What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,837 Member
    Options

Walked my dog today.

I'm seeing lots of folks on MFP upset about the newsfeeds going away. Truth is, I've started using this particular thread as my newsfeed. Hope it goes on forever! You are all awesome.

Yeah, I'm not intending to diss people who feel otherwise when I say this, but I get more of the encouragement and camaraderie I personally need out of this thread, some of the food threads, and a few others than I've ever felt from my friend feed timeline. Clearly not a universal sentiment, though. 🤷
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Walked my dog today.
    You are all awesome.

Also--evening visit to the gym--36 minutes on the elliptical and a little work with the free weights and calisthenics.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Rowed the double this morning with our fellow rower who's going home to Istanbul on Monday :cry: . Perfect weather, thankfully.

After the row, our club was having a free "Taste of Rowing" event because it's National Learn to Row Day. We set up a couple of rowing machines, and our main coach first demoed then each of the attendees had a chance to try that and get corrections on the basic mechanics. Next, they got in the rowing barge (big, safe, rectangular craft with oars on each side). We put experienced people in port and starboard seats at the bow and stern, and all the new folks in between. The barge has a platform down the middle where the coach can walk and give corrections. They rowed for a while in that. Then we brought a couple of recreational singles to the dock to let them try some basic oar work and get the feel of a boat, while an instructor/member held onto the stern of the single so they didn't actually leave the dock. Everyone seemed to have fun.

I did miscellaneous things in support of the event, mostly walking/carrying kind of stuff, not very vigorous, but active for another 2.5 hours or so after my own AM row.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Knocked out a 30 minute treadmill walk this morning before spending the day helping my 20y daughter move into her rental place for the summer (and 2 upcoming school years). Lots of carrying, assembling, bending, twisting, lifting, standing, etc. Felt good after onky getting 3 k steps yesterday (850 miles worth of driving/riding in the car)
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Yesterday's "workout" was hard to track: helping set up a youth group car wash, helping hubs carrying multiple loads of stuff to the second story of an on-campus building where he's prepping for a summer academy, then swimming /treading water / jogging in the pool with hubs and son for about 45 min.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    Two days canoe camping with a loaded boat. First day was 24 miles and so many smiles. Day two was a leisurely twelve miles. So many bald eagles it was just sick.

vwezpec7ap36.jpg
    ftzbw34tezsg.jpg
    1qdoqn4qfuop.jpg
    p8byzbfaizlq.jpg
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s workout:

Took the majority of the extended/intentional family to the Mariners game.
    Spent most of the day riding in our van, or watching the action.
    So, exercise, such as it was, was walking around the stadium getting stuff.

I had a notion to turn on “indoor walk” on my Apple Watch when I saw how long the line was for picking up our special event souvenir jerseys.

Scene: Third level, T-Mobile Park, Seattle.
    I’m using my rollator. I step off the elevator and see the table where they’re handing out the colorful Mariners jersey, with a big rainbow number 24 on the back.
    And then I see the line…. Yowza.

I turned on “indoor walk” just to see how it would go.

Yep.

One hour and twenty four minutes…. to go barely over a tenth of a mile.
    I missed first pitch 🤣
    As it turned out, it was a lot more standing and walking than I am used to. I am so glad I thought to turn on that exercise tracking. I did not really have another opportunity to record an exercise the rest of the day.
    I didn’t record it, but I used much of the standing time to set the brakes on my rollator and do some stretching.
    Mostly because after a while my hip was aching, and I really needed to get the muscles there moving.
    zel6wsg39ktv.png

So very glad that my husband was safely with the rest of the family watching the game from our seats.
    Pro tip: an entire row (9 seats) of ADA seating makes for a great experience when your group includes an active preschooler attending their first game, as well as adults with ADHD, autism, and other neurospices.

There’s room to fidget and jump around, and when someone gets up to use the bathroom or grab a snack, it’s not an awkward shuffle of tripping over stranger’s legs and apologizing for the annoyance.

My personal favorite was the railing behind us, which kept strangers far enough away that no one accidentally bumped into me, or shouted in my ear during the multiple occasions when The Mariners scored, stole a base, etc.

10/10 awesome family outing!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 998 Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    I haven't logged in ages. I went scuba diving in Galapagos. It was marvellous.

We saw many scalloped hammerheads; a tiger shark; mola mola; turtles; sea lions; Galapagos sharks; silky sharks; mantas; sting rays; underwater iguanas; reef shark; dolphin; eagle rays and probably stuff I've forgotten.

The only unpleasant bit was being downgraded from business class to economy on the way home for a 14 hour flight. I haven't been paid any compensation yet. Don't fly with British Airways.

I decided to test the well known theory that the best way of recovering from jet lag is caving. I got home on Thursday. So after working on Friday, I drove to Wales and did some gentle caving on Saturday.

On Sunday, we strolled up a hill to the club dig, which hasn't had any work since lockdown. I may well become a digger soon.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Me emerging from a cave;
    0ci0a19p6kw1.jpg

A sting ray:
    clolofbm1om2.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    @drwmc . . . you have a vague but interesting resemblance to Spiderman in that "emerging from a cave" photo! It sounds like you've been having some good fun lately, as has @mtaratoot.

I'm envious of both. :)
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day but i'm doing a yoga class tonight.
  • bethannrice01
    bethannrice01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using the habit nest cards as it keeps things mixed up and I rotate body parts. This was today’s workout, following a 5 minute treadmill warm up and ending with some yoga. 2qbiidrons2z.jpeg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Rowed bow in the double this morning with one of my longest rowing buddies rowing stroke, which was fun. Usual distance/time, a bit under 7k and a bit under an hour. Gloriously flat water, a little warmer than my ideal, but I'll take it. ;)

Tonight, helped with our first learn-to-row class of the season, mostly walking, lifting, carrying, chatting kind of stuff. :)
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Me emerging from a cave;
    A sting ray:

Thanks for the sting ray pic! I was about to beg for some underwater photos. I love the ocean but only get to see it once every year or two. Touring the Galapagos sounds awesome; flying economy when you paid for more, not so much.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Yesterday’s workout:
    Took the majority of the extended/intentional family to the Mariners game.
    Spent most of the day riding in our van, or watching the action.
    So, exercise, such as it was, was walking around the stadium getting stuff.
    Pro tip: an entire row (9 seats) of ADA seating makes for a great experience when your group includes an active preschooler attending their first game, as well as adults with ADHD, autism, and other neurospices.
    10/10 awesome family outing!

It wasn't a pro baseball game, but my family also had a pretty great outing yesterday with a number of similarities to yours, @MargaretYakoda, including some--but not a lot--of walking. Yesterday hubs and I drove 2+ hours with our autistic son and our two daughters, plus their two friends, to an out-of-state water park. The skies threatened rain for several hours, but we managed to get in 3 and 1/2 hours of fun before it really rained in earnest. The best part: we got a rain check so we can return to the water park for free at another time.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Nothing big. I was helping at learn-to-row class tonight again, and rowed in the barge with the students for a couple of kilometers, carried some boats and oars, poled the barge to "park" it on the shoreline after class, and miscellaneous other small stuff, for a couple of hours.

This photo is not from tonight, but it's a view of the barge (taken last year) to give those unfamiliar with it an idea of what an odd watercraft this thing is. Tonight I was rowing, but in the photo I'm the one at the far end center in fluorescent green shirt. (I was rudder woman that night.)
    dyjc5qa3ofhl.jpg
    Yes, that is an elderly dog in a fuzzy blue bed in foreground. :D Passenger craft. ;)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Leg press 3x12 (135lbs)
    Calf raise 3x12 (115lbs)
    Leg curl 3x12 (100lbs)
    Leg extension 3x12 (65lbs)
    Leg adduction 3x12 (140lbs)
    Leg abduction 3x12 (140lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (145lbs)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body - Monday

Bench Press 10x3x76% 1RM (Final set AMAP, got 12)
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 3x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Weights: Lower Body - Tuesday

Rack Pull 5x10, 8, 6, 4, 2
    DB Lunges 3x10
    Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15 (Last Set Drop Set)
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

My US Army son is home for the week to celebrate his and my birthdays. He can run circles around me (man, I would love to see him now vs me in my prime!), and his strength in the gym has made huge progress. But I still showed him he has a lot of work ahead of him before he can outlift the old man!
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Today's workout: 8 min walking the dog; 12 min stair climber; 2 min Helix; 10 min free weights (arms; squats).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Incline press 3x12 (40lbs)
    Decline press 3x12 (40lbs)
    Chest press 3x12 (40lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Pec fly 3x10 (30lbs)
    Triceps press 3x12 (80lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (145lbs)

So after a little digging around, I have figured out pec fly and chest press are total weight and not per arm. So correct weights on those are 30 and 40 respectively, lol. Now the 40 chest press was easier than either decline or incline, I'll try 45 next time.

Any idea why triceps press I can do alot more?