and ... there you go, a weight change that can make or break your day - if you let it. ... My food has been on the good side all week long however yesterday I got into food that I normally don't have in the house cause I will eat it all up instead of portioning it out over days or weeks ... a box of Girl Scout Cookies, a stack of crackers and half a small tub of Port Wine cheese were my food of choice for the day ... not healthy nor conducive towards the achievement of my goal of getting that third 5 pound mark this year. Maybe next week?

@mnwalkingqueen ... I think that anyone who tells you to buck up and go back to living after you suffer a loss of a child hasn't ever been in your shoes. My mother lost a child when she was an infant and cried over that baby the rest of her entire life when she spoke of her. My sister lost a son in 2004 and tells me that when she lets it, her sorrow can devour her her soul. I know that I still grieve for the loss of my nephews, my parents and my brother ... and I still cry over the death of the marriage I had with my sons dad sometimes, even though that occurred nearly 50 years ago. Loss is loss, your mind brings back memories and emotions as if they were in real time now, not back when. ... Hugs.
  • nsk1951
    Oh everyone ... I hope you have a great week ahead ... with nice weather and sunny skies and the joy of being alive. Keep on truckin' cause the road is never ending.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    well happy Saturday everybody… I walked 10 miles today I am so proud of myself. I walked around the Mall of America with my friend before it opened and that was 7 miles.I came home and my dog Riley was feeling neglected. I took him on about 1 1/2 mile walk before I started to feel exhausted. Instead of going home and sitting on my butt like I normally would I then went grocery shopping and when everything was said and done 10 miles.
    I am also glad that the season is getting better with temperature wise because I am now wanting to drink more water. I don’t like drinking water when it’s cold out.
    Today when I weighed myself another yahoo.I finally got out of my slump of not losing and I was down a pound and a half.
    @nsk1951- oh that is a lot of loss for the women in your family. God bless all of them.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Hello everyone! I just caught up reading everything from December until now.

I am so sorry to read of everyone's losses and struggles. I can relate as I have been having a rough time myself. In January my mother passed away from Covid. It was a shock to us. She went to the hospital and a week later she passed away. The hospital would not allow us to visit her aside from standing outside the hospital in the cold and peer in through her window. She had difficulty breathing so she was not able to speak on the phone. We never got to say goodbye. I took 2 weeks off from work between the hospital, funeral and cleaning out the house. The day after I returned I found out one of my student's had Covid. The week after that I was hit in the face by a student and was injured. I celebrated my birthday having x-rays done of my face. I felt like life was spinning completely out of control. During this time I lost about 10 lbs during this time just because I had zero appetite and was depressed. I had a few days where my glucose spiked much higher than it normally is but not as high as when I was in the hospital last year. Logging, making healthy choices and exercising had been non exsistent. I just could not handle it on top of everything else I was dealing with. Once I started eating again I regained some of those 10 lbs. I have been fluctuating between 210-214 since then. Mid February I decided to start exercising (cardio) again. I have been doing very well with that however my food choices/ portions could use some work. My goal for April was to start logging my food again. So far I have been doing okay-ish. I have missed a few meals here and there but I have been logging honestly. This week I decided to add back in strength training after my cardio. I am a bit achy but it is a good ache. Today was a rough day all around. It is the 4 year anniversary of my dad's passing. I struggled with my food choices and did a bit of binge eating. I tried creating recipes so I can log the foods I ate however the MFP app keeps giving me an error message. I logged into the website in hopes it was just the app but I continued to get error messages. :( However, while on the website I decided to pop in here and see what everyone is up to. I am going to try to pop in more frequently and say hi. I miss you all.

@skinnyjeanzbound
    I am especially sorry to read about Gunner. He was so very blessed because of the life you and your husband gave him.

• mnwalkingqueen
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I just caught up reading everything from December until now.

I am so sorry to read of everyone's losses and struggles. I can relate as I have been having a rough time myself. In January my mother passed away from Covid. It was a shock to us. She went to the hospital and a week later she passed away. The hospital would not allow us to visit her aside from standing outside the hospital in the cold and peer in through her window. She had difficulty breathing so she was not able to speak on the phone. We never got to say goodbye. I took 2 weeks off from work between the hospital, funeral and cleaning out the house. The day after I returned I found out one of my student's had Covid. The week after that I was hit in the face by a student and was injured. I celebrated my birthday having x-rays done of my face. I felt like life was spinning completely out of control. During this time I lost about 10 lbs during this time just because I had zero appetite and was depressed. I had a few days where my glucose spiked much higher than it normally is but not as high as when I was in the hospital last year. Logging, making healthy choices and exercising had been non exsistent. I just could not handle it on top of everything else I was dealing with. Once I started eating again I regained some of those 10 lbs. I have been fluctuating between 210-214 since then. Mid February I decided to start exercising (cardio) again. I have been doing very well with that however my food choices/ portions could use some work. My goal for April was to start logging my food again. So far I have been doing okay-ish. I have missed a few meals here and there but I have been logging honestly. This week I decided to add back in strength training after my cardio. I am a bit achy but it is a good ache. Today was a rough day all around. It is the 4 year anniversary of my dad's passing. I struggled with my food choices and did a bit of binge eating. I tried creating recipes so I can log the foods I ate however the MFP app keeps giving me an error message. I logged into the website in hopes it was just the app but I continued to get error messages. :( However, while on the website I decided to pop in here and see what everyone is up to. I am going to try to pop in more frequently and say hi. I miss you all.

@skinnyjeanzbound
    I am especially sorry to read about Gunner. He was so very blessed because of the life you and your husband gave him.

I knew about your mom but I didn’t know you were dealing with all the other stuff on top of that. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. If you ever just want to vent feel free to reach out to me. Hugs to you as you go through the Anniversary your dad. Sometimes when I’m going through rough patches dealing with grief or loss I put in movies or watch TV shows like “This Is Us” that make me cry all the time it’s therapeutic I guess for me. Keep your head up.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @mnwalkingqueen
    Thank you. <3 It's been a rough few months but things are looking a bit better now. I just wanted to explain why I dropped off the face of the earth and have not been sticking to MFP like I used to.

I love This is Us! I never got around to watching the last season, my bestie advised I avoid it for a while because it may touch too close to home for me. I usually watch a show when I bike. I am planning on watching it when I finish the show I just started. I started Vampire Diaries on Netflix. I've been trying to pick shows that have multiple seasons so it lasts me a while. Though This is Us is one of those shows that I will probably start watching again from the beginning then watch until the final season.

My cherry blossom tree went into bloom. Today the sky is an amazing blue color. It is absolutely beautiful against the sky with the sun shinning through. I could sit and stare at it's beauty all day. I like to sit outside and look at it while focusig on breathing. I find it helps keep me grounded and refreshes me. I wish the tree would stay in bloom longer than it does.

I bought a few new clothes for the warmer months. I am almost into a size large for pants!!! I can get them on but they do emphasize my belly a bit more than I would like. I am hoping in another month they will be perfect. I picked up 2 new bathing suits, 2 pairs of capris, a few bike shorts and a few pairs of knit shorts for workouts. Last week I swapped out my winter wardrobe for spring/summer. To my surprise I had a lot of shorts in smaller sizes so I didn't have to buy much. Today and tomorrow are in the mid 50s however starting this weekend we will see temps in the 60s. I am so excited that it is warming up. At the beginning of April I treated my daughter and I to new bikes. My old mountain bike had a flat tire and break issues, the frame was starting to rust. I decided it was time to say goodbye to her and invest in a new bike. I've had her for over 20 years. I am hoping to get some family bike rides in on the weekends along with lots of gardening! If you remember, I love to garden and grow my own fruits and veggies. I already have some plants started and waiting for it to be warm enough to plant outside.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • nsk1951
    5'3" tall
    12/28/22: 234
    4/30/22: 219.6
    Well, another month is ending today and I did lose a tiny bit this last week of it, but not enough to have made my goal of 5 pounds this month. ... That's ok, I'll hit it in May and go beyond ...

On another thread, there were some posters lamenting the weight shifts up and down and suggestions from others that ranged from weigh every day to not at all based on the way you personally react to what the scale says that day. ... What do you do?

AFM .. I do tend to weigh myself daily, but I don't always record it, and on those day's I don't weigh myself it's usually because I forgot to do it. However I only record my Saturday morning weights here. Either way, what I am looking for is a downward trend. The daily weights simply meant to help me know if I need to take a particular medication or not that day. However I have found a correlation to the TYPE of food I have eaten within the last couple of days to what is showing on the scale, and it also seems to affect how active my digestive system is. Has anyone else made that kind of connection with their own tracking and looking back?

Here is a MFP chart of my progress these 4 months I have been back using MFP ...2vhk2gbma0lj.jpg

Here's looking to a GREAT MAY ... with warmer weather in our north of the equator hemisphere encouraging us come out of our winter shells I am going to start that program of walking my neighborhood. It's not only a way to get out into the fresh air (albeit full of downtown car fumes!) to get some Sunshine Vitamin D but also a way of getting me out of my "Ivory Tower" apartment and getting these legs and knees moving for as long as they still remain mobile.

Have a great week everyone. May your troubles become more manageable, less disruptive to your lives. May you great each with hope and renewal. May you rest each night with peace of mind.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    @nsk1951- personally for myself the scale puts me in a negative mind thought.. If I don’t see it going down then I tend to get negative in my head and sabotage all the good things I’ve been doing. I weigh myself every Saturday morning right after I wake up no clothes on my doctor said that’s when you’re at your lowest weight is in the morning. Also um I’m not sure if this is the same for everybody but my doctor said it takes three days for your food and an exercise to adjust on the scale. So an example of myself is if I eat an entire pizza on a Saturday it’s not going to show up instantly on Sunday. I am glad to hear that you went down it’s OK that you didn’t meet your goal you still tried. I was hoping to end this month at 246 pounds but I ended at 248 which is less than my goal which is OK I’m still getting closer and I am learning more than I have in the past and being on here about myself.
    @JNettie73- sounds like you’ve had a lot of wins… Clothes that fit that are new and old, a new bike. I wish you could get warm enough in Minnesota for me to wear shorts I haven’t wore shorts in about 10 years. I haven’t been in a swimsuit or swimming since 2010 it’s just not warm enough for me. I do wear T-shirts in the summertime but it’s usually with yoga pants or a pair jeans. I have on occasion wore a couple of Capri pants. I realize I am a rare exception if it’s not 90+ degrees I’m not putting on shorts or a swimsuit and it rarely gets that around here. I do know the difference between heat and humidity most Minnesota people don’t 😆. Ironically my new neighbors asked me how I like my air conditioner and if it is big enough to cool off my whole house. I told them I’ve lived here since 2012 and I’ve never used it so I don’t know and he just looked at me like what the F I told him it’s never warm enough to turn an air conditioner on just opening up the windows is good enough for me. And he just shook his head and laughed.

as for myself I ended the week with 18.2 miles walked intentionally for my Sesame Street challenge and another 6.5 miles just in the morning dog walks that I don’t count for my challenge. I am hoping with the amount of weight that I lost that my doctor will allow me to try to wean myself off my blood pressure medication being I’ve lost over 30 pounds and I have a decent exercise routine in place. I’m just waiting to hear back from her. I mean I could always just go off of it myself if I really wanted to I don’t like the swollen feet side effects. I also can’t take the one that makes you pee all the time because I’m always outside and in Covid times there’s not always a public restroom available. She tried me on one other medication and one of the side effects said to stay out of the sun well that’s counterproductive for me because when the sun is out I’m outside 90% of my day so I broke out in hives.
    Mother’s Day I’m gonna do race for the cure I think I’m going to do the 2.5 mile loop even though I really want to see what the inside of the US Bank Stadium looks like. I feel like 1.5 mile loop it’s just not that long… however it does depend on the weather because if it’s raining like it is today I will definitely be walking inside. I’ve never done a race like that before so I’m kind of excited.
    well the scale didn’t move this week same as last week. But I also know why I ate an entire pizza to myself and I ate chipotle a lot of chipotle. I guess what is good for me this time around is instead of getting depressed about that and eating even more I just know what caused it and going forward what to do about it. I guess I’m taking more accountability this time around which is maybe why I’ve actually gotten past the 30 pound mark. I’m not much past it but I’m past it. The last few times I tried this I hit 25 to 30 pounds and I give up and I gain it all plus some back and this time I’ve decided I am not going to give up mistakes are part of the process and learning from our mistakes is going to be helpful. I hope everybody has a good week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!!
    Wow, I blinked and another month flew by. I just finished catching up on posts since I was last here in March.

@JNettie73 -- I am so sorry to hear about you mother--I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. I also hope you weren't injured too badly by your student--that's so scary! Thank you so much for your condolences about Gunner. He was a good boy, and I miss him, but it was definitely his time. I'm glad you are enjoying better weather than we have here in Chicago. Its cold and dreary and not at all spring-like right now which has put me in a bad mood. On the plus side, we are supposed to start warming up this weekend, so I just hope spring decides to stick around for more than a day or two.

@holly-- I can't believe it's been 7 years since you lost your son--hugs to you, friend. I hope your weather is also getting better, but kudos to you for continuing your walking, even in the cold rain. I am a big baby and will not walk/run outside if it's not at least 50 degrees. LOL! Congrats on passing that 30 lb mark--that's a great accomplishment, and you're right about just letting go of the mistakes and continuing forward. We will never be perfect, and life will always include indulgences from time to time. Regarding your question about the 5 week prediction when you close out your diary. When I first started on MFP, I used to put a little note on the date 5 weeks out with the prediction to see if it was correct. At that time, I was VERY strict about eating 1200 net calories/day, and yes, the predictions were always spot on!

@nsk1951 -- congrats on your move! I also tend to weigh in every day, but I only officially record my weight in MFP when the scale drops below my previous low. Even here in the thread, the Friday weight I post below is whatever was lowest for the week. By doing this, I've learned to ignore the day to day fluctuations and focus more on the general trend of my weight. Trending up means I need to make changes to my diet and exercise; trending up means I need to keep doing what I'm doing. Right now, I'm trending up, and I know this is because I haven't been active enough.

AFM-- It's been so long that I will try to give the short version:
    California was wonderful! It was great spending time with old friends and just hanging out with them for a week. Weather was lovely--in the high 60s/low 70s the whole week--so we had a couple of pool days, a couple of days hiking, and a lot of time just relaxing. They asked me to come back in late July to dogsit for 2 weeks while they are on vacation. My husband is not ready to rescue another dog yet and wants to wait a year, so I can get my doggie time watching their adorable pups.

I was consistently visiting the gym 5x/week before I left for Cali, but I've struggled to get back into that routine since returning. Partially this was due to being busy with work and union stuff, and then I was so run down and tired. I also was very sick Easter weekend--I slept for about 36 hours straight! I took a COVID test and it said negative, but it felt very much like the response I had to the vaccine--chills, fever, headache--and it took another week to get my full energy back,

Anyway, I went to the gym yesterday, and I will go again tomorrow. I didn't keep track of my weigh-ins over the past month, but my weight has stayed in the low 190s. Four and a half weeks until I leave for Barcelona!!

Karen
    52 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Official 1/1/2022 weigh in = 193
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

1/7/22 = 191
    2/4/22 = 192.6
    2/11/22 = 189
    2/18/22 = 191.2
    2/25/22 = 191
    3/4/22 = 191.2
    3/11/22 = 191.8
    3/18/22 = 190.6
    4/29/22 = 192.6
  • nsk1951
    edited May 2022
    5'3" tall
    12/28/22: 234
    5/7/2022: 218.6
    My scale was acting hooey this morning and gave me 3 different readings! I chose the highest one as what my weight probably is, as it was the closest to the average for the week ... and GOOD NEWS ... this new weight has that 5 pound goal being reached. So now another 5 pound goal is the 'golden apple'. Plus, I had my new physician follow up and came in at the middle of my weight-range goal for that appointment. So it is a win-win week for me.
    Sadly, I injured my shoulder's during the move during the month of March ... most likely by lifting and moving boxes that were too heavy for me repeatedly. So now I am in physical therapy to see if I can improve my rotator cuffs and tendons/ligaments ... turns out to be specific types of movements that are isometric, to try to stretch the bunched up muscles and extend mobility. I like that PT doc ...

@mnwalkingqueen ... I can relate to your feelings about the scale. I used to have similar reactions but have, fortunately, learned not to let the changes on it derail me.

@skinnyjeanzbound ... You know what? As I think back on it, it was posting to this thread under my prior profiles in years past that helped me to get over the ups and downs in my moods when the scale didn't go the way I wanted it to. ... and one of the posters who was steady on here all the time was YOU. Thanks for that. ... I don't think I'd still be keeping at it without the motivation this thread has provided.

@JNettie73. ... welcome back, come by anytime you can, or feel like it. We'll be here.

PS ... Hope everyone has a good week ahead and that Mother's Day is a happy one for all of us.

• mnwalkingqueen
    Hi everyone hope you’re all doing good! Summer weather has finally sprung here in Minnesota and as much as I hate the gnats and the bugs I’m going to enjoy the weather.

@karen- I’m so glad to hear that you’re Cali trip was good. it is also awesome that you have the ability to dog sit for your friends in July. I hope you are feeling better.
    @nsk1951- I am sorry to hear that you injured your shoulder. I will keep you in my prayers for good healing. Good job on the weight loss.

as for me I was looking back on my years here on my fitness pal and the last time I weighed in the 240s was 2014. So I think hitting the 240s is a huge accomplishment at this point. I also decided to try not to take my blood pressure medication and see how things changed or not. I definitely am not as tired anymore and my feet do not swell up all the time… However for the first week my blood pressure was pretty normal hi all readings. But this week it seems like they’re creeping back up to where they were when I was put on the medication… So I am assuming in the first week I still had built up medication in my system. I’m still gonna talk to my doctor about it because I really have enjoyed not being so tired and being able to wear all of my tennis shoes because my feet are not swelling. I have also been drinking about 80 to 120 ounces of water each day.

• nsk1951
    @mnwalkingqueen ... Be CAREFUL ... about that medication. I mean, about stopping/starting on your own even if you don't like the side affects ... best to make an appointment with your doctor and talk it over rather than flirt with whatever danger the high blood pressure could cause. ... Just saying ...

However .. I do know what you mean about puffy feet from BP meds ... my doctor put me on a calcium channel blocker and I blew up with swelling in my feet and refused to take that med any longer so he switched me to something else that didn't have that effect on me but still got the job done to keep the numbers in a more acceptable range.

Good Luck. ... And ... Congratulations of hitting a previous low.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    nsk1951 wrote: »
    @mnwalkingqueen ... Be CAREFUL ... about that medication. I mean, about stopping/starting on your own even if you don't like the side affects ... best to make an appointment with your doctor and talk it over rather than flirt with whatever danger the high blood pressure could cause. ... Just saying ...

However .. I do know what you mean about puffy feet from BP meds ... my doctor put me on a calcium channel blocker and I blew up with swelling in my feet and refused to take that med any longer so he switched me to something else that didn't have that effect on me but still got the job done to keep the numbers in a more acceptable range.

Good Luck. ... And ... Congratulations of hitting a previous low.
    that is what I am on is a calcium blocker because the other medication they tried me on gave me a rash because I’m out in the sun too much. And I don’t like the medication where I have to pee constantly but I would rather pee constantly then have these swollen feet all the time.