edited May 20
    Options
    Upper Body

Bench Press 10x3x71% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    5K - Power Walking
    Mile 1: 14:43
    Mile 2 : 14:33
    Mile 3 : 15:02
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Haven't reported in for a couple of days, but you could probably guess: Both Friday and today (Monday) I rowed just under 7k in the double, stroke seat on Friday, bow seat today. We're still generally in "just row" mode, working on refreshing technical skills with bladework and such post-Winter - the things one can't work on via machine rowing.

Today I was out with one of last season's learn-to-row group, who's still working on basics (expected, normal). Perfect water!

I didn't do a formal workout over the weekend, but took a road trip to Wisconsin with a couple of friends to watch the Big 10 Women's Rowing Championships. "Our" team didn't dominate, which we expected, but did move up the rankings from last year, as we had hoped. There's been a coaching change, we hope/think positive. They are rebuilding. I did a bunch of walking around Devil's Lake State Park, where the event was held on Sunday (in gorgeous weather) . . . but many hours riding in a car on both Saturday and Sunday, so on balance, not a great workout/activity weekend.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 2 hours yard work in the heat of the day.

Today: 10 min. bike ride to coffee shop, then 15 min. ride home. The return trip is mostly uphill.
    At home: 2x15 skull crushers; 2x20 hip thrusts; two 30 sec. V-sits; PT-prescribed leg stretches (4 sets).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options

Pec fly 3x10 (30lbs)
    Incline press 3x10 (30lbs)
    Decline press 3x10 (30lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x10 (30lbs)
    Front pulldown 3x10 (90lbs)
    Mid row 3x10 (125lbs)
    High row 3x10 (80lbs)
    Row 3x10 (120lbs)
    Abdominal 3x10 (125lbs)
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    10 min walking the dog; 15 min. elliptical machine; 5 min. Helix trainer; 10 min. calisthenics -- basically a series of sun salutations with planks thrown in for good measure; 2x10 squats at the end with hamstring stretches.
  • Vio_let23
    Options
    Mowed the lawn for 50 minutes.
    Then took an easy paced 2 mile walk for 40 minutes.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and biceps

Watson Viking press 10 x 3
    9 x 1
    Machine rear flys. 15 x 4
    Lateral raises 15 x 3
    EZ bar curls. 10 x 3. 9 x 1
    DB hammer curls 10 x 4
  • emsfolkes49
    emsfolkes49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a decent workout today 35 minutes elliptical decent burn got that sweat pumping ,moved on to weights 37 minutes burning those calories 💪 3 sets 12 reps hammer curls,3sets 12 reps shoulder press ,3 sets 12 reps lat pulldown slowly getting back in the gym taking it 1day at a time at 74 years young.
  • Vio_let23
    Options
    3.1 walking miles - 15.5 min pace.
    The previous days I did this, I got down into the 14's. I'm thinking the heat made me go slower. So I have to give myself time to adjust to the temps.
  • synergyphysiotherapybangalore
    Options
    good
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,472 Member
    Options
    Lower Body

Rack Pull 4x10
    BB Hip Thrust 4x10
    One-Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Leg press 3x10 (135lbs) +5 from last time
    Calf raise 3x10 (115lbs) +5 from last time
    Leg curl 1x10,1x7 (120lbs), 1x3, 1x10 (100lbs). 20lbs is a big jump from last time, but the machine doesn't have smaller increments
    Leg extension 3x10 (65lbs)
    Led adduction 3x10 (135lbs)
    Leg abduction 3x10 (135lbs)
    Abdominal (crunch style) 3x10 (125lbs) Different machine, felt harder than 125 on the other one
  • nossmf
    Options
    Couple ideas for you, @nicsflyingcircus for the next time you're faced with large leaps in weight (these are all done at current weight):

1. Increase reps +2
    2. Increase time per rep to 2 seconds up, 2 seconds down, adding another second over time until you hit 5/5
    3. Cut the weight in half, and use just one leg at a time
    4. Find a small weight plate from the free weights section, sometimes you can balance the weight on top of the cable/machine stack to allow for 2.5# increase, 5#, etc.

Don't add all of these ideas at once! Pick one, try it for a couple weeks, either keep it and add a second or replace it with a different one. But using these ideas can help bridge the gap between one weight and another, so when you feel ready to try the heavier weight with normal reps you will be ready for success!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Thanks @nossmf!

I'm still a newbie and feeling my way through all of this. I can't cut the weight in half and do one leg, because the weights go 15-30-45-60-80-100-120 etc. So dropping the weight and going single leg would leave me with either a lighter weight per leg (45x2=90) or the same weight that was a little too much (60x2=120). I'll either try 3x8 @120, or 3x12 @100. Probably the 3x12, because that's more total weight by a not insignificant amount. I try to do the exercises pretty slow and methodically, I definitely see people doing them in speed run mode.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Actually dropping from 100 for both legs to 45 for a single leg may be ideal, as often you'll discover doing a single limb at a time is NOT exactly equal to half of both limbs together, since stabilizer muscles get tasked differently.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Huh. Like I said, newbie still. I might give that a try
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    31 min. on the exercise bike; 15 min. calisthenics and stretching. Realized in a somewhat painful way that I don't stretch out my lower back nearly enough.

@nossmf you've got great ideas on adjusting weights (see above).
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet but I have boxing class tonight and I plan on running before.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Of course I rowed. It was quite windy, but we had enough rowers (4) for a quad, so it was safe to row. I was in bow, the steering/bossy position. We had one of our pretty-new rowers in the boat again, so I called a bunch of focus drills. (Ten strokes at a time focusing on some named technical point.) Just under 7k as usual, maybe a little more effort because of the wind.

I also did a bit more walking than usual, incidental to parking blocks away from a couple of events I was attending. Started physical therapy for rib pain, too, but this was assessment, so not very exercise-y.