What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a way to adjust the MFP steps? I have the FREE MFP. My I Phone only seems to capture about 50% of my steps, which is what MFP records. I do keep my phone in my shorts pocket near my thigh or hip, depending if I have a back pocket or not.
    The steps will be for about 5 miles when my Elliptical has 10 miles registered. And when I calculate backwards, from miles to steps(my step is 26 inches), it confirms it that I have about 50% more steps actually done. I add the undocumented mileage on the My Health app on my phone to be correct but that doesn't go on the MFP. But it does update my Charity Miles from the Health App.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Back to boring :smile: : 45 min. elliptical; about 2.5 miles; about half of the time in HR Zone 3, with a small dip into Zone 4 at the end when I pushed the pace a bit.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    No running or cycling in the last twelve days. It was tough to miss the last two 60 mile bike rides with my friends, since the weather was great and the routes were fun. Watching my fitness slip and realize that I may have to withdraw from the race on July 9th, or perhaps change to a relay entrant as part of a team.

Chiropractor said hamstring pain is being caused by the same lower back issue that creeps up when my volume goes up and I'm not vigilant enough with prevention. Cure is rest and a renewed focus on the preventive routine (foam rolling, up dog style pushups, quad stretch, calf stretch, pigeon pose, yadda, yadda, yadda)

I did swim laps this morning while wearing Roka SIM shorts, which act like a pull buoy and help keep legs and hips elevated. That reduces lower back strain. Only went 1500 yds, but had no pain, so at least I can build some swim fitness.

I see the chiro twice this week as well as my message therapist. Will see how things look next weekend before making any changes to my race plan.

Sorry to hear that you're suffering. I got injured a while back and took up swimming because I needed to stay off my foot as much as I could and my fitness went right up and I lost an extra inch off my waist in a month.

Get well soon and enjoy you're swimming 🏊‍♂️
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I saw my physio this morning and he did his thing so I felt good going to train. It's a national holiday so I had to exercise at noon because that was the last class of the day. For once I took the warm up very seriously.
    We did 1000m row with a 5 minute time cap. I finished in 4:28, which is reasonable for someone who rows once every 2 months or so. It was also only 16 seconds faster than the 1000m ski I did last Monday at a moderate pace so I've got some work to do...
    After that we went straight into 3 sets of 10 pull ups (ring rows for me), 15 burpees over the bar (box push ups for me, physio's orders) and 20 front squats at max. 50/35kg. I did 25kg. It was all very reasonable.
    We finished off with a 5 min core amrap of 20 alternating v-ups and 20 russian twists.
    I feel pretty good about my pacing and I tried my best to take it easy so I'm happy.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Bodenista wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    No running or cycling in the last twelve days. It was tough to miss the last two 60 mile bike rides with my friends, since the weather was great and the routes were fun. Watching my fitness slip and realize that I may have to withdraw from the race on July 9th, or perhaps change to a relay entrant as part of a team.

Chiropractor said hamstring pain is being caused by the same lower back issue that creeps up when my volume goes up and I'm not vigilant enough with prevention. Cure is rest and a renewed focus on the preventive routine (foam rolling, up dog style pushups, quad stretch, calf stretch, pigeon pose, yadda, yadda, yadda)

I did swim laps this morning while wearing Roka SIM shorts, which act like a pull buoy and help keep legs and hips elevated. That reduces lower back strain. Only went 1500 yds, but had no pain, so at least I can build some swim fitness.

I see the chiro twice this week as well as my message therapist. Will see how things look next weekend before making any changes to my race plan.

Sorry to hear that you're suffering. I got injured a while back and took up swimming because I needed to stay off my foot as much as I could and my fitness went right up and I lost an extra inch off my waist in a month.

Get well soon and enjoy you're swimming 🏊‍♂️

@Bodensita -Thanks for the kind words. I'll get better, but the timing of this wasn't good. I agree, swimming is great as a recovery toll and fitness builder. I particularly enjoy open water swimming this time of year.

@drmwc - Great pictures as usual. Loved the gnomes.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Another neighborhood "hike" with the kid. About an hour; 3.7 miles, about 40 min. in Zone 2 or below, and about 20 min in Zone 3 and 4 (uphill parts and the part where the kid had to hurry back for the bathroom :D ).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Today was push day, so worked chest/shoulders/triceps.

Saturday was my birthday, celebrated turning 45 by proving to myself I was still strong, did that by testing my 1RM (one-rep-max, the most weight I can move a single time). Verdict is I've lost about 14% off my top-end strength from when I did the test 10 years ago, but I'm still a certified member of the 1,000 pound club (combined totals of bench press, squat plus deadlift).

Nice work! That's a LOT of iron to move!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I did 4.5 hours of kayaking yesterday. This was the third time in my life I’ve kayaked. Lazy River, with some rapids here and there. At the end my wrists hurt from paddling but I didn’t think it was much of a workout. I woke up this morning and my whole body was sore. I had to take ibuprofen but that didn’t help. So I decided to drink a bunch of water throughout the day and did 40 minutes of yoga. It felt good to stretch. I am in month two of my weight loss journey/changing my eating habits so I just started exercising again.
    What you all have listed here, I can only aspire to. You are all amazing!

@joans1976, you're trying new (or nearly new) things, and pushing yourself a bit: That's pretty darned amazing in itself. Nice work!
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A 65 minute walk in the glorious sunshine 🌞 at an average speed of 5.2kmph.

5 mins in fat burn.
    44 mins cardio.
    15 mins peak(going up the hills!).
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oly class today. We're at the start of a new program so it's pretty light. Today was a 12 min emom (every minute on the minute) of a high snatch pull and a power snatch. The first 4 min at 60%, the next 4 at 70% and the final 4 at 75%. It got me feeling like my 1RM might be outdated already as it all felt quite light. I'm no longer scared of snatching in the 30kgs.

Then we had 15 min to find a heavy double high hang squat clean. We rarely do cleans anymore and the only day I can make it to oly class is tuesday, which is snatch day. So I kinda forgot what my 1RM was and had it in my head that it was 60kg. No idea whose 1RM I memorised but it definitely wasn't mine. When I got a heavy double at 45kg, I was a little disappointed that it wasn't closer to the 60kg... until it hit me that my 1RM clean was only 47,5kg 😂 now this is an old number from february I think so it's unsurprising it's outdated but the look on my face when I realised I'd fooled myself into not being intimidated by high hang cleaning 45 kg must've been a sight.

Surprisingly, I don't feel tired. I usually do. I've been thinking about my exercise in terms of light/medium/high intensity and was worried I might be overdoing it but today made me realise I don't go hard every time and the programs we do have some built in slow down mechanisms. Thank you, smart coaches, for saving us from ourselves.