WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    edited May 2022
    Summer is coming, along with ice cream cravings! What is your favorite ice cream substitute?

I was reading reviews for So Delicious non-dairy light ice cream at 300 calories a pint. Gotta try that! My usual is Ben & Jerry's non-dairy Cherry Garcia at 320 calories a 2/3 cup serving. Excellent taste but not a weight loss staple.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,429 Member
    Hugs to all that wish one!
    Today is soup with some homemade bisquick dumplings and wild rice with chicken in it. I can't wait!
    The hardest thing is being patient as the dumplings cook! 10 minutes with the lid off, and 10 minutes with the lid on.👍
    Today is washing bedding day! I might even turn the vacuum on.
    Yesterday I watched "Life Is Beautiful" an Italian film that is sweet, funny, extremely sad, and tragic.
    Shed tears!
    Today is a mindless film called "The Lost City" with Sandra Bullock, and that cute guy from Magic Mike.... Pecs dude.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Ice Cream — We like Tillamook Frozen Custard. It is available in pints at our local Safeway Store, and we both love it. My favorite is raspberry custard. Tillamook also makes and sells regular ice cream in many flavors.

😊

I had a delightful phone call from a treasured friend, from Junior High to this very day. It was wonderful to hear from her.

❤️ ⭐️ ❤️ ⭐️ ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,350 Member
    Favorite ice cream substitute:
    xuchimkvnhm8.png
    In the ice cream section of the freezer at Walmart.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited May 2022
    Summer is coming, along with ice cream cravings! What is your favorite ice cream substitute?

I was reading reviews for So Delicious non-dairy light ice cream at 300 calories a pint. Gotta try that! My usual is Ben & Jerry's non-dairy Cherry Garcia at 320 calories a 2/3 cup serving. Excellent taste but not a weight loss staple.

Annie in Delaware

the thing that crushes ice cream craving almost every single time is simple for me- I am allergic to the cold- IF I eat ice cream, I have to have a cup of hot tea with it. If I don't- instant, extreme pain in my chest, wheezing/coughing, etc. I plan on checking with my doctor. Have put up with it too long-figured it was just something annoying, not serious so ignored it but careful not to eat anything cool or cold, including yogurt or iced tea.

Katla- I haven't found anything from Tillamook that isn't amazing. We always make sure we stop in at the factory when we are there. We can find a lot of their products at the Grocery Outlets here.
    By accident, we found the Tillamook jerky right next door(we missed the driveway and found it)- now that is just as important as the cheese/ice cream
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 54min 37sec, 46elev, 3.09ap, 115ahr, 136mhr, 6.01mi= 540c
    Strava app = 685c
    Walk to salon n back- 13.13min, 106ahr, .59mi= 67c
    Strava app = 68c

Total cal 607
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,100 Member
    edited May 2022
    I never substitute anything for what I love to eat. I just make sure that I log it. Sometimes I end up calorie cycling for the week when I have too many treats! My favorite ice cream is bear Creek caramel 😋

<3 Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Relaxing for a bit before afternoon chores. DD and I worked hard this morning hauling branches and blackberry vines to the burn pile. Then we took out part of one fence to move it to where we can use the dog run again. We lost one side of the run when they moved out the old mobile home. Thank goodness for handipanels from TSC.

Wecome to those who are new.

Machka - I liked your meme and agree. I feel much more peaceful and freer since I blocked my BIL and DS phones. He kept sending me bullying texts about my mother's estate on my sister's phone apparently believing I would think it was her but the whole family knows she won't text so pretty obvious who it was.

Betsy - Safe travels and have a wonderful summer.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Accountability:
    5/13: Chose well: Joe x2, readings, BP, PT x 1
    Bonus: Crissey Field w/Joe and the dogs, chiro, lunch with C & T.
    Workin’ on it: 141.5, H20x6 , active 2:23

Meaningful May
    14: Get outside and notice the beauty in windy, rainy nature ;)
    Friday was most overindulgent CI in a long while. Of course, needle on scale inched down this morning. It will bloompf up again soon as I have a restrained day. :P

Oh Debbie, how hurt you must be. Your DH, your nephews, the roommate but most of all your mom. Being invisible to the people you live with and care for is draining, exhausting, dispiriting. Praying you can find some other sort of sanctuary, we all need it.
    Rebecca “Concentrate of things I can have an effect over, and let the other things go.” Wise words but not always easy to do. ((hugs))

Whoops that ol’ timer just went off again, time to get the dogs outside.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Whidislander
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Ice Cream — We like Tillamook Frozen Custard. It is available in pints at our local Safeway Store, and we both love it. My favorite is raspberry custard. Tillamook also makes and sells regular ice cream in many flavors.

😊

I had a delightful phone call from a treasured friend, from Junior High to this very day. It was wonderful to hear from her.

❤️ ⭐️ ❤️ ⭐️ ❤️

I love Tillamook ice cream too! Also am a fan of their thick farm style cut cheddar cheese, and their yogurt. I normally buy vanilla Greek farm style (its not non fat but I have learned the full fat tastes better).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Lisa, your home is amazing!! Looks wonderful! Good job Corey and you!👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,318 Member
    edited May 2022
    Here I am with my brother at his 70th.
    yoejc32sv9yu.jpg

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather, sounds like you and John both had a wonderful day!

I think your younger son very closely resembles your brother, by the way. Very same smile and eyes! It happens that way in my family too - my sister's son looks more like my brother (his uncle) than he does his parents!

Lanette B)
    Sunny and warm (72) SW WA State where chilly rain was predicted this afternoon. :D
  • auntiebk
    Welcome @atoina, didn’t see any inappropriate posts… ;)
    Viv ((hugs)) Mom falls are scary!
    Welcome @wahmx3 Shelley in PEI. Lots of motivation, wisdom and compassion on this thread, then there’s always pip’s boot :laugh:
    Allie have you tried “agricultural” vinegar on the weeds?
    Barbie “…simultaneously loving while distancing myself from his drama” Quite a balancing act!
    Rita the last two times I gave blood, my veins “rolled away” so far that by the time we were done, I was bruised from hither to yon. Gave it up.
    Michele wise way to handle Jerry.
    Annie: https://umpquadairy.com/our-products/frozen-yogurt/caramel-macadamia-crunch-frozen-yogurt/
    @teklawa1 Safe travels, Betsy! Keeping you and your sister in prayer.
    Mary what you said about not substituting for loved foods, but logging (and rigorous portion control). Good thing I love the caramel macadamia nut crunch lowfat frozen yogurt ;)
    Rebecca :love: your time-traveling chats with OS.
    Heather :love: you and your brother’s happy faces, and that Johnny had such a great day with his dd. Her post and their smiles said it all.

There, caught up here.

Lighter, lovelies!
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • auntiebk
    Beth, just heard about the shooting in Buffalo. Praying you and yours are safe.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    I did my dumbbells 40 reps Yay! I added some of the knee exercises mentioned. Thanks!

Annie in Delaware