40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,020 Member
    Options
    Going from zero to 4 miles is a bit of a leap. Better to start short and work your way up. Short for one person may be a mile; another may be a quarter mile; another may be to the fridge and back.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Anyone have success when the diary predicts your weight in 5 weeks has it been correct for anyone?

Nope, never. Not when I weighed less and not now either.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well.

May is mobility month and I'm am sick of going to Kettlebell class and having to do Turkish get ups and pretzel twisting....lol. The owner knows how much I hate Turkish get ups and he told the class to lock the door today so I don't escape....lol

I guess I do not hate it that much since I pay my membership each month.

On a sad note my chiropractor is closing his office because the person he was subleasing the space from wasn't paying the rent. To see him on the brink of tears upset me. 😡 People can be so selfish and disgusting.

I found my next two PL meets. September and November. Strategic planning is underway.

Guess it's true that I love adventure and torture.

• 3furballs
    Options
    Well I'm trying to put together a realistic program for myself to move up my weights and help burn this fat. Getting better about the protein after working out and will try and scale back the weekend treats and light beers.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Nice work, caramel.

A good idea 3furballs.

This week I am coming up with a fat loss plan I can follow for three months.
  • gimmedisjunkmail
    gimmedisjunkmail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love that this thread is ten years old
    Are we now the 50+?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I sure am!
  • nossmf
    Options
    I don't turn 45 until Saturday, so don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    45 here and I consider myself a young 45 (last week a lady told me she couldn't believe how old I was because she thought I was, maybe, at oldest 32). How sweet, made me feel good... Anyway, my nineteen-year-old daughter called last week to tell me she's having a baby in January. I'm choking on the word "grandma." I'm too young to be one. Tell me it will be okay...
  • nossmf
    Options
    It won't be ok...it'll be awesome! (Assuming your daughter is mature enough to handle the situation, of course.) You're young enough so that when the grandkid(s) come to visit, you'll be able to actually play with them, walk with them, cook with them, not just sit on a chair and watch them.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Im 38, so Ill peek here. My goal is to beat my college year days. I was able to bench 225 (3x9) at 135 lb (5’4”) back then. Currently 124lbs and doing 170lb (3x8)
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    It won't be ok...it'll be awesome! (Assuming your daughter is mature enough to handle the situation, of course.) You're young enough so that when the grandkid(s) come to visit, you'll be able to actually play with them, walk with them, cook with them, not just sit on a chair and watch them.

Thank you for a much better perspective!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I love that this thread is ten years old
    Are we now the 50+?

Yes ma'am!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Turned 45 yesterday, spent an hour at the gym re-testing my strength maximums with the traditional powerlifting trio of bench, squat and deadlift. My test results were lower than 10 years ago, partly from being older, but part of that could be explained away from not having tested 1RM's in a few years, been lifting lighter but more reps, traditional bodybuilding style instead. Anyway, results were:

BW - 195
    Bench - 250
    Squat - 425
    Deadlift - 355

Total - 1,030

Looks like I get to keep my membership in the 1,000 pound club for another year! (I was pushing 1,200 a decade ago.)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    What protein powder is everyone using? Bonus if it's vegan and available in Canada! I love my Diesel vanilla, but I seem to be developing an issue with lactose. Anything remotely over a scoop in a day and I pay for it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I tried vega sport (avail in canada) to move away from whey protein. It is chalky, but I can deal with that. I got mocha flavour and it does taste like mocha.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Rather than protein powders, I prefer getting the pre-mixed Body Fortress protein shake. Yes, it's cheaper to go powder, but I have never had much luck in getting powders to properly mix.
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just turned 4......0....
  • z6jv4rrmdy
    z6jv4rrmdy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m 49 and 32 lbs down. I’m a mother to 10 children and have struggled for a long time after my one son passed away. It’s been almost 3 years now and finally I’m ready to lose the weight. So this first 32# has been difficult but I’m still going as I need to lose another 40.
    I’m looking to support other as well need support.
    My name is Rhonda