WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Allie hope your dental visit goes okay. Try to relax, and do a mind exercise like designing a beach resort in your head. One that takes dogs!

I did my yoga for sensitive knees. There was a lot about activating certain muscles and relaxing others. I don't have the hang of it yet.

I'm not thrilled with the stevia stuff I bought. There's a bitter aftertaste and not that much sweetness. Oh well.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Tracy should be home in 15 min or so.. Miles I think will be cutting a tooth or 2 quick.very cranky and has slept most of the morning...
    Will let Tracy know.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Worked, bowling this afternoon and then ceramics tonight

Sue WA - fingers crossed for you all

Washed the blanket we had on our bed. *I want to fold it up and put it away for the summer. Vince wants to put it back on the bed. Who knows what’ll happen? It’ll probably go back on the bed since something like that isn’t worth arguing over

kylia – so glad to see you again

We have the standard cable, but not Netflix or any of that type of channel. I, too, barely have time to watch the shows that I’ve DVR’d

Allie – good thoughts being sent to you for your dentist appt

Annie DE – I don’t care for stevia, either, for the same reasons as you. To me, it’s a bit on the bitter side.

Michele NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,781 Member
    Kylia--Glad to see you post, been thinking of you. I have also started the "Done" list and it helps to know that I am getting somethings done. Very pretty DGD and her dress. Yes, they grow up so fast.

Allie--Wishing you Good Luck at the dentist.

Well my meeting yesterday was postphoned. Didn't tell several of us until we were there. To say I was upset is putting it lightly. The one this morning with the new CEO of our division was interesting I guess. Makes me wonder about someone who does not look you in the eye, but all around the room. Time will tell and he doesn't effect my job for the most part.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Well, our date evening was a wash out. Windy, grey, spits if rain, so we decided not to go out to the music. Of course, 15 mins after the event started, the sun came out! Oh well. It would have been breezy on the front. ;) We enjoyed staying at home with falafel, hummus, pitta and salad.

Our Zoom with my girlfriends didn't come off for technical reasons, so we switched to WhatsApp video. Worked fine. P has been exposed to covid and her absent husband has prostate cancer. He will probably be coming home to live. G fell over and bruised her knee. B was gallivanting somewhere and could not attend. Nice to see the remaining two.

I sent the first chapter (the intro) of WHERE AM I? to my friend L. Of course, she is a huge fan, but it was nice to hear her ecstatic response. :p
    KJ , thanks for the likes on Instagram. <3 It all helps with the algorithms.
    I'm very nervous about this new book, but I'm ploughing on.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited May 2022
    Heather ... the Wisteria are beautiful!

Kylia ... I'm glad to see you posting again too. Perfectionism is a thief intent on stealing our joy. Edited: Your granddaughter looks lovely!

Belinda ... Welcome!

Beth near Buffalo

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Welcome Sue and Belinda!

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO, dogs to powerline
    Bonus: casserole-a-thon, 3 sets PT
    Just one thing: back to bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 141.6, H20x5, active 5:51 !
    Meaningful May
    11: Look around for things that bring you a sense of awe and wonder. The kindness of some people.

Julie VERY well begun!
    Heather so hard to deal with stubbornly healthcare-resistant husbands. Hope he found some stretches that help rather than irritate the underlying condition.
    Kylia wow, that stunner didn’t fall far from her grandma’s tree…
    Lisa thanks for the “Bosal Polytherm Heat-Reflective Fleece” sounds like exactly what I wanted!
    Oh Allie, wishing you the very best of luck at the “house of pain.”
    Annie I’m with you on the Stevia. Never have found a fake sugar whose taste I could tolerate. Doesn’t mean I do with out, even though I should.
    Rita you are right, honestly logging IS step #1. Hope the MD visit goes well for you both.
    Belinda in VA welcome! Sorry didn’t mean to press you for too many private details, posting last name on internet can be scary.
    Tina thanks for the quad lifts. PT had me do the sitting straight ones today. 25-30 reps? WOW!
    Welcome @supersueg2003 Sue from Missouri!

Just poppin’ in with yesterday’s accountability.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather - When we take our car for service it is 25+ miles to get there. I sometimes have to wait quite a while for the work to be done. The service needed this time is likely to take a day or two.

The challenge is getting there and back. They may have a loaner car. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good way to get the car when it is done.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Got on the road at 3:30am, now driving through Oregon. 32 more miles to go til we get to the hotel for the night in Eugene
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Hello again!

The other thing that is just so incredibly annoying about my husband is that he's lost eight pounds in the last two weeks, just by switching to light beer with fewer calories. Makes me want to cry to the heavens, "It's not fair!" But then again, what is? :D

I'm coming on the thread so late because I didn't get to bed until midnight. Dinner got stuck, but I didn't know until three hours later when I took my first night-time medication with water. Three hours, a cup of tea and innumerable trips to the bathroom later, the blockage was finally resolved. I haven't had an issue with food getting stuck in more than a year! Still not sure why this one did.

Not-That-Quick Bio:
    For those who don't know, I had gastric bypass 17 years ago.

When food gets stuck it means that either a) I wasn't paying attention and didn't chew well enough, or b) I didn't get up and move around to make things keep moving, or c) some other thing, such as soft bread, which seems to stick to each other and form a blockage. Pasta often sticks, too, and I have no idea why.

I weighed 303 pounds when I had the surgery, dropped down to 137, and looked and felt like a completely different person. Left my husband in Illinois and headed for my sister's in West Texas. Within less than a week, I had a job and met Corey on my first day. Married him a year later. After I married him 13 years ago, I got happy and started adding weight back on--and I got up as high as 219. This morning I'm at 172, which makes me happy - I'm shooting to get down to 155, but I've got time, I hope.

The last few years have been pretty rough, but I finally got a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis in November. After a couple tries at other medications, the gastroenterologist finally prescribed Humira, just started a month ago. A lot of the more recent weight loss has been because of the colitis, before it came under control. Love the loss, but don't like the reason. The Humira is definitely helping.

Typed more than I meant to! Hope your Wednesdays are or were wonderful!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lee has also lost some weight and I think we changed toothpaste.... Men are quite annoying!
    Eek, glad you got unstuck. Once when I made what I thought was the best salad ever, I had the worst blockage ever! I think I lamaze' breathed and everything! Just fyi mixing edamani, artichoke hearts, pasta salad, a can of diced chicken, plus broccoli slaw is way too much protein! (for me).
    I'm glad you found Corey.💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Allie hope your dental visit goes okay. Try to relax, and do a mind exercise like designing a beach resort in your head. One that takes dogs!

I did my yoga for sensitive knees. There was a lot about activating certain muscles and relaxing others. I don't have the hang of it yet.

I'm not thrilled with the stevia stuff I bought. There's a bitter aftertaste and not that much sweetness. Oh well.

Annie in Delaware

I use Truvia and its half sweetener/half sugar. Its a nice mixture.
    Rebecca