WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Machka yes that numbness sounds weird. Hope the medical team gets to the cause of it.

I'm going to try a few minutes of heart-pumping cardio today. I keep looking for a beginner video that doesn't move around too much because I don't have room.

My dumbbell routine gets me breathing a little louder. But I could ramp it up once in awhile just to build some aerobic capacity. Probably fast marching in place with big arm swings.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,639 Member
    Morning ladies
    Well i went to bed fairly early... and woke up and went back to sleep..
    Slept pretty well but had very weird dreams but cant remember what they were about..
    Swelling slowly going down but sore to the touch..so cant do a ton with my left hand..
    Im going to wait until tomorrow to grocery shop.. will work on a list today and try and clean out the fridge.
    Lisa- the house looks great..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,307 Member
    Well, caught up for the minute! Very busy week.

Karen in VA-just joined Alzheimer trial. Interesting.

Annie-hope instructor stays negative.

Heather-dress looks very comfortable and not too dressy (think you could dress it up or down depending upon event). I like getting things I can use in a variety of situations. Very nice picture of you with your brother

Rita-great news your brother is coming to visit. We do go too long without seeing people.

Tracey-I would guess the Amazon delivery was a mixed up address and a mother somewhere did not get her gift.

Debbie-so sorry to hear latest family issues. No words.

Lisa-Outshine is always in my freezer. You have made nice improvements to property.

Machka-really sounds like pinched nerve. When I had cervical herniated discs-my legs hurt along with my arm.

Kylia-good to see you posting again. Went to Town and Country shopping center last weekend and thought of you. (went to Trader Joes and Roderers).

Friday at work I got extremely ticked off with an individual making some statements that weren't true and wanted us to do some things we shouldn't. Was ready to walk out right then. Got calmed down (person is leaving soon and we straightened them out). Given my lack of patience, probably good I have retirement in sight! People just need to stay in their own lane and know the rules before making some statements.

Had some more tests for UTI issues. Urine flow is interesting test-that's all I'll say. One more scan and meet with doctor June 6 to go over results.

Trying to see if I can fit quick trip to Chandler in to check out prospective areas. Don't know if it will work or if need to come up with alternative dates with kids. Work crazy busy so August would be better for me-don't know about kids.

Going to head out for a walk before it heats up. Had some heavy storms last night.
  • defiant63
    defiant63 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2022
    Trying again. How do I bookmark this group so I can find it again?
    Karen in BC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,578 Member
    Karen in BC The little ribbon at the top right of page. Click on it and it turns blue, that means it is bookmarked.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,823 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday!
    It has been a busy couple of weeks. I have been reading your posts, but no time to comment. We are in the final month of planning for our historical event. So my brain has been preoccupied with the details of that. THEN, last weekend was my "date" to see Sting in concert, in Grand Rapids. It was a wonderful weekend! My older sister flew up from Florida and we spent the night at her best friend's condo (she also went to the concert with us) which is about three blocks from the venue. We were able to walk to a great little restaurant called Little Bird, then hopped around the corner to a little hole in the wall called The Sidebar for drinks, then on to the concert. So many old people! lol Good music, good food, good company. YOu can't beat that.
    Then back to the daily grind. Getting the house/yard ready for spring and summer. Temps have been in the 80s this past week! Too hot for this time of year in Michigan! Mowed the lawn and did just a bit of yardwork, at the end of each day; before collapsing into the air conditioning (yes, I turned it on). I need to get my backyard set up for summer and I also found out that I am going to be part of a gardening pilot program (between childcare and MSU agricultural department). I am waiting for them to deliver supplies and a list of what educational points that they want met with the kids. In the meantime, I am prepping a couple of areas for a raised bed and some container gardening.
    Funny story re: my grandsons. Back in December, my daughter got a loft bed for Joaquin (age 5) it has a ladder and a slide to get out of bed. Miguel (age 2) was in a toddler bed at the foot of the loft bed; or rather he was supposed to be. He always ended up in the loft with Joaquin, which made DD nervous that one of them would end up pushing the other out (even though there is a guard rail). SO...yesterday, as per my suggestion, DD got a curtain/tent enclosure for under the loft, she set up a twin mattress under there, along with a sea motif pillows and blankets and hung some cute colored twinkle lights. A BIG hit with both boys! Now they both want to sleep under the loft! Even baby Javi was entranced by the lights! mcpbgi5sipbl.jpg
    0ifi1jonga4k.jpg

Betsy- Safe travels to Alaska! IF you can, and want to, please pop in once in a while during the summer to say hello! You will be missed and we will all look forward to hearing from you in September.
    Beth- Your drawings are lovely. Hope you are feeling well and getting around a bit better as spring and warmer weather arrive!
    Machka- I have had the random numbness from time to time and also the top of the foot pain (especially when I point my toes). I attributed the random numbness to my sciatic nerve and started doing some stretches and yoga moves. I don't have the random numbness anymore. The top of the foot pain I figure is extensor tendonitis. Mostly due to being on my feet for work and then not sitting/relaxing enough for it to recover. I do know if I can put my feet in cool water and move them around (or get in a pool) the pain goes away. Hope you can figure out the cause for your pains.
    Heather- I have to agree with Lisa, your younger son looks very much like your brother. Two good looking men. It looks like your DH had a nice time with his daughter.
    Lisa- You are working so hard on your house and yard! You need to make a before and after post of the whole place! I hear you on "getting dirty" while mowing. I have a push mower and I just make sure I mow on a day when I have to jump in the shower anyway. lol Glad to hear you are feeling better. I agree with everyone else; it sure is nice to see the "old Lisa" back in the saddle! It was hard to read about how difficult your health issues were becoming, and not be able to offer any help.
    Welcome new ladies! A special welcome to a fellow in home childcare provider! Welcome Shelley!

Well, I have a to do list to work on. How I LOVE to cross things off! I better get busy. Looks like rain today. Sending love and hugs to all who need/want them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited May 2022
    Thanks for the comments, y'all - there's quite a bit to do to get the surfaces in good shape, cleaned, and painted, but we've made a good start. House renovations are always harder, take longer and are more expensive than you estimate... But then again, we both love getting them done, and we love working together. He does tend to worrywart me, but gets over it pretty quickly. :smiley:

KJ - Thank you for caring - we must have been posting at the same time, caught your post on the refresh. You are an amazing resource for your daughter, and should write a book on childcare. I just noticed yesterday that you hadn't posted in a bit, was going to jog your elbow, as well as Margaret's. Glad to see you both.

Kylia - your granddaughter is lovely, so's the car, and love the humor in the signs!

Ginny - hope things are calmer at work now, and it's always a good idea to preview the southwest regions in the summer, when they're closest to blast furnace mode. Keeps you from having illusions about that heat. It's possible I am that not-so-rare Goldilocks princess, who can't stand being hot (More than six years in West Texas and four in Las Vegas), can't stand freezing (eight years in Montana), can't stand being cold and damp (six years in England all told and three years on the coast in Oregon), and moved to the River Valley of Arkansas, where neither the heat nor the cold are as brutal--note, there are tons of bugs and snakes galore, but that's the price we pay, I guess.

Heather - Looks like you had great fun, as did Johnny, apparently! Sorry the trip back was traumatic, and well done for your son for driving you. You and Johnny have bent over backward to help them out with the kids, and it's nice to see him helping you out.

Back to my doings, have to get the whites out on the line - thunderstorms by 6 p.m., so they need time to dry... Later y'all,

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,962 Member
    I did fifteen minutes of a Walk at Home Beginner 1 mile video. Yay! The good news is that I was never breathing hard. So I must have more than zero aerobic capacity. Yay! I could probably move my arms more or pick up weights. The other news is that my knee feels it a little bit. If I rest and my knee recovers, then it's a good level. If my knee gets worse, I will find something else. Always a journey!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yesterday we went to get my car from the diesel repair shop. The car is now as good as new and I am delighted to have it done. I feel free to go wherever I want to go. My car is a VW Touareg with a diesel engine and sunshade roof. Getting parts from Germany took a bit of time but are worth it to me.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Michele! Never thought of frozen applesauce, but the grands LOVE frozen grapes, so....... YUM!!! Gonna have to try that this summer.

Lisa, HOLY WOW! That's amazing.

Another gorgeous day in MN!!!

Carla out!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited May 2022
    Lisa ~ You and Cory have done a great job on renovating the house. I am sure it took a ton of work but will be worth it in the long run.

Kelly ~ Love the new bed set up for the boys. Your concert adventure sounds like great fun.

Kylia ~ What a wonderful photo of your beautiful granddaughter riding in that sporty auto!

Carol in GA
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Good morning new friends! I will eventually figure out and remember who you all are. I'm so thankful to have found this group again (think I joined it 3-4 years ago) but was never active in it. You are all so caring and just sharing about your daily lives makes this so supportive.

I'm ready to start a new chapter in my weight loss journey and move forward. Yesterday was an emotional day...was a rough week and things finally caught up....spent much of the morning in tears but the afternoon was much better.

Today, went to church as usual on Sunday. Actually logged most of my food for yesterday and started logging for today...so that's progress. Going to work on cleaning up the branches we cut off trees yesterday....great way to get some exercise in! Then will be spreading some lime and fertilizer on the lawn.

Have a great day and I'll check in later. The sun is shining a bit, better than the forecast of rain!
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today is a mindless film called "The Lost City" with Sandra Bullock, and that cute guy from Magic Mike.... Pecs dude.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't know much about Hollywood, but that hottie is Channing Tatum. 😋

Tina in CA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,286 Member
    Good morning ladies! <3

Sue in Missouri – what a nice deck! Let me know when the BBQ is and I’ll bring potato salad!

Terri – I keep forgetting to mention, I watched a detective series on Britbox recently called “Hope Street”. Set in Ireland not far from Belfast. I got a nice glimpse of your part of the country, and the plot and actors were good. It had a cliffhanger ending so I hope it renews for another season.

Betsy – I know you are well on your way to Alaska, but yes, please give us a shout if you are able and wish to!

Sue in WA – so glad you were able to cut blackberries and toss them to the goats. I sure miss our critters. If it wasn’t so much work, I’d pressure DH to fence off the back acre of our property and bring in some goats and/or sheep. I noticed there’s pretty good pasture growing back there – lotus, which is like alfalfa and makes great hay. The blackberries have taken off under the powerline. I was able to spray and cut them back a little last fall but we haven’t had 2 dry and non-windy good spray/cutting days in weeks it seems and when we do get them, I’m busy elsewhere on this place.

KJ – I want to climb right into that bunk with your grandbabies! No wonder they love it.

Annie – good job on your weight routine.

Machka – good luck with your numbness symptoms. Hope it’s just “one of those things” that resolves itself. Thanks for all of the great tips and motivational posters too.

Ginny – how many days until you retire? Not that you’re counting, lol. Sure is nice to know the end is in sight, isn’t it? Good luck with the UTI situation. I’m excited for you to start checking out Chandler. If we had kids in a warmer part of the country, I think it would be something we’d consider.

Barbie – Hiking that Appalachian Trail app sounds neat. Nice of Jake to offer to go with you so you could walk it in person – I agree with your choice of terrain – and bathroom facilities nearby! And, I can so appreciate your early morning shopping trips and keeping well away from viruses.

Re walking and Covid:
    I’m kind of miffed with my walking buddy who had covid, she said she was feeling a bit better and wanted to walk yesterday. We were well into it when she said she was still testing positive. I think the chances of catching anything from her were extremely remote – quite windy, slightly rainy, we were able to stay a good distance apart. But it would have been good to let me know ahead of time just out of courtesy. DH is a little concerned – I will stop walks with her until her household is definitely negative for his peace of mind. She’s been positive for 2 weeks now. :(

Heather – I think of you when I go on my “sunrise” walks along early in the morning. There’s no oceanfront, but plenty of birds and horses to say good morning to. It’s light enough at 5:15 I can get out and do some fast walks on neighborhood roads before there’s any traffic.

I’ve noticed something else – might be a coincidence, but the bottoms of my feet don’t hurt anymore. I can go barefoot in the house without feeling like I’m stepping on gravel. I’m wondering if my longer strides are stretching the muscles and ligaments in my feet? I know calf stretches are good for feet (I try to do them every day) so maybe a combo. Whatever the reason, I’m very grateful. Seems like my balance has improved too. :)

Lisa – some day, if you have time, I’d enjoy seeing all of the “before” and “after” photos of your place again. It was neat watching the wonderful transformation over the past few years. So neat that many of us got to “be with you” when you moved from Texas then Virginia then to Arkansas!

Carol – hope you are getting used to your hearing aids! Are they “over the ear” or do they set inside the ear?

Kim – glad you saw your doc. Vitamin D is so important, glad you were tested for it. I had to try several different blood pressure medications before I found one I got along with. It’s not a bad idea – do you have a home blood pressure cuff? I had “white coat” syndrome – always extremely high at the doc’s office but at home, normal. This past year my “at home” BP was up significantly, so figured it was time to get some help. Also, good you found stairs to walk where no one will be bothered.

So many more of you I want to comment on but running out of time, and you are probably exhausted from reading this epistle. :D

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,753 Member
    edited May 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    r7vdtrayq900.png

I'd be in Santa Teresa, California. :)

Machka in Oz

I would be in a Buddhist monastery in Korea.
    I am also reading the Bible on my phone, so that whole area. And my indulgence is a Stephen King audiobook book called The Outsider that takes place in Texas and Ohio.
    When I feel bored I go for a walk or read.

If I knew I was gonna die I would do like Kylie said travel cross country visiting friends and family!

Working in pay station again. It’s only 10 am and really hot already!

Logging consistently has shown me exactly where all my calories are coming from. Liquids DO count! More water for me, less hard seltzers!

RvRita in hot arid Roswell NM 🌵
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,436 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    edited May 2022
    Machka do you have any signs of diabetes?

Carla we made it back to Minnesota! Of course we got here on the two stormiest days. Wednesday night we were in Plymouth and tornado warnings went off and our hotel lost power until 4:45am! Then Thursday we were heading to Walker and went through the severe storm by St Cloud and got pelted with golf ball size hail! I almost wanted to turn around and go back to Arizona 😉

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota