WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min 41sec, 2.56ap, 48elev, 95ahr, 120mhr, 6.15mi= 620c
    Zwift home spin bike- Strava stats- 1hr 1min 38sec, 19.7amph, 167elev, 116aw, 19.7amph, 118ahr, 148mhr, 20.19mi= 362c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 1min 39sec, 170elev, 115aw, 48arpm, 20.2mi= 410c

Total cal 982
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    One thing I am really appreciating about COVID is that we can send people home from work if they're experiencing any illness ... even just slightly! We can also put our masks on and tell them to keep their distance as they are packing up to go.

There's no more soldiering on at work through illness ... and thus there is a lot less illness spreading through offices. :smile:

I've thought this is how it should be since I started working decades ago.

M in Oz

I agree. I hated it when people went to work coughing up lungs and sneezing, snotty tissues everywhere. The mister was sick every few months when he was in the office full time.

Tina in CA

One place I worked years ago, in the middle of a flu/cold outbreak, I put my "guest chair" in the middle of my cubicle opening and told people to set any work for me on the chair. If they needed to explain it they could do it from over there but they were not allowed in my cubicle! I think I even had a guest pen for them which I cleaned between uses.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Bless your heart, Pip, the emotional distress for those kind of accidents is more painful than the physical. Thinking about you and Kirby.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Pip
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    (((Pip))) — I am so sorry that you were hurt again. NOT your fault. I hope you will be able to heal enough to enjoy your trip a bit later on. I got the enhanced driver’s license at our local DMV and am happy about it. I hope they will do the same for you. It cost a bit more but worth it. My husband did not make the same choice and was amazed how easy for me to get through the airport security. DH took his passport and I went through the airport security faster with my enhanced driver’s license.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    edited May 2022
    Katla49 wrote: »

Tina in CA — I am an avid reader. The Outlander books are favorites. I have eleven of the books on my shelf. I liked the books better than the TV shows.

I refuse to watch the TV series until I’m done with the books. I don’t want the actors portraying the characters to mess with how I imagine them.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Oh, Pip. What a disappointment. I am so sorry. You need to eat, girl. I know you feel bad, but Kirby will recover.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    So sorry Pip! :heartbreak:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Pip - sending hugs
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Worked then picked up donations from the church for the soup kitchen. I was taking Jerry home and he helped me carry them to the car. Vince’s leg is still bothering him so he won’t be bowling but I will. Unfortunately, there are 4 on a team and so we get out of there late. Wait...I think two of our teammates are going to be out so hopefully we’ll have at least one person in blind Update: we were bowling a team that has two of the slowest bowlers...oh well. Went to WalMart afterwards since Vince needed milk

Bowling in a few

The president of Newcomers called Vince. Vince will help them out but first they need to talk to the present treasurer. He doesn’t want to be perceived as coming in and taking over. Now, he was treasurer when she was president so maybe because it’s Vince she’ll be more accepting. Anyway, he’s just going to wait for a call from the president before he does anything

Mary – I would do the DYI since you are under no pressure to get it done by a certain date. Plus, unlike Lisa, you don’t need it to live in.

Barbie – I hope all goes well for Jake

Overdue library fees: that’s why I really like reading ebooks. I don’t have to worry about returning the book. I can return it early or they return it when it’s due.

Tina – I used to really like going to the gym and being with other people. Ever since this pandemic, I don’t care to be in a class. I will go to the gym mainly to use the equipment (I just find that having an elliptical, treadmill, rowing machine, etc would take up too much room.).

Vicki – Denise says that PJ will love going to the pool at the hotel.

Pip – (((BIG HUG))) EAT!!!

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    (((Pip)))
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Aww Pip! … hugs