Less Alcohol ~ MAY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    @MissMay with all your talent, you could be the next new hat designer and start a trend :). I dug the flip flops on the hat.

@lmlmrn: sending good luck your way.....!

@dawnbgethealthy I am having second thoughts about running a race now b/c it means I really can't hike the day before or the day after. Then on race day my husband will be mad as hell having to wait for me in a crowded place. The event was moved to later in the day to space people out, no headphones allowed and carrying BEAR SPRAY is highly recommended. This is not sounding good. I need my tunes. Plus I think I'd rather hike and eat :)

No drinks here since Sunday and I am craving a Singapore Sling drink right now and I haven't had one since I was a kid. My electrolytes must be off. OK, better get myself outside now for a hill walk before work......

Focused on AF next 24 hours........
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn.

I hit 19AF days for April.
    Sticking with my goal of 16-20 AF days per month for May
    Diary style.

Saturday May 07 - AF - Rainy and cool, but walked over to the Farmer's Market, Children's Festival, and thrift store. No trails which is my norm for Saturdays because the rain got heavier. Working late on Sunday night. I know that I will want a cocktail or a brandy when I get home from that, but we'll see. Last weigh in for the 100 days forum that I am on Monday, so I will use that as motivation to not have drinks.
    Sunday May 08 - 2 drinks. I had one day off and am into a 6 day work week at the restaurant. I worked hours later than I was scheduled to do so got home very late. I didn't even try not to have a couple of drinks.
    Monday May 09 - AF. No particular plans for drinks this week yet.

Rolling total: 6AF out of 9 days.
  • thehealthyadventurer
    thehealthyadventurer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    10th - AF ☺️

WK 1 (1-7 MAY) - 3 AF/4 A (8 drinks)
    WK 2 so far - 2 AF/1A (4 drinks)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    1st week of May - 3AF and 4A
    This week 3AF so far

👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    10th - AF ☺️

WK 2 so far - 2 AF/1A (4 drinks)

👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    11th - AF ☺️

WK 2 so far - 3 AF/1A (4 drinks)

Tonight was the first night I've been AF when I have wanted a glass of wine. I had a pretty average day (lack of motivation made me feel lazy which put me in a bit of a slump) and would've really enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner, but I pushed that thought aside and grabbed one of my tasty Kombucha's from the fridge. Feeling pretty proud of myself, it is a small step but I'm happy with it.

👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Saturday May 07 - AF - Rainy and cool, but walked over to the Farmer's Market, Children's Festival, and thrift store. No trails which is my norm for Saturdays because the rain got heavier. Working late on Sunday night. I know that I will want a cocktail or a brandy when I get home from that, but we'll see. Last weigh in for the 100 days forum that I am on Monday, so I will use that as motivation to not have drinks.
    Sunday May 08 - 2 drinks. I had one day off and am into a 6 day work week at the restaurant. I worked hours later than I was scheduled to do so got home very late. I didn't even try not to have a couple of drinks.

Rolling total: 6AF out of 9 days.

👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Good day to everyone......
    Miracle I am AF still. Thank you all for the encouraging words.....I swear this drama keeps following me.
    So I just called that Home store and canx my order for someone to measure. Next I got some leads on other directions to get the cabinets made and installed.

So moving on.

Did I tell you we found 3 Morel mushrooms in our yard??? I am not a mushroom fan, but I know these are very expensive to buy. So I picked all three. I made a cream based sauce last night with one (OMG) and dehydrated the other two for use later. I have always avoided mushrooms, not for the flavor but because of texture. What a difference with a type! I want more.

So today I am going to ........hehe no clue.

@globalhiker I am sure you made a good choice to back out of the race???? if you haven't yet.
    @dawnbgethealthy Love those pictures. I did not think it was a real place at first until the pic with a person in it.

👍👍
  • MissMay
    Options
    @MissMay with all your talent, you could be the next new hat designer and start a trend :). I dug the flip flops on the hat.

@lmlmrn: sending good luck your way.....!

@dawnbgethealthy I am having second thoughts about running a race now b/c it means I really can't hike the day before or the day after. Then on race day my husband will be mad as hell having to wait for me in a crowded place. The event was moved to later in the day to space people out, no headphones allowed and carrying BEAR SPRAY is highly recommended. This is not sounding good. I need my tunes. Plus I think I'd rather hike and eat :)

No drinks here since Sunday and I am craving a Singapore Sling drink right now and I haven't had one since I was a kid. My electrolytes must be off. OK, better get myself outside now for a hill walk before work......

Focused on AF next 24 hours........

👍👍
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn.

Diary style.

Tuesday May 10 - AF - Quite a long day, after the restaurant I went and did a big reset for Foster Grant and got home quite late. I really felt like a couple of drinks, but did the 6 minute thing (only once) and that worked. Feeling leaner because of it.

Rolling total: 7AF out of 10 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I hope your hands/fingers are feeling a bit better! Get out your heated mitts and put them on! You got me hooked on those.

So now that I have a plan in place for the remodel I can only hope it goes relatively smooth. I will know more after Saturday.
    I have been working on that 'diamond painting' and making progress, as well as making some progress on my first attempt at a portrait of my baby grand daughter. I must say she still does not look like a baby in the picture LOL.
    AF tonight, on Monday DH offered me one of my favorite beers, declined. Tuesday, slightly tempted but it went away in the form of after dinner snacks..that was not helpful. Tonight on the fence, not wanting alcohol but something, just can't put my finger on it.

@joallana I was super surprised at the mushrooms! One mushroom made the best sauce I have ever eaten, DH even said he never had anything that tasted like that. Of course we could never afford to buy one of them LOL. So now I want to go hiking to look for some in our area. If my yard out of the blue got a few there has to be more around. Maybe I will go look this weekend.
  • globalhiker
    Options
    @lorib642 I seem to feel like I want to drink and relax most of the time!

Dehydration does that to me and so does hunger and hormones just being off. When I feel like this I go and have a hot chocolate that isn't fake (I like Private Selection brand). Or I squeeze lime into water and drink that. I bought some good cherry Fage yogurts to have on hand when I want something sweet and dairy seems to make me chill out.

My planned drink for today is Ginger Tea. Never had it.

@MissMay I hope your hand gets better. Hope it goes away with anti-inflammatories, maybe arnica gel or cold packs.
  • globalhiker
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy would you recommend the 100 days of weighing in group? Did it help somewhat with sticking to AF days? Seems to me it would help keep one's awareness to really manage consumption (food and drink both).
    Your pictures are magical and glad to hear there's been rain and snow (fewer fires hopefully).