What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,540 Member
    Options
    Four days of rowing. Not like @AnnPT77 rowing in a shell; rowing a 15' raft full of gear and a passenger. The first day was a bit of an adventure. One of our boats flipped and we had to chase it for a mile before we could un-flip it. The second day was short and glorious and we had a LONG afternoon in my favorite camp in the whole canyon. Day three was a long 20 mile day with headwind. The row out the last day was just an hour and a half with some wind.

I did a short hike on the day we had so much time. I got a tick deeply embedded in my waist. We got "most" of it out.... We ate and ate and ate. I only gained a couple pounds. I baked a cake in a Dutch oven on the first night. Fun stuff.

Every time we got to camp, we had to unload all our gear, set up our kitchen, and then put it all back together in the morning, so there was plenty of carrying. That one site I love so much is a big carry up a steep hill, but it's worth it.

We only saw two bears. One was a LARGE cinnamon colored bear, and almost directly across the river was a much smaller 200-pound black one. We smelled the sweet aroma of Mock Orange blossoms often. Native azalea were in bloom as were some gorgeous yellow native irises that only grow in a small area in southwest Oregon (Iris innominata).

I'll unload the truck and get things cleaned today and get ready for the next adventures.
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    4 Mile walk - 65 minutes including a 3 minute cool down.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    10 min. walk with the dog; then at the gym: 11 min. on the Helix Trainer; 6 min. rowing machine (not like Ann, but you know, something), then 20 min. various free weight arm exercises.

A friend is visiting from out of town, staying in an AirBnb--we see each other every 2 years after having been BFFs in high school and college years ago, in another state. And I invited said friend to come over for lunch earlier today but instead she's shopping and eating lunch down town with her son (5 min. from my house) and is going to come over much later, after the wedding she came into town for. Maybe I should just shrug this off, but I feel ridiculously hurt, undervalued, wondering why she's here at all, etc.
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 624 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    I had to workout from home today, started my day with yoga and ran 6k this evening
  • Vio_let23
    Options
    3.14 mile walk. 15:30 average pace. It's getting hot and sunny earlier in the day. I might have to change my walking time. OR - go to a shady park.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Working out on a work day, which is different, since I work 3 12.5 hr shifts in a row and don't go after my first and second shifts. Split my upper in push/pull (I think). Push today, pull tomorrow (I get off work at 7:30am tomorrow)

Pec fly 3x10 (30lbs)
    Incline press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Decline press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Chest press 3x10 (35lbs)
    Triceps press 3x12 (75lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (125lbs)
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing 7 miles on the NuStep at level 4
    I bumped it to level 5 a few days ago.
    Tonight I am trying 10 miles as a stretch goal.

I think I might actually make it!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing 7 miles on the NuStep at level 4
    I bumped it to level 5 a few days ago.
    Tonight I am trying 10 miles as a stretch goal.

I think I might actually make it!

It took me 2 and a half hours, but by gosh I did it!
    hl1pm21ii8wx.jpeg

• nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    So in addition to the weight machine workouts I post here, I also shoot for at least 10k steps per day. 7500 at an absolute minimum. I am averaging just over 13k steps per day so far this month and about 9k steps per day this year, which includes multiple weeks where I was quite ill (I had a 3 week stretch in January where I had 3200 steps/day, then 929 the following week, then 5400 the week after that, and then a 2 week stretch at the beginning of April with 2600 and 2800 steps per day average).
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    The cool part about having out of town company is being a tourist in my own corner of the world. Yesterday we toured a cave reputed to contain lost gold from some Spanish conquistadors who traveled through the area in the 1500s.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Front pulldown 3x12 (80lbs)
    Mid row 3x10 (125lbs)
    High row 3x12 (70lbs)
    Row 3x10 (120lbs)
    Lat pulldown 3x10 (70 lbs)
    Bicep curl 3x10 (15lbs) single arm
    Abdominal 3x12 (125lbs)
  • Vio_let23
    Options
    4 mile easy walk around the neighborhood. 16:44 avg pace. 117bpm avg HR.
    Hope to do more later in the day.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Upper Body - Thursday

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)

Weights: Lower Body - Friday

Squats 4x10
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x15 <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10

Finally got online to post results of these two workouts. Seriously thinking of taking my once-per-quarter break from the gym this next week, let my body fully recover from this abdominal virus which has kept me in bed for two days now.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Leg press 3x12 (135lbs)
    Calf raise 3x12 (115lbs)
    Leg curl 3x12 (100lbs)
    Leg extension 3x12 (65lbs)
    Leg adduction 3x12 (135lbs)
    Leg abduction 3x12 (135lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (125lbs)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Saturday, the storm cleared off just in time to let us row. Someone else was willing to bow (take steering responsibility), and I sat stroke (the rower in stern that everyone can see, responsible for keeping the right steady rhythm). I'm not a natural at this. :D I think it went OK, though. It was a row followed by a coffee then lunch moveable party for a club member who's returning home to Istanbul in a week.

I didn't row on Friday; I was there, but there were 5 of us, and it was quite windy/choppy, so I volunteered to cox a quad. (Cox = coxswain, person who steers the boat with lines to a rudder, so no rower needs to worry about watching over their shoulder so they can avoid hitting stuff. ;) ) I'll probably need to cox in our learn-to-row class coming up in June, so this was good practice with more-skilled rowers.

There was one newer person in the boat (from last season's class), so we did some drills, including some eyes-closed rowing. (Most boats row better eyes closed, if not absolute beginners.)
    10 min. walk with the dog; then at the gym: 11 min. on the Helix Trainer; 6 min. rowing machine (not like Ann, but you know, something), then 20 min. various free weight arm exercises.

@DiscusTank5: Hey! No shade to you, even from you. :flowerforyou:

You do really nice mixed workouts - good stuff, and still in rehab mode besides. I'm almost close to rowing obsessed, have been for 20+ years. In particular, I rarely do strength work, and that's admittedly a Bad Thing. 🤷

• IzzieDizzie93
    IzzieDizzie93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Leg Day today for me:

Warm up:
    High knees - 30secs
    Body weight Squats
    Wide Stance Shift

Sumo Squats - 4 x 6
    Hip Thrusts - 4 x 6
    Bulgarian Lunge - 4 x 6
    Wall Sit (with a weight plate) - 1min
    Close Squats - 3 x 8
    Plank - 1 min, 30sec
    Stepper - 10mins

Not too tired after that, probably should have pushed myself a bit more... but might feel it in the next up coming days.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    3 rounds of 9 kettlebell/barbell/bodyweight exercises plus a bonus exercise at the end
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@DiscusTank5: Hey! No shade to you, even from you. :flowerforyou:

You do really nice mixed workouts - good stuff, and still in rehab mode besides. I'm almost close to rowing obsessed, have been for 20+ years. In particular, I rarely do strength work, and that's admittedly a Bad Thing. 🤷

Thanks so much, Ann! I need to work on celebrating my wins, not comparing myself to others or even my old, pre-cancer diagnosis self.

On that note: I just got in from a 29 min. walk around the block with hubs, son, and dog. It used to take me 25 minutes but at least I got out there at all, and after a tiring trip to Walmart at that.
  • Vio_let23
    Options
    3.1 mile walk, 16:10avg pace, 123avg HR
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Pec fly 3x10 (30lbs)
    Incline press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Decline press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x12 (30lbs)
    Chest press 3x12@ (70lbs)
    Triceps press 3x12 (75lbs)

No abs today. The gym was crazy packed and I was tired of waiting for machines.