WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    qkt40ypndyl8.jpeg

Oh man it is hot here. We are having record breaking temps. My pool is never really warm enough to get in until about the first week of June but it is a warm enough now. I can’t get in because I am still in the process of balancing the water but I would if I could!

I decided to make my upper deck into a “secret garden” this year so I have been adding potted flowers, tomatoes and peppers. It is coming along but now I need a fan. I had one but my husband put it on the lower patio. I am loving how it looks out there. Right now it is the perfect place for my morning coffee.

I also have my vegetable garden down below on the ground. Not much to see yet as the plants are all quite small still. I am look forward to some fresh veggies. I don’t think my berry bushes will produce this year be it is the first year for them but I can be hopeful.

Sue from Missouri

deck looks wonderful.
    Got part of my garden put in with the rest going in tomorrow hopefully. Son is supposed to help work one of the raised beds(for some reason, the dirt is really hard in that one, the one next to it is super soft, easy to plant)
    My raspberries are taking over again- found one in the back yard that is just about ripe-ones in the front yard are bearing fruit but still little and green. My thornless blackberries are covered in fruit and just starting to turn red- will be a while before they are ready. They are very special, not only because they are thornless but because my dad started them for me. Dad passed away last year.
    He was from Downey, Missouri.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I don't think I've been bored since I learned to read

This too!

In all honesty, I haven’t been bored since I retired. I detested some of the long-winded meetings.

I have so many things I like doing. And I really enjoy just doing nothing physical at all, which gives me lots of time to think.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    very short version of the drama this past weekend.
    If I knew how to put it in a spoiler I would- SORRY

Dh called me while I was helping at the food bank/food program- crying like crazy- he had killed Minnie(the feral cat that showed up a month ago) the garage door came down on her. He didn't know she was there. Tried to console as much as I could over the phone- nothing worked. Hurt that he had this much emotion for a feral cat and couldn't even show 1/10th of that when my dad died. Barely a oh, sorry.
    Had issues with mom' new room mate- most of the time ignoring me but if I did say something she would actually put her hand up in my face, say she knew what she was talking about and I couldn't change her mind(she was totally wrong with her thinking ), offering food to my nephews and not even saying they were ready to eat- leaving basically nothing for me after the boys had had seconds then I realized they were in the kitchen eating.
    Sunday- first drama- mom "forgetting" that she told me I could have my grandmother's writing desk- I came back from running an errand for mom and see the desk in my nephews truck. He knew it was supposed to be mine- he tried taking it the last time he was there, took the dresser and wanted the desk too.. Mom took the boys side, saying it was going to my niece(she got the dresser too).

Second drama- my sister came out and immediately got into it with the room mate. Neither back down(room mate was wrong on this one)so grabbed my sister and we walked the property for an hour.

third drama- dh calls- the cats got out of the catio because the side door was open. Blamed son who fed them- lots of angry words- ended up telling me to just leave him alone and he hung up on me.
    Came home Monday morning- still not talking to me, pissed at son. Still blaming him.

When he calmed down I tried to talk to him about the weekend- his only comment was
    Told you so!
    NOT what I needed to hear.

Felt totally invisible all weekend.

Mom and dad's place used to be my sanctuary when I really needed to get away from here, and there are times I REALLY needed to get away. I don't have that now that the room mate is there. She is taking over the place and mom doesn't see it or says she won't let it happen. My younger sister said the same thing- that isn't home. Others are more of a priority.

They actually planned on burying my dad's ashes without my sister or I even there- only reason it didn't happen was the guys ran out of time before heading back to Colorado. It was more important that my nephews be there than my sister and I.

Well, said it was the short version, which it is actually shorter than the full version. Like I said, just so much drama

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Awe Debbie, I am so sorry for all the family drama, and the heartache you're feeling about it all.
    In 1999 my mom passed and the deal was my step father could live at the house for a year, then it was to be sold and the money divided between him and my three sisters. I was living in CA at the time and I went up about 3 different times (with 3 sons in tow) to "go thru moms stuff" with everyone. But none of the times was anyone "ready" to do that. The last time, my husband even drove up with our van and all I had was a shoebox of jewelry and nicknacks. Then one day out of the blue one of my sisters called saying the house had sold and what did I want. So over the phone I had to mentally go thru, trying to think of anything. While my sisters got "room fulls" of furniture, I got a rocking chair, and some glassware. I now can fit everything of my moms in a pizza box and that suits me just fine. You can either participate in the drama or for sanity sake you can distance yourself from the toxicity of it all. You do what you feel comfortable in doing, and not base it on whatever anyone else is doing. Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thank you!!!

I knew it was going to be different now that the room mate was there but didn't expect all the drama.
    Yes, the writing desk is just a thing. It is my fault, I should have taken it sooner. I just didn't think it was an issue. She has the garage and four out buildings it could have been moved to if it really was in her way. It is just something that was small but I remember it always being in my grandmothers house. Mom brushed it off saying she forgot and that she is sure that my nephew forgot too.
    I do have a couple sets of china that were grandma's and some old jewelry.
    Just too much drama with no break all weekend and continued on Monday-
    Drained mentally and physically- could barely even get through zumba Monday and Wed. Need to get passed it.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Athena has been a charmer from her first breath, thank you so much for sharing her pics! Levi shot his mama right in the eyeball with a nerf gun yesterday, she ended up at the optometrist to make sure he hadn't scratched anything, but it ended up she just had a bruised eye, no major damage. His big brother has gotten a big lecture about letting his little brother touch his toys... Levi's eight months younger than Athena is, and is a one-boy riot. The phrase "terrible twos" was made for that boy.

Sue in MO - Absolutely lovely deck!

Debbie - That's a passel of toxic people, it sounds like. Glad your sister is supporting you, and glad your ex-husband is in your life. Everyone needs someone to talk to that truly cares for them. Families are so strange... there are still bad feelings about my mother's things and who got what, and she's been gone for 23 years now!

Corey's home, I need to go play sous chef. Breakfast for dinner, one of my favorites!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked, took Jerry home, then tried to go to the gym after the soup kitchen. See, she has these yoga and pilates classes in the aerobics room but they are listed on the yoga schedule. So went to the Salvation Army then Sam’s. BK asked me to pick up some saran wrap and bring it tomorrow. We were going to go see a friend of ours but in the meantime Vince went to the MD about a bug bite that’s swollen. The MD prescribed an antibiotic. One of the possible side effects is diarrhea and guess what Vince has?

Carol – when I worked at Food Lion, that was within walking distance of my house. BK is about 6 miles, which really isn’t that far. I wouldn’t want to walk it, tho. Congrats on the hearing aids

Rita – Have a lovely visit!

Beth – so sorry about your nephew

Vicki – have a great time at the race. I’ll be thinking of you while we’re watching it

Sue MO – your deck looks lovely!!!

About that blanket that I want off the bed and Vince wants on it. Well, he has it on it, but last night I took it off my side of the bed and just left it for him. He used it (I think). I guess we shall see what happens

Debbie – I’m so sad for you that it didn’t matter if you and your sister were at the burial. My husband has a fit, too, if the internet is down. If it’s down, he keeps a spreadsheet of all the speeds. At one point it was out so much that he finally complained to the FCC. Because he had all the documentation, they had the local Charter representative call us. He even called on a Sunday to ask if we were satisfied!

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    DebbieHUGS! Just HUGS! I have been reading your posts and just want to HUG you!
    TVs....My DH also turns the TV on At wake up and falls asleep with it on. We have you "beat" on TVs though. Three bedrooms, one game room, living room, kitchen, and man cave! I am trying to cut the Direct TV cord, but with DH being legally blind, it is a really big step as he knows the Direct TV channels.

Machka Like a couple of others, I am rarely bored per se, more just worn out. I usually have either a book to read or a game to play. I don't like meetings though. Have to pay attention and I just don't sit still for long well. I preferred my training classes when they were zoom and I could participate from home.

Sue in MO Deck looks lovely!

Crazy busy day at work. Otherwise okay. Saw DGD to say happy birthday. She is excited for the Senior parade tomorrow in Papaw's GT 500.

Love you all!
    Kylia sleepy in OH
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I don't think I've been bored since I learned to read

Very true!

These days I look forward to weekends when I make a little time to read for my own information/enjoyment.

dp4obvwkdrrc.png

For me, it's one particular cat. For others it will be different pets. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Options
    qkt40ypndyl8.jpeg

Oh man it is hot here. We are having record breaking temps. My pool is never really warm enough to get in until about the first week of June but it is a warm enough now. I can’t get in because I am still in the process of balancing the water but I would if I could!

I decided to make my upper deck into a “secret garden” this year so I have been adding potted flowers, tomatoes and peppers. It is coming along but now I need a fan. I had one but my husband put it on the lower patio. I am loving how it looks out there. Right now it is the perfect place for my morning coffee.

I also have my vegetable garden down below on the ground. Not much to see yet as the plants are all quite small still. I am look forward to some fresh veggies. I don’t think my berry bushes will produce this year be it is the first year for them but I can be hopeful.

Sue from Missouri

Gorgeous deck!
  • Machka9
    Options
    I looked up the definition of the word "bored".

Cambridge: feeling unhappy because something is not interesting or because you have nothing to do:
    It was a cold, wet day and the children were bored.
    He was getting bored with/of doing the same thing every day.

Collins: If you are bored, you feel tired and impatient because you have lost interest in something or because you have nothing to do.

Lexico: Feeling weary and impatient because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one's current activity.

So I think a person can "do nothing" or "be lazy" and not be bored. :)

M in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    gajcp4vvb12y.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi. Sorry I posted something that maybe doesn't belong here but I can't delete it. I'll take the opportunity to say hello!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I've not caught up with you all yet - on P28 but now have to get moving, think I'll cut the grass before it rains.

Went for coffee with a couple of friends yesterday, had a slice of salted caramel cheesecake which sent me way over my calories, but I enjoyed every mouthful of it >:) I'll cut down on snacks today (maybe).

Mum had another fall on Wednesday, luckily my son and daughter were both at home to help pick her up. I've contacted her GP and she has been referred to the orthopedic team and will be assessed in a few weeks to see if they can fit her with some sort of knee brace or support. I've tried to buy one online, but her knees are too chunky for even the extra large ones. I (jokingly) said she was going on a diet after her fall - I'm worried that one of these days she is going to hurt herself and break a hip or something.

Well I must get on, in case I don't make it back later, I hope you all have a good weekend.

Sending love <3
    Viv UK
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️