What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I went climbing yesterday. I was in very good form. I flashed a v4, and got two other v4s as well.

Today, I swam a kilometer, did some walking, and destroyed the brambles which were talking over my garden. (I don't often garden, so this took 4 hours as they were quite extensive.)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Two days as a co-lead for a touring kayak class. Day one was a LOT of flipping the boat and using different techniques to get back in, with and without assistance. Day two was a tour with a flood tide into a stiff wind. The students enjoyed the class, but we wore 'em out.

Today taking seniors on a paddling trip to a reservoir. The hardest part is probably loading and unloading all the kayaks and gear, but it will be another very nice day.
  • bhavitchhatralia
    bhavitchhatralia Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    Today's work out:
    Sit ups - 2 sets - 50 reps
    Push ups (assited with a little 6-in-1 Multi-Trainer) - 5 sets - 10 reps
    Push ups (inclined) - 5 sets - 10 reps
    tricep presses (using the same machine for resistance) - 2 sets - 50 reps
    Squats - 2 sets - 50 reps

Biggest struggle is the press ups for me and it's taken time to build up to where i've gotten.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Walking the dog--10 min before the rain started.
    Gym:
    40 min. walking on the treadmill at a 3.2 mph pace, though I ran at 5.0 mph for 1 min. of that just to see how it felt.
    20 min. various body weight movements (V-sits; reverse sit-ups; superman stretches; hip thrusts, etc.)
  • drmwc
    edited May 13
    Options
    Climbing again. An odd session, I became obsessed with a powerful v4 slab. I got it early on with a French start, and the quite quickly worked out how to do the start. (You are supposed to be completely still on the starting holds; a French start is when one is dynamic.)

However, putting it all together took a while. I sent it after about 30 goes.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,431 Member
    Options
    I've not been getting in workouts much, kind of struggling with fatigue of mystery origin, possibly related to posterior lower rib pain of mystery origin, but not sure. (Lots of Xrays, CTs, more - no insights.)

Finally back on the river for the first time this season, rowing bow in the double. Went well, not over-tired from that, thankfully. We did the usual club to bridge, to another bridge, back to club route, a circuit of just under 7k. Nothing fancy, just steady state, trying to knock the Winter rust off our technique. Went OK, especially for a first seasonal outing.

Tonight, supervised open rowing session at the club. No row for me, but carried some boats.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,352 Member
    Options
    Upper Body

Bench Press 10x3x69% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,332 Member
    Options
    Loading boats and gear on a trailer. Unloading said boats and gear. Moving that. Helping people adjust boats and get into 'em. Paddling a few miles. Getting out for lunch, getting back in, and getting in a few more miles. Loading boats. Unloading boats. Not too much cleaning. Then a nice walk with a friend. Now... sleep after three long days.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I did upper body at the gym today. All machines.

Incline and decline press, overhead press, chest press, pec fly, two kinds of lat pull down (overhand wide gip vs underhand close grip, they aren't called lat pull down but I am blanking on the actual names), a seated row and another similar but different machine. Also bicep curl machine and tricep dips. Oh, and also an ab machine where I kneel on a padded thing and twist at the hips

All 3x10
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Chest and triceps

Incline db press. 10x 3
    15x 1
    Machine wide grip bp 12x3
    Cable flys. 15 x 3
    Dips BW. 12x3
    Seated overhead tricep extension 15x3
    Tricep push downs 15x3
    Rope pull down 14x3

1 hour cardio in the evening
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Body

Rack Pull 4x10
    BB Hip Thrust 4x10
    One-Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Felt good hitting the gym immediately after waking, rather than having to wait until after the work day was complete and competing with other post-work gym goers for equipment.
  • nossmf
    Options
    ...two kinds of lat pull down (overhand wide gip vs underhand close grip, they aren't called lat pull down but I am blanking on the actual names)...

As far as I know, they're called lat pulldowns, just with variable grips. What makes you think they're named something else?
  • drmwc
    Options
    I did Day 1 of a scuba course. I am learning sidemount. It went alright. The set trimmed very nicely; I did the skills well enough (including taking tanks off and putting them back on.)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    ...two kinds of lat pull down (overhand wide gip vs underhand close grip, they aren't called lat pull down but I am blanking on the actual names)...

As far as I know, they're called lat pulldowns, just with variable grips. What makes you think they're named something else?

They had some other name in the machine, I think.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited May 14
    Options
    Today I did lower body:

Leg press, calf raises, leg curls, leg extensions, adduction and abduction, plus the crunch type ab machine.

All 3x10
  • nossmf
    Options
    I guess the lat pulldown could have been called cable pulldown, but it's the same muscles worked regardless.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so impressive with your weight reps, paddling, and scuba.

My much more humble gym workout today:
    16 min. exercise bike while watching NCIS solve crime. :)
    5 min. quad stretches
    16 min. of walking across campus and back from my car
    much earlier: the usual walk with my dog
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I guess the lat pulldown could have been called cable pulldown, but it's the same muscles worked regardless.

Oh, I do know it's the same muscle groups, lol
  • Tsalite
    Tsalite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do weights/ bodyweight stuff 2x a week, which will probably be Tuesdays and Saturdays. Today was the first of that routine. Nothing too exciting or heavy, because I'm just getting back into it, but it consists of squats, lunges, planks, calf raises, deadlifts, bicep curls, and overhead presses. I'll change/ add more as I progress, I'm sure.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 899 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Leg day quad focused

Belt squat 10 x 3
    Back off set 13 x 1

Leg press 15 x 4
    Weighed hyper extensions 10 x 3
    Leg extensions 15 x 3
    13 x 1
    Seated Leg curl 12 x 3