Less Alcohol ~ JUNE 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    June accountability: 2 days AF
    Alcohol: 4 days (9 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine
    6/4 - 2 beers
    6/5 - AF
    6/6 - 3 wine
    My sister joined us, issues with mom, workers at my house, a little overwhelmed today which is no excuse but it is what it is … not denying that I drank 3 glasses.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Sunday June 05 - AF - Planning AF until Thursday.
    Monday June 06 - AF - That was quite a struggle to stay AF. It was raining when I got off of work, but really wanted to get my onions in (so far behind on everything due to the eye injury) and a bunch of other things planted so got my gardening clothes on and went out. I only got 2 rows in when it started hailing! I ran to my shed where I found a cigarette..but no lighter lol. I didn't have time to cover the peppers. I went in the house and was pulling all sorts of stuff out to the counter, like Brandy, Bailey's, a nice glass etc. The plan was to go have a nice drinkie on the covered porch. I resisted for 6 minutes and then another 6 minutes. Then my bestie that moved away messaged and was like "let's have a drink together over the phone". Argh. We did have a really good catch up, we hadn't spoken in quite awhile. She has since been moving into her new house that she bought over in New Brunswick. Glad that I managed to resist. Sticking to AF until Thursday.

Rolling total: 4AF days out of 6 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    Hey to all the AF's here and wanna be's (that's my category) happy Tuesday,,,,,taco tuesday?....oh not at my house. Tonight culanary adventure is frozen tortellini with home made sauce and garlic bread. Provided I can find some sort of roll around here, it may be sliced garlic bread.

So DH went into Costco ..again.. to purchase food for storage, He is preparing for the worst (it can be exhausting keeping up with this) Anyway so he comes home with canned roast beef and pink salmon. How am I suppose to make something edible with these items?
    I am open to trying all kinds of things please chime in!. I have worked out the canned chicken breast and tuna....I know I can mix the beef with noodles. The salmon??? I live in salmon country to eat it out of a can is almost sacrilegious. The salmon season is just getting started.

I plan to be AF all this week. DH and I have decided we have been eating out too many meals and when we do that there is usually 2 beers involved. So we are resolved to only eat out one meal on Saturday or Sunday, but the catch is. WE have to both put names of places we enjoy then draw a name out of a hat to so speak and that is where we will go, either someplace we have seen or something new! I am excited
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Last week- 5AF and 2A- best week I've had in a long time!
    This week 3AF so far - having tea, juice, and cbd
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    edited June 2022
    @lmlmrn, we’ve gotten canned salmon before, treated it like canned tuna or canned chicken, and it makes for a yummy sandwich or topping for a salad. I’m with ya on canned salmon being an oddity - having lived in the Pacific Northwest and getting wild caught salmon for years, it seems wierd to have it in canned form. My bigger issue is that now I’m a total salmon snob- if it’s Atlantic farmed, I don’t eat it! Wild caught only for me! So much better! Yum!

@ahoy_m8 sorry to hear about your uncle in law’s passing. It is sobering to know how quickly an illness can take us all.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    AF last two nights, and even though I wanted a glass of wine, the feeling passed pretty quickly. Good on me, my weight whooshed down since not drinking these last couple of nights! Plus I have a tennis match this morning so I want to be sharp. Wish me luck!

So the challenge is to stay AF after I get home from work tonight. If I can stave off the craving, then I’ll have achieved half of my goal to be AF M-W.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @Lilylady3k

That is the best reason to be AF!! Soooo cute!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I'm Dawn
    I joined this thread in November 2018. I had my first AF day soon thereafter. It was hard! I stayed with one AF day per week for awhile and then gradually increased that.

I will continue on with what has been attainable for me, 16-20 AF days per month. So trying to keep it to 3A days per week or less.
    I am drinking less for weight loss. 20 more pounds to shed still.

Diary Style

Sunday June 05 - AF - Planning AF until Thursday.
    Monday June 06 - AF - That was quite a struggle to stay AF. It was raining when I got off of work, but really wanted to get my onions in (so far behind on everything due to the eye injury) and a bunch of other things planted so got my gardening clothes on and went out. I only got 2 rows in when it started hailing! I ran to my shed where I found a cigarette..but no lighter lol. I didn't have time to cover the peppers. I went in the house and was pulling all sorts of stuff out to the counter, like Brandy, Bailey's, a nice glass etc. The plan was to go have a nice drinkie on the covered porch. I resisted for 6 minutes and then another 6 minutes. Then my bestie that moved away messaged and was like "let's have a drink together over the phone". Argh. We did have a really good catch up, we hadn't spoken in quite awhile. She has since been moving into her new house that she bought over in New Brunswick. Glad that I managed to resist. Sticking to AF until Thursday.
    Tuesday June 07 - AF - Drinks were just a fleeting thought, no real triggers other than being very tired all day. Planning AF for Wednesday, since I will be hiking with...@globalhiker tomorrow!!!!

Rolling total: 5AF days out of 7 days
  • lmlmrn
    Womona wrote: »
    @lmlmrn, we’ve gotten canned salmon before, treated it like canned tuna or canned chicken, and it makes for a yummy sandwich or topping for a salad. I’m with ya on canned salmon being an oddity - having lived in the Pacific Northwest and getting wild caught salmon for years, it seems wierd to have it in canned form. My bigger issue is that now I’m a total salmon snob- if it’s Atlantic farmed, I don’t eat it! Wild caught only for me! So much better! Yum!

@ahoy_m8 sorry to hear about your uncle in law’s passing. It is sobering to know how quickly an illness can take us all.

@Womona It is weird lol I am such a seafood snob. I don't eat any seafood that is not 'wild caught' Especially cod, shrimp and Salmon!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Last week- 5AF and 2A- best week I've had in a long time!
    This week 4AF so far - having tea, juice, cbd, and non-alcoholic ginger beer
  • Lilylady3k
    @mainelylisa - Wonderful to hear from you and see that you've found a groove that suits you. Exciting about the coaching training ... that has to provide additional insights. Good luck and I hope we hear from you off and on again. Take care!
  • Lilylady3k
    June accountability: 3 days AF
    Alcohol: 5 days (11 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

6/1 - 2 glasses wine; DH returned to work after a month off and gave a 10 day notice retiring / resigning
    6/2 - AF
    6/3 - 2 wine
    6/4 - 2 beers
    6/5 - AF
    6/6 - 3 wine
    My sister joined us, issues with mom, workers at my house, a little overwhelmed today which is no excuse but it is what it is … not denying that I drank 3 glasses.
    6/7 - 2 wine
    6/8 - AF
  • Lilylady3k
    @MissMay - Exciting changes ahead in your life!! Are you planning to hit the road with the RV, find a rental or something else? Does this change your plans for you and DH to retire now instead of in the future?
  • lmlmrn
    @mainelylisa Kudos to you for all the hard work, thank you for checking in and showing life without A is possible and productive xxxx

@MissMay Girl this is so exciting for you....the next chapter. I am so envious, I am still two years ahead of schedule for a move but you...you dove in and puff you are now a displaced, homeless, landscaper??? With a ton of canvases to pack?

So talking about changes! Did I mention my plumber/contractor AND my cabinet install both bailed on my last week? OR that I get a call today saying my cabinets will be ready on June 22, NOT early Sept? Sheesh now I have to step up my decision making (not a problem). Who to hire, when to hire, what/where to buy appliances, flooring, hardware etc. I will get through this!

One more contractor in tomorrow for estimate then I move forward the first of the week with decisions and spending LOL yikes talk about scary for me

Oh then there was the beer I had at chinner/dinch...took the edge off along with the nap so I am ready to bring it on